Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Game #1 Colts (0-0) @ Jets (0-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see a 3-4 defensive line that is better at rushing the passer than ours.

We have a 10+ sack guy in Wilkerson and a guy that has the potential to reach that soon in Richardson.
mikejets22

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I don't see a 3-4 defensive line that is better at rushing the passer than ours.

We have a 10+ sack guy in Wilkerson and a guy that has the potential to reach that soon in Richardson.

We were middle of the pack in sacks (tied in 13th. 14th, 15th) and 24th in sack rate.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl

And according to PFF, our pressures are below average for a 3-4 dline, pretty much dispelling your praise for our 3-4 dline, Green.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/27/pass-rushing-productivity-team-defenses/

And while I'm not a big stats guy, you can just watch the games to see we don't get very much pressure consistently. That is concerning with the QBs we face this year.

I'll just say it one more time. Our 3-4 dline = amazing at stopping the run. If we had quality pass rushing OLBs it would probably be a nightmare. Coples and Pace are not that. I don't want to hear Pace 10 sacks, he wasn't instilling fear in any QB or OC. Hopefully QC can turn the corner this year (literally, figuratively, whatever.

As it stands now, we do not get consistent pressure, and with the QBs we face this year and the questions we have in the secondary, that is concerning.

I don't know why people are so defensive about our dline, this is a simple observation which is hard to dispute. We haven't gotten consistent pressure on QBs in years.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya our pass rush from Wilk and Rich isn't our problem. Our pass rush will depend on Coples, Pace and Babin more than anyone. Coples is the "x" factor bc the talent is there. Hard to imagine Pace having a sack total like he did last season, but the addition of Babin should more than makeup for it. The pass rush is key bc our secondary isn't top notch, so they can't guard receivers forever with no pass rush. Provide pass rush and they can cut and jump routes.
green24

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the pass rush productivity from our OLBs has been pretty poor. I do think we should be better in that regard, especially if Coples breaks out.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our front would be STACKED had we never traded Abraham. Mangold wasn't worth it at all.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
Our front would be STACKED had we never traded Abraham. Mangold wasn't worth it at all.
LOL WHAT?

Props to JMG on the sig
Mr.O

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:
LOL WHAT?

Props to CalhounLambeau on the Sig/Avy
kilahchris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
The biggest problem is not Patterson it is the jets O. Once again they only get 91 yards in the first half. I know it is way early but man we really need to step up here. I've said it once on here already Rex and Geno are not going to get it done with the O. The jets have no choice but to hand the ball off to Chris Johnson and hope for the best. If a team scores more than 14 on the D I can't see the jets winning. I'm so tried of the lack of O. We have seen this for 4 years.

The problem is the jets never make moves to get the marquee skilled position players. Wide receivers failing to get open has been a problem that has plagued the Jets for 3 years now.

This year the Jets had extra 3 round picks, it boggles my mind they do not even try to trade up and draft a guy like Sammy Watkins or evans.

Buffalo Bills have put together strong weapons for their quaterback to succeed Stevie Johnson, Sammy Watkins.

It just seems to me the Jets just do not care about drafting talented wide receivers in round 1
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
This year the Jets had extra 3 round picks, it boggles my mind they do not even try to trade up and draft a guy like Sammy Watkins or evans.

Buffalo Bills have put together strong weapons for their quaterback to succeed Stevie Johnson, Sammy Watkins.
While I agree with your point somewhat, Johnson was a seventh-round pick and they also traded him to San Francisco.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya but the traded for Mike Williams too. I agree that if you want certain players to succeed you have to surround them with talent. Bills put talent around EJ. He has spiller, Jackson, woods, Willisms and Watkins. Those weapons are almost all better than what we have. But we did add talent on the offensive side, I just don't think the FO realizes how 1 great WR can change your QB.
mikejets22

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
jetfuel wrote:
The biggest problem is not Patterson it is the jets O. Once again they only get 91 yards in the first half. I know it is way early but man we really need to step up here. I've said it once on here already Rex and Geno are not going to get it done with the O. The jets have no choice but to hand the ball off to Chris Johnson and hope for the best. If a team scores more than 14 on the D I can't see the jets winning. I'm so tried of the lack of O. We have seen this for 4 years.

The problem is the jets never make moves to get the marquee skilled position players. Wide receivers failing to get open has been a problem that has plagued the Jets for 3 years now.

It just seems to me the Jets just do not care about drafting talented wide receivers in round 1

YES! That's it! Let's mold our team after the team with the longest playoff drought in the NFL!

End Sarcasm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Ya but the traded for Mike Williams too. I agree that if you want certain players to succeed you have to surround them with talent. Bills put talent around EJ. He has spiller, Jackson, woods, Willisms and Watkins. Those weapons are almost all better than what we have. But we did add talent on the offensive side, I just don't think the FO realizes how 1 great WR can change your QB.
You're definitely right about that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have a better TEAM than buffalo, but they have a better offense. Watch and see how much better the WR group of Watkins, Woods and Williams make EJ Manuel look. Geno is better than EJ IMO, but sadly people will think he isn't bc EJ will look better than him. Watkins will make EJ look like Matt Ryan has for the Falcons, not a great QB but when you're throwing to Julio Jones and Roddy White, it makes your job easier. Same goes for Andy Dalton with AJ Green. IMO boy those 2 QBs are not elite but they look great bc of their receivers or in the case of Cincy receiver. Watkins will be this for EJ. If we somehow could get that for agent it would make him a franchise QB to pair with Decker.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As great as Watkins may be, the trade Buffalo made for him was ridiculous. The price it would cost for us to move up from 18 to 4 would have been ludicrous.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have a watkins or a green but we have a solid receiving core for Geno. Decker is probably the most consistent WR on either Jets/Bills so that has to count for something. We just don't have that high upside guy like Watkins.

Decker, Kerley, Nelson, Amaro is a solid group to build around. If Enunwa can step up and take Nelson's spot we'll have more than enough talent for Geno to succeed. With some explosive guys like Saunders/Ford we have weapons. The edge goes to BUF but Geno has more than enough to be successful this year (barring multiple injuries).

I think Amaro is going to explode these next two weeks and lock up the TE spot.

Props to Mack on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: