Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 2: Monday Night Wars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Wrestling Footballer?
Dwayne Johnson, DT, Miami
30%
 30%  [ 8 ]
Bill Goldberg, DT, Georgia
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Lex Luger, DE, Miami
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Ron Simmons, DT, FSU
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Horn-"The Rock"-by, QB, BeerU
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
E "The Shockmaster" Z-Failed tryout Punter
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
I think the finger is one of those things that Pettine has to come out against in public, and even in the locker room, but behind close doors he is probably smiling about. Sorta like making sure Johnny is kept in place, but also liking that he has a guy with some spunk.

Mike Pettine: ďIt does not sit well. Itís disappointing, because what we talk about is being poised and being focused, you have to be able to maintain your poise. Thatís a big part of all football players, especially the quarterback, that we have to keep our composure, so thatís something that weíll obviously address with him.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/19/manziels-gesture-doesnt-sit-well-with-mike-pettine/

Not sure what that's supposed to prove.

i'm not trying to prove anything. i just posted the coach's quote for discussion. i don't even have an opinion on the matter, it was no big deal to me either way.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
I think the finger is one of those things that Pettine has to come out against in public, and even in the locker room, but behind close doors he is probably smiling about. Sorta like making sure Johnny is kept in place, but also liking that he has a guy with some spunk.

Mike Pettine: ďIt does not sit well. Itís disappointing, because what we talk about is being poised and being focused, you have to be able to maintain your poise. Thatís a big part of all football players, especially the quarterback, that we have to keep our composure, so thatís something that weíll obviously address with him.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/19/manziels-gesture-doesnt-sit-well-with-mike-pettine/

i'm not trying to prove anything. i just posted the coach's quote for discussion. i don't even have an opinion on the matter, it was no big deal to me either way.

My error... not very often that posts in this corner of the forum are inopinionated or innocuous Smile
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:

My error... not very often that posts in this corner of the forum are inopinionated or innocuous Smile

I think he's lying lol

He is a staunch Manziel vs. Teddy guy in NFL Gen. I love Vikedaddy but he has bias here. Wink

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:

thank you.

nugpimpen wrote:
I think he's lying lol

He is a staunch Manziel vs. Teddy guy in NFL Gen. I love Vikedaddy but he has bias here. Wink

or CLE fans could learn to not be so quick to judge and overly sensitive. i prefer Bridgewater to Manziel, but you don't see me making big anti-Johnny posts, calling him a bust, etc.

relax, i'm harmless.

Webmaster wrote:
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:

thank you.

nugpimpen wrote:
I think he's lying lol

or CLE fans could learn to not be so quick to judge and overly sensitive. i prefer Bridgewater to Manziel, but you don't see me making big anti-Johnny posts, calling him a bust, etc.

relax, i'm harmless.

or MIN fans could realize that posting statements about other teams that echo their sentiments could cause issues
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
or MIN fans could realize that posting statements about other teams that echo their sentiments could cause issues

i posted a quote from your coach. certainly that's allowable, as i noticed no one else had yet.

there's no way that can be an issue.

can we please just discuss football instead?

Webmaster wrote:
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem is that your posts come across as passive aggresive. On this site a lot of people have egos and agendas.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I think the problem is that your posts come across as passive aggresive. On this site a lot of people have egos and agendas.

i.posted.a.quote.from.your.coach.

his exact words. and in followup to some CLE fans discussing how Pettine reacted to it.

seems sensible to me.

how that is seen as passive aggressive or showing a bias or an agenda is beyond me. i have no agenda, nor could i change any CLE fans' opinions of Manziel if i even cared to, everyone is going to make up their own minds. which is expected.

the way you guys jump on me is crazy. non-CLE FF members are allowed to post here, you know. i don't do it in an insulting manner or anything.

all i want to do is read your views of what Pettine said. and without knowing what he said, that can't be done.

that's passive aggressive...?

Webmaster wrote:
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

i.posted.a.quote.from.your.coach.

his exact words. and in followup to some CLE fans discussing how Pettine reacted to it.

seems sensible to me.

how that is seen as passive aggressive or showing a bias or an agenda is beyond me. i have no agenda, nor could i change any CLE fans' opinions of Manziel if i even cared to, everyone is going to make up their own minds. which is expected.

the way you guys jump on me is crazy. non-CLE FF members are allowed to post here, you know. i don't do it in an insulting manner or anything.

all i want to do is read your views of what Pettine said. and without knowing what he said, that can't be done.

that's passive aggressive...?

With all due respect to a fellow member, you posted that article, without context or comment, in response to something I had written. I don't think that was the best way to say "Hey, what does everyone think about this? Let's discuss." If you say those were your intentions, then I'll take that at face value, but you're not really giving much understanding as to why someone could misinterpret your post.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

i posted a quote from your coach. certainly that's allowable, as i noticed no one else had yet.

there's no way that can be an issue.

can we please just discuss football instead?

dude, you brought up CLE fans
why dont you start talking about football instead of saying WOE IS ME PEOPLE DONT LIKE WHAT I POST IN HERE
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:

what do you guys think of Pettine's quote here? as in, is he sincere with his words, is he truly troubled by what JM did? or is it more lip service and he's in favor of it?

has he made statements in the past where's he's more supportive of outward displays like this? what do you think the fellow players think?

Webmaster wrote:
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of the yards we gave up, but I like the turnovers we forced. We also got nice pressure as well.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:

what do you guys think of Pettine's quote here? as in, is he sincere with his words, is he truly troubled by what JM did? or is it more lip service and he's in favor of it?

has he made statements in the past where's he's more supportive of outward displays like this? what do you think the fellow players think?

i think its lip service. pettine says what he needs to say to the media to get them to love him. he's pretty good at it too- the media loves him. talk the vet up before camp starts, and now he said that hoyer is basically a rookie. he has changed tunes.

i dont mind it. some here didnt like it when past regimes did it, but will probably lap up every word pettine gives them.

i have no problem with the middle finger though. its not even close to the worst thing that is done on the football field (i happen to think the grabbing of other dudes junk and racial epithets are much worse, but thats just me)
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a problem with Manziels personality and I never will.

As long as he continues to improve. If he shows improvement, he can make it rain in Vegas whenever he wants to.
Pruitt3443

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
Few things:

1 - That Adams DB needs cut. Now. Just leave him in DC.

2 - Schwarts needs cut. Now. Just leave him with Adams in DC.

3 - Hoyer needs to play with the starters. This in 1 series out 1 series did nothing for either of these 2 QBs.

4 - Manziel did a lot better with the 2nds than the 1sts because he is use to their speed. A lot of his balls were thrown behind because 2nds are a step slower than starters. This shows that Manziel is not mature enough for the NFL. He needs a year to get up to speed.

4A - That manziel Middle Finger. See not mature enough comment above.

5 - Our D looked good overall.

6 - That pick 6!

7 - That Hail Mary!

8 - That Ben Tate!

9 - I would just name Hoyer the starter and get it over with. Give him starting reps and get him and the other starters ready for the 3rd game. Give them a good dress rehearsal and get ready for Pitt.

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Just name Hoyer the starter? He hasnt really done anything to earn the starting spot. You still make them earn it.

Manziel is not mature enough because he isnt use to NFL speed because he threw some balls behind some guys...get the hell out. I have seen QBs plenty of times throwing balls behind the receivers. Im not saying its great and I want it like that but it happens in the NFL. I know the one ball he threw behind Cameron you see a LB in the area. If its infront the LB could drive on the ball and either pick it off or swat it away. Also the commentors on the same play were saying Cameron should of found the whole and settled and they were saying Manziel might of been assuming he was going to settle in that hole. I remember him throwing a ball behind Gordon but Gordon was able to get 2 hands on it.

Was the middle finger a lack of maturity yeah probably but to me thats not big. Shows he has a little attitude to himself. He isnt bitching and moaning about anything, he isnt showing frustration on the field or on the sidelines. Isnt crying about his 1st team reps or his WRs dropping his passes.

You know the redskins players or sideline were prolly giving it to him good that he felt the need to give them a one finger salute. The sideline for the Skins also got flagged for speaking their mouth to the refs and got flagged for it. It didnt change his focus or the way he played. Would it of been nice to just ignore it out right but I kinda like it that he flipped the bird

I think the only thing that the single digit salute from Manziel showed was that the Redskins had gotten into his head and I think they did it early when they first sacked him and popped up giving him the "money" gesture. Obviously cannot prove it but I am betting as a young guy that stuck in his craw and affected his play the entire game as he just played like he was rattled.

When you are all the national media wants to talk about, even though you have accomplished nothing to this point at the NFL level, there are going to be plenty of guys ready to rub it in your face whenever they make a play against you. He needs to mature and ignore that crap and just focus on learning and playing the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 44 of 46

Jump to: