Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Taylor was hurt last year
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Taylor was hurt last year Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddFTz?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers

confirms what I thought about last year. Don't teams get in trouble with the league for not reporting injuries?

If Taylor can be close to what he was a few years ago, that will help no doubt. What do you guys think of not reporting injuries ? Does anyone here think taylor will be back to where his play was a few years ago? No idea what the injury was .
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, this is nothing more than an excuse.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
3rivers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:

That was also considered. I thought they could get in trouble with the league for not reporting , so it could be an excuse.

If he is starting and playing like he did last year, then we will find out how the depth is. I can't imagine them playing him all year if his play is like it was last year.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

That was also considered. I thought they could get in trouble with the league for not reporting , so it could be an excuse.

If he is starting and playing like he did last year, then we will find out how the depth is. I can't imagine them playing him all year if his play is like it was last year.

Completely agree. Don't get me wrong, maybe he was injured, but does that excuse his play? If he was injured he shouldn't have been on the field because his play was terrible. If he is making an excuse, well, that just makes it worse. Like you said, we will see how he plays this season, if he doesn't improve or 'get back to form', they need to yank him quickly.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
3rivers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
3rivers wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

Completely agree. Don't get me wrong, maybe he was injured, but does that excuse his play? If he was injured he shouldn't have been on the field because his play was terrible. If he is making an excuse, well, that just makes it worse. Like you said, we will see how he plays this season, if he doesn't improve or 'get back to form', they need to yank him quickly.

they must not have had confidence in the back ups last year if they played taylor when he was hurt. It was that bad, even untrained fans like me noticed, yet the coaches thought that was the way to go?

If he returns to form , then good. As for him being pissed about taking a paycut, well, he robbed the steelers last year badly, so call it even. Maybe he was afraid of losing his starting job last year, but he should know that vets get special treatment
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we could see Blake overtake his job at some point this season.

Also, if the Steelers did in fact violate the injury disclosure policy...well.. Tomlin isn't avoiding a suspension this time, imo.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Dcash4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
I think we could see Blake overtake his job at some point this season.

Also, if the Steelers did in fact violate the injury disclosure policy...well.. Tomlin isn't avoiding a suspension this time, imo.

Have you ever seen the movie the program?

Greatest and worst football movie of all time wrapped into one...but it has a scene that i think probably describes this.

There is a difference between hurt and injured.

You can play hurt, you cant play injured.

Ike may have just been banged up to the point of hindering his ability to play like he can, but not enough to keep him from playing. It may not have actually been a particular injury bogging him down, rather aches and pains keeping him from being 100%.

Not that i know that, but could be why you never heard of anything till now.

Or its an excuse for poor play. Who knows...
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're definitely not wrong Dcash, maybe it wasn't an injury, however if it was, I think we can expect Goodell to bring down the hammer.

But ultimately, you're right, I just don't think we have enough information here.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
BenderRodriguez

Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His pride was hurt

She's a Whooty-Edubb (I Got One) Dancing
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
304 Total Yards
168 yds Rushing 1 td
136 yards receiveing

Shocked
Rygar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenderRodriguez wrote:
His pride was hurt

I was about to say that his ego was bruised, and now his feelings are hurting after his pay cut.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Dcash.

Not sure I believe this....at least not that it was bad enough to excuse how poor he played last year.

Could just be a deal where he was slightly banged up and making it sound worse than it actually was. Like Ben stubbing his toe and claiming his foot was broken (not saying he did that, just that Ben had a habit of embellishing his "injuries" in the past).

Besides, Ike has had stretches of several years where he was utter garbage. Now he is older, declining and doesnt have an elite pass rush in front of him anymore.
3rivers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I agree with Dcash.

Not sure I believe this....at least not that it was bad enough to excuse how poor he played last year.

Could just be a deal where he was slightly banged up and making it sound worse than it actually was. Like Ben stubbing his toe and claiming his foot was broken (not saying he did that, just that Ben had a habit of embellishing his "injuries" in the past).

Besides, Ike has had stretches of several years where he was utter garbage. Now he is older, declining and doesnt have an elite pass rush in front of him anymore.

will he make the team as a result of the lebeau way of favoring vets? Then will he also start?
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

his pride was certainly hurt Shocked
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
I agree with Dcash.

will he make the team as a result of the lebeau way of favoring vets? Then will he also start?

Ike Taylor will make the team for the same exact reason he was resigned....we dont have enough talent at CB to replace him.

Pretty much answers the 2nd question as well. He will likely start unless they are sold on Gay remaining starter and Cortez Allen steps up.

But yes, there will also be favoritism for Ike...but thats pretty much every team with long term veterans.

However, if Ike plays the first four games of this year the way he played the first four games of last year, they damn well better bench him.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
I agree with Dcash.

Ike Taylor will make the team for the same exact reason he was resigned....we dont have enough talent at CB to replace him.

Pretty much answers the 2nd question as well. He will likely start unless they are sold on Gay remaining starter and Cortez Allen steps up.

But yes, there will also be favoritism for Ike...but thats pretty much every team with long term veterans.

However, if Ike plays the first four games of this year the way he played the first four games of last year, they damn well better bench him.

sad part is, if he plays like the first 4 games last year, it could also hurt the W-L record, but 0-4 would be pushing it. They need to let the young players have a chance, because I have a bad feeling taylor is finished and the passrush isn't there to help him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: