Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preaseason 2014 Week 1: Bucs @ Jags
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=117897

Quote:
But Lovie has issued a clarification. And it was delivered loud and clear during the halftime show of the Bucs-Jaguars game broadcast on WFLA-TV, Ch. 8, last night.

In a pre-recorded sit-down with Bucs icon Ronde Barber, the game’s color analyst, Lovie said of Glennon, “In time he will be leading our franchise.” For Joe, that was a huge step up from “quarterback of the future.”

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 13 Catches 134 Yards 2 TDs
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first team offense was scripted. Every team does it. The first 10 or so plays are predetermined.

That just shows how bad our interior linemen were. Cousins either bear-hugged Marks or was embarrassed on almost every snap. Meredith wasn't much better.

That said, it was the first few plays of the first preseason game. I'm not putting too much thought into it yet. If it continues, then, yes. But I'm not gonna start a campaign about our ineptitude after the first game.

Our defense looked good though. Granted, it was against the Jags.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:

Quote:
But Lovie has issued a clarification. And it was delivered loud and clear during the halftime show of the Bucs-Jaguars game broadcast on WFLA-TV, Ch. 8, last night.

In a pre-recorded sit-down with Bucs icon Ronde Barber, the game’s color analyst, Lovie said of Glennon, “In time he will be leading our franchise.” For Joe, that was a huge step up from “quarterback of the future.”

Shocked

Laughing

side note... what the hell does "the game's color analyst mean"??? lol
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:

The guy that announces the games for each team. John Lynch is ours currently.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

The guy that announces the games for each team. John Lynch is ours currently.

oh...
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:

Quote:

Well [inappropriate/removed].

Guess he hopes we can channel that old Buc mold to the Super Bowl. Any Brad Johnson's available? Rolling Eyes You got to be kidding me. Had my hopes up for Petty, Mariota or Hundley.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:

Quote:

Guess he hopes we can channel that old Buc mold to the Super Bowl. Any Brad Johnson's available? Rolling Eyes You got to be kidding me. Had my hopes up for Petty, Mariota or Hundley.

If we are picking 16 or up don't think for a second we wouldn't consider going to get one of those guys!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:

Quote:

If we are picking 16 or up don't think for a second we wouldn't consider going to get one of those guys!

I've probably said it once or twice but with the high roster turnover, young talent, interior OL and the biggest question of them all, lack of play at qb, we could end up anywhere between 3-13 to at best IMO 8-8.
If the qb absolutely bombs out 3-13 is highly possible. If we get some quality play, decent play, then maybe 8-8 on the outskirts of contention.

I think the defense gives us a chance almost every week per say. But I'm not confident in our offense. Glennon showed he still could barely move the ball not until the 2nd half against 3rd stringers.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finally getting a chance to watch the game. I've watched the first half.

The McCown pick was bad. But there aren't many QBs that will stand and throw a catchable ball a second before they're about to be hit.

McCoy was being McCoy. Gholston is a monster against the run. Bowers looks nasty too. Even Means has made a couple plays. We might actually have a good defensive line. Hopefully we can build on this.

Glennon hasn't looked too bad. He's had a couple nice throws. A couple catchable balls were dropped. He's also had a couple throws that weren't very good. The one when he had his arm hit as he threw... I don't know what he saw.

And Bortles looks good. He's stood strong in the pocket and made some nice throws.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the bootleg to the right that was lulzworthy, and made me shout WTF, Glennon has looked sharp in the second half. He looked great on the scoring drive.

Sims has looked great too. ASJ got called for penalties that brought both big runs back. The first one wasn't holding. At all. The second call was but it didn't effect the play.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glennons ball placement is all over the map. I noticed on a few slant routes he throws it behind wrs leaving no room for YAC. He doesn't hit guys in stride and under throws guys. His release is a bit awkward. And that throw where he apparently had his arm hit the area was all white jerseys.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He floated a beauty while running to his left to ASJ for a big gain. His timing on curl routes was great. Streeter jumps every time he catches the ball, despite not needing to. He needs to work on that.

I counted three bad throws. Obviously that's bad. But he made more nice throws than bad ones. And after his first few passes, you could see he was more comfortable in the pocket. He stood tall and made throws, despite the rush. On that pass when he was running to the left, he dipped his shoulder and somehow escaped that mess of a pocket. On his TD pass, he looked at just about every route. He made the right decision with his throw to the corner of the end zone. The DB wasn't looking. VJax catches that nine times out of ten.

He's absolutely got a lot to work on but I saw a lot of good things. A helluva lot more than I ever expected to.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
He floated a beauty while running to his left to ASJ for a big gain. His timing on curl routes was great. Streeter jumps every time he catches the ball, despite not needing to. He needs to work on that.

I counted three bad throws. Obviously that's bad. But he made more nice throws than bad ones. And after his first few passes, you could see he was more comfortable in the pocket. He stood tall and made throws, despite the rush. On that pass when he was running to the left, he dipped his shoulder and somehow escaped that mess of a pocket. On his TD pass, he looked at just about every route. He made the right decision with his throw to the corner of the end zone. The DB wasn't looking. VJax catches that nine times out of ten.

He's absolutely got a lot to work on but I saw a lot of good things. A helluva lot more than I ever expected to.

He's the same guy we saw last year. On three step drops he can zip the ball, especially on those comeback routes. No one here has ever said Glennon is bad, I just think the majority of us don't see a top 10 franchise guy, and frankly if you don't have that guy you should be looking for him.

Glennon will stay in this league for a long time. Think Derek Anderson. Guy had a pro bowl season but isn't really that guy, heck even our own Mccown. There's something to be said about a smart QB that can stay in this league but if all your hoping for is at BEST Brad Johnson, I think you should still be looking for a franchise guy.

I want to go into every year thinking we are playoff bound because of our QB like Manning, Luck, Brady, Rodgers. This league is so QB driving especially with the rule changes again this year. We have never had that guy, with Mariota, Hundley, Winston or Even Petty I would feel better about this team right now with one at the helm.

Trade for Boone, go get our QB next year and we will be relevant for a long, long time

Last edited by bucstopshere on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand exactly what he is. And I'm cool with it.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masifilo (sp?) looked good at the end of the game. He had good hustle. He was in on tackles 10+ yards down the field. And he seemed to be eating up blockers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: