Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Preseason week 1 discussion thread - SF @ BAL
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Official Preseason week 1 discussion thread - SF @ BAL Reply with quote

PRESEASON GAME 1 for SF is SOOOOOooooo CLOSE!!!!

- San Francisco 49ers ----- @ ----- - Baltimore Ravens

----------- Thursday, 7:30 PM - EDT

----

Who's Playing, Who's Not vs. 49ers
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Whos-Playing-Whos-Not-vs-49ers/e881e71b-5d4e-4c31-8258-44d72b117cfa

VIEWER'S GUIDE TO 49ERS VS. RAVENS
http://sfo.scout.com/2/1430486.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which player are you most excited to watch???? Jimmie Ward, for me. What say you?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Ellington and Quinton Patton, along with Jimmie Ward for me

Deadpulse on the sig

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
How does it end? Hopefully it's a guy snake cause girls don't poop.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course there are a lot of guys I'm interested in seeing. Been waitin a year to see what Tank and Dial can do. So hoping they see quite a bit of action. Kind of intrreested in Okoye too, but not expecting too much.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynch/Tank/Looney/Ward/Patton/Ellington/McDonald/Lemonier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's Lemoniere/Lynch/Borland/Skov I really hope to see something from these guys. The CB's I want to watch them all. See what the coaches have been getting out of these boys.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynch, Hyde, Gabbert, D. Johnson, QP, Skov, Ellington. I'm excited to just watch some 49er football, but this preseason is especially exciting IMO. There is tons of competition, not only to make the roster, but also for some key starting/contributing roles. One more day!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, Aaron Lynch too. He was my favorite pick of ours

Deadpulse on the sig

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
How does it end? Hopefully it's a guy snake cause girls don't poop.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlos Hyde! I'm shocked he hasn't gotten more love in this thread. Give me some Carlos!

All the other young guys who haven't really played will be interesting, too. I'm going to be looking for Dial at NT to see how he does.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ yeah, Tank would likely be my #2 target of most intrigue.

Depth chart: Plenty of debuts coming in today’s exhibition opener at Baltimore

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2014/08/07/depth-chart-plenty-of-debuts-coming-in-todays-exhibition-opener-at-baltimore/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

49ers have first dress rehearsal with streamlined offense

Quote:
“I think everyone just being on the same page,” Kaepernick said. “We’ve simplified some things. Made it easier for us to get in and out of plays. And I think that’s helped us a lot so far.” Over the past three seasons, the 49ers have experienced problems getting to the line of scrimmage and getting a play snapped on time. Many of the problems stem from the checklist the quarterback must go through. Kaepernick is entrusted with making the decision of which of the two or more plays he receives from the sideline to use after reading the defense. “It was time to clean out the garage,” Roman said. “Really (we) just tried to streamline things.” Roman said the goal is to simplify the complexities that have been the root of the 49ers’ issues with the play clock. He said the main changes have been tightening up the vocabulary of the playbook.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-have-first-dress-rehearsal-streamlined-offense

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually ready to see Frank Gore. idk how many snaps he'll get but still can't wait for Mr. 31 year old show these young bucks how it is done.
Ataal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one of those few guys who actually enjoys the low tier guys fighting for a roster spot. I still like watching the guys we know are getting a spot on the 53, but I actually enjoy the 3rd and 4th quarters. Yeah, I know it's only "against 3rd stringers," but it's entertaining.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
I'm one of those few guys who actually enjoys the low tier guys fighting for a roster spot. I still like watching the guys we know are getting a spot on the 53, but I actually enjoy the 3rd and 4th quarters. Yeah, I know it's only "against 3rd stringers," but it's entertaining.

Oh man, definitely! In preseason, I probably prefer to see the young kids fighting for a job.. though top picks like Ward and others are a focal point also.

Guess we should be pretty pumped to see how vet additions like Bethea look in our scheme too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Oh man, definitely! In preseason, I probably prefer to see the young kids fighting for a job.. though top picks like Ward and others are a focal point also.

Guess we should be pretty pumped to see how vet additions like Bethea look in our scheme too.

The third preseason game, where the starters play the most, is arguably the most boring game of the year. Yes, the starters play, but with a bland offense/defense, and there's not so much to see. The first and second games are where the real action happens, the battles and all. The fourth game is often a little too late.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely excited to see Hyde as well. I just presume already he's going to great Wink.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:

I'm with you, really. I love the preseason. Sure, I'm excited for games to start meaning things and seeing the team that will be out there to perform, but watching success stories like Jerrod-Eddie, Morris, Ian Williams, Dobbs, McDermott, etc. develop from training-camp fodder to important roleplayers is incredibly exciting. This year - Purcell, Kevin Greene, James McCray, and the new back Glen Winston (hope he gets some snaps in the other games - doubtful for tonight) are guys I have my eyes on to see how they do. Veterans who do well in the 3rd/4th quarter (see Lavelle Hawkins last year) on the other hand don't excite me. If it's a young guy making a name for himself - perfect. Let's do it.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: