Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Advice about my first trip to Heinz Field

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ironcurtain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Advice about my first trip to Heinz Field Reply with quote

Hello all. I'm finally planning a trip to Pittsburgh to see a Steelers game this year! I just wanted some advice on where to stay, what eating establishments to go to, cool bars, and where I should look for tickets. I was thinking of going to the either Steelers vs Colts or Texans game. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid the Primanti bros. in the Stadium and make your first experience at the PB in Market Square or 18th street.

Last visit I made to Pittsburgh I was finally old enough to hit the bars. Forget what my favorite bar was but it was like 4 stories tall? Felt like the bar never ended Laughing I'm sure one of the Pitt Locals can help me out with the name.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Advice about my first trip to Heinz Field Reply with quote

ironcurtain wrote:
Hello all. I'm finally planning a trip to Pittsburgh to see a Steelers game this year! I just wanted some advice on where to stay, what eating establishments to go to, cool bars, and where I should look for tickets. I was thinking of going to the either Steelers vs Colts or Texans game. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

well neither are close the the stadium proper,

but
Sharp Edge (Friendship)
Church Brew Works (Lawrenceville)
Hop Farm Brewing (Lawrenceville)

are all pretty fun, and not too far from stadium and convenient via bus lines.

Have never stayed in a hotel so no recommendations
(live there for 13 years though)
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These is a big hotel at the confluence of the 2 rivers. I stay there every year but it has changed hands a few times. Any photo shows the hotel but the name has changed. It used to be the Hilton Towers. If you want to know PM me and I'll get the latest. You can walk to the game which is a huge plus. Hit station square the night before.
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always park in Pittsburgh and walk across the bridge ( I think it is the Clemente Bridge now) to get to the field. Much cheaper parking. The parking garage is right next to the bridge.

Looking at a Map it is is on 6th St and Fort DuQuesne Blvd

If you stay at the Wyndham, just go across the Fort Duquesne bridge.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

East Carson St at least for me is where I spent most of my time. Depending how far of a commute you want to make hotel accommodations are a plenty in the local area. Me personally I stayed on the outskirts of the city and got a cheap hotel in Harmarville which connects really easy to 28S ( 15 min ride to stadium)

One of my favorite spots was Quaker Steak and lube

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: I Reply with quote

As far as parking, personally I usually park in the wood street or first ave(I think it is) garage and ride the T over to the stadium, it's free on game days.

As far as eating, if you don't mind waiting, Bettis' Grille 36 has great food.

I stayed at a hotel in Cranberry, I think it was Holiday Express, it's a few miles from the city but easy commute to the garage I stayed at. Pimante Bros of course has great food but from what I hear, not all of them are equal to the original (see above comments) so choose wisely. Best advice I have, get there early and mingle with the tailgaters and other fans waiting for entry, make the most out of your experience.

Pittsburgh is a great city with great people and game days more than any other time, IMO, truly reflect that

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: