Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 2: Monday Night Wars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Wrestling Footballer?
Dwayne Johnson, DT, Miami
30%
 30%  [ 8 ]
Bill Goldberg, DT, Georgia
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Lex Luger, DE, Miami
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Ron Simmons, DT, FSU
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Horn-"The Rock"-by, QB, BeerU
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
E "The Shockmaster" Z-Failed tryout Punter
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Pruitt3443 wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
Few things:

1 - That Adams DB needs cut. Now. Just leave him in DC.

2 - Schwarts needs cut. Now. Just leave him with Adams in DC.

3 - Hoyer needs to play with the starters. This in 1 series out 1 series did nothing for either of these 2 QBs.

4 - Manziel did a lot better with the 2nds than the 1sts because he is use to their speed. A lot of his balls were thrown behind because 2nds are a step slower than starters. This shows that Manziel is not mature enough for the NFL. He needs a year to get up to speed.

4A - That manziel Middle Finger. See not mature enough comment above.

5 - Our D looked good overall.

6 - That pick 6!

7 - That Hail Mary!

8 - That Ben Tate!

9 - I would just name Hoyer the starter and get it over with. Give him starting reps and get him and the other starters ready for the 3rd game. Give them a good dress rehearsal and get ready for Pitt.

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Just name Hoyer the starter? He hasnt really done anything to earn the starting spot. You still make them earn it.

Manziel is not mature enough because he isnt use to NFL speed because he threw some balls behind some guys...get the hell out. I have seen QBs plenty of times throwing balls behind the receivers. Im not saying its great and I want it like that but it happens in the NFL. I know the one ball he threw behind Cameron you see a LB in the area. If its infront the LB could drive on the ball and either pick it off or swat it away. Also the commentors on the same play were saying Cameron should of found the whole and settled and they were saying Manziel might of been assuming he was going to settle in that hole. I remember him throwing a ball behind Gordon but Gordon was able to get 2 hands on it.

Was the middle finger a lack of maturity yeah probably but to me thats not big. Shows he has a little attitude to himself. He isnt bitching and moaning about anything, he isnt showing frustration on the field or on the sidelines. Isnt crying about his 1st team reps or his WRs dropping his passes.

You know the redskins players or sideline were prolly giving it to him good that he felt the need to give them a one finger salute. The sideline for the Skins also got flagged for speaking their mouth to the refs and got flagged for it. It didnt change his focus or the way he played. Would it of been nice to just ignore it out right but I kinda like it that he flipped the bird

I think the finger is one of those things that Pettine has to come out against in public, and even in the locker room, but behind close doors he is probably smiling about. Sorta like making sure Johnny is kept in place, but also liking that he has a guy with some spunk.

I think the only thing that the single digit salute from Manziel showed was that the Redskins had gotten into his head and I think they did it early when they first sacked him and popped up giving him the "money" gesture. Obviously cannot prove it but I am betting as a young guy that stuck in his craw and affected his play the entire game as he just played like he was rattled.

When you are all the national media wants to talk about, even though you have accomplished nothing to this point at the NFL level, there are going to be plenty of guys ready to rub it in your face whenever they make a play against you. He needs to mature and ignore that crap and just focus on learning and playing the game.

I feel like I'm channeling my inner MBTL here but... might as well make Johnny the starter then and let him work through that and mature. Like I said in a previous post, I don't think QB is going to be the sole decider of whether the Browns win or lose after seeing what the entire offense looked like last night, so might as well get some benefit out of losses early on.
wukusimw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Observations of the game:
Love the defense despite I still think the coaches are holding back and testing players' abilities. For example, A. Bryant getting a ton of snaps and putting Robertson and Sheard in man coverages.

-Taylor is going to have a huge year.
-A.Bryant will be a second and long/3rd down player that makes a lot of plays.
-Robertson is a good run defender but not a great tackler, and they should put him in zone more than man
-Kruger looks great with a lot of energy while Sheard looks a bit overweight and slow.
-Mingo is going to have a great year along with Haden
-Gilbert made some good tackles

OFFENSE
With all the wr's getting chances, splitting reps at QB/WR, some key OL penalties, Gordon/Cameron not wanting to get hurt the QB issues were compounded. Both guys are better than what was shown and were put in some bad circumstances. Guys not running right routes and not catching the ball also doesn't help.

Furthermore, as with the defense the offense has not opened it up. When Johnny is getting an all out blitz that is when you let him throw it up deep.

On the one hand it would be great for a starter to be named and the next game he gets atleast two quarters of work and can get in a rhythm. On the other hand the competition is still up for grabs but these guys need to be enabled to get in a rhythm. Next game give them each a quarter and a half.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
I think the finger is one of those things that Pettine has to come out against in public, and even in the locker room, but behind close doors he is probably smiling about. Sorta like making sure Johnny is kept in place, but also liking that he has a guy with some spunk.

Mike Pettine: ďIt does not sit well. Itís disappointing, because what we talk about is being poised and being focused, you have to be able to maintain your poise. Thatís a big part of all football players, especially the quarterback, that we have to keep our composure, so thatís something that weíll obviously address with him.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/19/manziels-gesture-doesnt-sit-well-with-mike-pettine/

Not sure what that's supposed to prove. My point was that Pettine has to say these things up front, but there's probably a part of him that enjoys having a QB with that edge.

Also, seems a little hypocritical of Pettine after he was seen doing this in a previous career....

Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:

Mike Pettine: ďIt does not sit well. Itís disappointing, because what we talk about is being poised and being focused, you have to be able to maintain your poise. Thatís a big part of all football players, especially the quarterback, that we have to keep our composure, so thatís something that weíll obviously address with him.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/19/manziels-gesture-doesnt-sit-well-with-mike-pettine/

Thanks for the info. We aren't really casual fans around here so obviously we have all seen Manziel's and Pettine's comments. Thanks for looking out for us anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random thought what would be a bigger news story ? Manziel gives the bird ... Or Manziel throws up money sign infront of redskins bench after touchdown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

i.posted.a.quote.from.your.coach.

his exact words. and in followup to some CLE fans discussing how Pettine reacted to it.

seems sensible to me.

how that is seen as passive aggressive or showing a bias or an agenda is beyond me. i have no agenda, nor could i change any CLE fans' opinions of Manziel if i even cared to, everyone is going to make up their own minds. which is expected.

the way you guys jump on me is crazy. non-CLE FF members are allowed to post here, you know. i don't do it in an insulting manner or anything.

all i want to do is read your views of what Pettine said. and without knowing what he said, that can't be done.

that's passive aggressive...?

This is madness! NO THIS IS the Cleveland Browns Football Future Forum! Shocked

Forgive us sir... most of us probably have a hangover and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Zac Jackson ‏@FSOhioZJackson 3m
07 QB competition, 2nd preseason game: Frye 5-10, 42, 1 int, 1 sack. Anderson 6-8, 65, 1 int, 1 sack. Booed at halftime. Went on to win 10.

Hope!
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
Quote:
07 QB competition, 2nd preseason game: Frye 5-10, 42, 1 int, 1 sack. Anderson 6-8, 65, 1 int, 1 sack. Booed at halftime. Went on to win 10.

Hope!

To be fair, Edwards, Lewis and Winslow played out of their minds that year.

We don't have a WR right now that can help the QB's.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
Quote:

Hope!

yeah, and the journeyman hometown bad quarterback was incorrectly named the starter, faced pittsburgh and then traded away and the upstart came in and won 10

sounds pretty close to what might happen, except for i dont think pettine will can hoyer after one game
pnies20

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I've watched that goal line stand like 5 times. So awesome.

<3 JF
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:

Would have been terrible play calling in the regular season for the Redskins but in preseason I think they did the right thing to just go toe to toe and make us stop their power running game. They lost, which sucks for them but now they know they probably shouldn't rely on that in a regular season game against a good run stopping defense. Maybe fake the handoff, roll RGIII out and run/hit TE/FB. I think that would have happened in the regular season. Still, great to see the stop.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've rarely seen any of Miles Austin. Hopefully coaches are just trying to protect him. I want to see more of Taylor Gabriel. Dude is fast. Unlike Travis Benjamin he doesn't break when you sneeze on him.

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

Would have been terrible play calling in the regular season for the Redskins but in preseason I think they did the right thing to just go toe to toe and make us stop their power running game. They lost, which sucks for them but now they know they probably shouldn't rely on that in a regular season game against a good run stopping defense. Maybe fake the handoff, roll RGIII out and run/hit TE/FB. I think that would have happened in the regular season. Still, great to see the stop.

Remember when the steelers tried that in a regular season game against us a few years ago and a LB who's name escapes me just crushed them on the one yard line three times in a row. That LB was great if you ran at him but terrible in space

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

Remember when the steelers tried that in a regular season game against us a few years ago and a LB who's name escapes me just crushed them on the one yard line three times in a row. That LB was great if you ran at him but terrible in space

Gocong!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

Gocong!

That's the one. He was awesome that day and I think we all had a bit of a man crush on him for a while but he really was only good of you ran directly at him. I remember when he was with the eagles that fat raiders QB who's names also escapes me (to many concussions ) did the slowest spin move ever but it was enough to make Chris Gocong whiff as if it was Barry sanders

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 45 of 46

Jump to: