You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ben's MVP Chances
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Ben's MVP Chances Reply with quote

If we beat Cinci next week and Ben plays really well(maybe hitting 5k yards) what do you think Ben's chances are to win an MVP this year?

If not Ben, then who?

Deadpulse on the sig
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Rodgers.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Aaron Rodgers.

I made this thread without looking into it. I thought there was an AFC and NFL MVP.

Sounds like me, first time making a thread in here in what seems like years and it sucks Laughing

Deadpulse on the sig
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
Aaron Rodgers.

I made this thread without looking into it. I thought there was an AFC and NFL MVP.

Sounds like me, first time making a thread in here in what seems like years and it sucks Laughing

Brady record more hype.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben would have to dominate statistically to even have a shot. He's not even in the national conversation.

I still don't understand why Aaron Rodgers is considered a lock or even the favorite right now. Yea, he's had a great year. But you can't tell me he's more valuable to his team than some other top QB's, and his statistical output isn't that much better than a lot of them.
NFL.com-BELICHICK OUTCOACHES TOMLIN YET AGAIN
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Ben would have to dominate statistically to even have a shot. He's not even in the national conversation.

I still don't understand why Aaron Rodgers is considered a lock or even the favorite right now. Yea, he's had a great year. But you can't tell me he's more valuable to his team than some other top QB's, and his statistical output isn't that much better than a lot of them.

I agree he isnt head and shoulders above the rest, but he does definitely have a case.

Honestly, while I think Ben is top 5, Id probably give it to Tony Romo....but I dont think he wins it.

Alot of great QB play this year.

I think either Rodgers or Brady gets it. Manning's play over the last few weeks has killed his chances.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right now i would have ben like 4th behind rogers, brady, and watt

Yeast infection.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why Gronkowski doesn't get mentioned among the non-QB players. All the praise goes to Brady, but it was his return that allowed Brady to shine. People want to act like Brady just flipped some magic switch, though, and it wasn't his insanely freakish goon of a TE returning to form that made the difference in his performance. That's not an insult to Brady, just a legit question.

If we are taking the valuable part of it into the equation, I think Gronk has more of a case than Watt (who is the best DL I've seen since Reggie White).
NFL.com-BELICHICK OUTCOACHES TOMLIN YET AGAIN
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a good chance that there might be three Steelers finishing in the top ten in voting.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
There's a good chance that there might be three Steelers finishing in the top ten in voting.

Sadly, AB may get more votes than Ben, and that's not a knock on AB, but I've never been a fan of WRs as MVP candidates. Sure, Ben's year wouldn't be as good without AB, but who do you think would be effected more without the other.

Put Ben on the Jags, and he still has an ok year...put AB on the Jags, and he doesn't get 500 yds, IMO.

I love me some AB, I really do, and think he's a top 3-5 WR in the league, but to me, Ben's been more valuable to our success than AB.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bell is team MVP and rightly so. Ben hasn't have a chance at MVP with Rodgers, and Brady having big years as well.
The Curtain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Rodgers, Ben, and Romo may have been the best QBs in the NFL this year. And I feel like their team success has more to do with them than Brady/Manning's do. While Manning fell off the face of the planet the last few weeks, he still has one of the best teams around him that he's ever had with elite players on D and great players on O as well. And the Pats have a pretty good team around Brady, too.

The Packers, Cowboys, and Steelers are all playing with god awful defenses and pretty much only going to win games with good offensive play. And you know what else the Packers, Cowboys, and Steelers have in common? They've all had balanced contributions from the offense, with great performances by the RB and QB.

So I really feel like those three guys had the best and most valuable years of any of the other QBs. But knowing the fanboyism, Andrew Luck will probably win with his 0 for all of them record against every good QB he's played against this year. BUT HE GOT HIS STATS RIGHT
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
I feel like Rodgers, Ben, and Romo may have been the best QBs in the NFL this year. And I feel like their team success has more to do with them than Brady/Manning's do. While Manning fell off the face of the planet the last few weeks, he still has one of the best teams around him that he's ever had with elite players on D and great players on O as well. And the Pats have a pretty good team around Brady, too.

Romo and Bens team success also has an awful lot to do with Murray and Bell.
The Curtain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I pointed out that all three guys I mentioned have had the benefit of good RBs. Doesn't change the fact that both QBs had great years, and their defenses are pitiful.
Dcash4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
The Curtain wrote:

Romo and Bens team success also has an awful lot to do with Murray and Bell.

Thats the way i feel about it. Love Ben, but he has some stiff competition on his own team for who the MVP was this year in Brown and Bell.

Romo has his best season the year they have a great offensive line and a top 2 back with an emphasis on the running game. I cant see Romo getting it.

Without Rodgers the packers are an eh team. He is the best passer in the game.

Rodgers #1, Brady a close #2 is how i would view the MVP.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: