Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carlos Hyde Future Starter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Carlos Hyde Future Starter Reply with quote

I really like Carlos as he reminds me of another 9er, Frank Gore. Do you all as fans see him as the future starter of the 49ers? I am looking for opinions from the fans, people are a little closer to things. Also what do you think of him after last nights game? Thanks

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-13 )
66.5% CMP - 2817 yards -20 TD's - 9 INT's - 92.1 Rat /RUSH 289 Yards 45 Atmts
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, I think we all expect him to take over the starting role by next season. Hyde does have some of the same qualities as Gore, but he's bigger and more explosive at the moment. If Lattimore could return to form, we should have one of the best 1-2 punches in the league for the next five years.

Last night's game just confirmed the hype he has been receiving all offseason. I was impressed with his pass blocking and he was very patient on a few runs. As long as he could stay healthy, he's going to be a good one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late last college season I wrote a post in the general forum saying that I thought Hyde was not only the best RB I'd seen all year, but the best in years. Nothing has changed my mind about that. Even if Hunter weren't hurt I was betting Hyde would have beaten him out for the backup spot pretty early on. By the end of the season I'm still thinking he'll be pressing Gore for playing time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't watch college, so I had only been hearing the praise without any proof. Last night changed that for me. Downhill runner with burst speed. Very impressed. Reminds me of a younger Frank Gore.

Does he have finishing speed? I mean, once he gets passed a safety, is he gone? Or is it likely that someone catches up with him and downs him on the 3rd yard line, we run jumbo three times in a row and take three points? lol Okay, that's not funny, but....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
I don't watch college, so I had only been hearing the praise without any proof. Last night changed that for me. Downhill runner with burst speed. Very impressed. Reminds me of a younger Frank Gore.

Does he have finishing speed? I mean, once he gets passed a safety, is he gone? Or is it likely that someone catches up with him and downs him on the 3rd yard line, we run jumbo three times in a row and take three points? lol Okay, that's not funny, but....

IMHO, no, he does not have finishing speed. But I'm pretty certain he's faster than Gore. But your comparison to Gore is apt in terms of his running style. He really picks his way through a hole very well for a big back - a lot like Gore in that respect. And in college at least he always seemed to get a yard or two, or more, after contact. That alone can be the difference between a RB that averages 3 yards per carry vs 4+.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people might call me crazy, but the back Hyde kinda reminded me of was... Adrian Peterson. Tall, big and fast, can bounce it to the outside, but mostly can finish it strong inside. He doesn't have the same gears and top end speed as Peterson, but somewhat of a similar style. Maybe that's just me, though.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterson attacks the hold harder and isn't as patient as Hyde. I still think Foster is a good comparison for him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyde looks great for you guys. I was one of the few who's been defending him since earlier last year in the draft forum. Never miss OSU games and he's been a joy to watch. Happy about the success he's had since. Great combination of balance, vision and physicality. Also has solid hands out of the backfield too.

Congrats.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

organ donor wrote:
Hyde looks great for you guys. I was one of the few who's been defending him since earlier last year in the draft forum. Never miss OSU games and he's been a joy to watch. Happy about the success he's had since. Great combination of balance, vision and physicality. Also has solid hands out of the backfield too.

Congrats.

Which RB do you compare him to?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
organ donor wrote:

Congrats.

Which RB do you compare him to?

A better version of Eddie Lacy. I said this a while ago on this forum. I've seen others say it too after he started getting more notority after his suspension at OSU. Deceptive speed, can get to the edge and is a force in pass pro.

He's an animal. He lined up a lot like a FB when Braxton Miller had his set run plays and did an excellent job lead blocking as well. He doesn't have any striking weaknesses and that was the thing that really caught my eye about him. One of my favorite backs coming out in a while.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better Eddie Lacy? Interesting, but I will gladly take a better version of Lacy Laughing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's definitely in that Eddie Lacy-mold. Violent running style, strong leg drive, and finishes runs well. If he keeps improving his pass protection and as a pass-catcher, he'll definitely push Gore for starter minutes.

Great news since it looks like Lattimore isn't where the team wants him to be at this point.
WorldChampsHawk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's good to hear about hyde. do yall know when Lattimore should be back because i didnt see him on thursday?
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WorldChampsHawk wrote:
that's good to hear about hyde. do yall know when Lattimore should be back because i didnt see him on thursday?

I fear his recovery is coming along slowly. I wish him all the best, and if he can ever get back to what he was we'll have an incredible duo. But that leg injury was one of the worst I've ever seen and he's still not back yet. So I'll hope for the best for him, but not get my hopes up too high.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
WorldChampsHawk wrote:

I fear his recovery is coming along slowly. I wish him all the best, and if he can ever get back to what he was we'll have an incredible duo. But that leg injury was one of the worst I've ever seen and he's still not back yet. So I'll hope for the best for him, but not get my hopes up too high.

I think I remember him saying something early last year that he could have played if they needed him to. I also think I remember reading that the injury he is working through right now has to do with his hamstring.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: