Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Game #1 Colts (0-0) @ Jets (0-0)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Preseason Game #1 Colts (0-0) @ Jets (0-0) Reply with quote

Lets get some discussion going. With nothing going on in TC today lets get some thoughts on the game.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/08/05/4273265/nfl-preseason-preview-indianapolis.html

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268748/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=M2xfXNKv

Things I'm focusing on
1. Geno - Offenses usually struggle so if he does not a huge deal. Still would be nice to see him get a few first downs at least.

2. The backup DL (Hyder, Douz, Ellis, Barnes) - Very intrigued on this group.

3. The WR's - With 1 or two spots open who will impress the most. Saunders, Ford, Salas, Hakim, Eneuwa all looking to make an impression. Who will it be?

4. The safeties (no Pryor for this one but Miles, Bush and Jarrett are all fighting for a spot),

5. CB's - With as many as 10 guys fighting for 6 spots it's arguably our most competitive spot. As a CB fan this is where my focus will be.

Prediction

Jets - 23, Colts - 17

Offensive POTG - Jalen Saunders
Defensive POTG - Kerry Hyder

Arrow Key to the game, no injuries or either team. Good luck this year INDY, hope to see you in the playoffs.

Football is back!!!

Props to Mack on the sig
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to see Geno show us why he is the front runner to start. If he has a bad game, that might lead to Vick getting more reps with the 1s.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart smiled when I seen this thread.

CB's - Checking them all out, but see who can take the #2 spot.

Safeties - My favorite position. See my boy Rontez and if Bush can show me anything.

ILBs - George, because I hated the pick during the draft.

OLBs - Everyone.

DL - I said Barnes was going to make the team when we picked him up.

OL - Winters & Aboushi. Winters better improve.

TE - See if Amaro can shake off the ugly camp he had.

RB - Battle for the 4th spot.

WR - Stephen Hill, I've been defending him for a while.

QB - See how much Geno has improved and if Simms earn the 3rd spot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Just want to see Geno show us why he is the front runner to start. If he has a bad game, that might lead to Vick getting more reps with the 1s.

I agree.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think about it, Milliner is my focus. I do not want to see our DB's get completely owned by WR's this season.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
My heart smiled when I seen this thread.

Tell me about it. I just kept clicking refresh hoping someone would make it. I couldn't wait any longer.

Amaro should see a lot of time. Hopefully he's got a better grp on the playbook. I think that is holding him back.

Hyder isn't going to give up that spot to Barnes without a fight.

I would love to see a Winters/Aboushi guard combo to start the season. Colon would make for a great super sub. Nice having some young OG's that we can build our ground game around.

Miles is a guy I want to see make it this year. I keep thinking he might take Bush's spot but every time you hear Rex he's saying Bush looks good.

Props to Mack on the sig
jetfuel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Geno will struggle and it will lead to the same problem last year. Who do the jets start week 1. I'm just not buying any of the BS that Vick said about Geno (he has improved 10x from last year). When the O is still struggling there is some serious things need to happen. I've been a jet fan a long time (30 plus years) and the QB play has always been the problem. If Geno does not improve and the O struggles this year we will see some HUGE changes. They will start will Rex being fired along with his coaching staff and a new coach will pick there QB. In the long run I think this is best because Rex is a great D coach but struggles as a head coach and will not learn from his mistakes. I love Rex but he is not head coach material.
mikejets22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
I think Geno will struggle and it will lead to the same problem last year. Who do the jets start week 1. I'm just not buying any of the BS that Vick said about Geno (he has improved 10x from last year). When the O is still struggling there is some serious things need to happen. I've been a jet fan a long time (30 plus years) and the QB play has always been the problem. If Geno does not improve and the O struggles this year we will see some HUGE changes. They will start will Rex being fired along with his coaching staff and a new coach will pick there QB. In the long run I think this is best because Rex is a great D coach but struggles as a head coach and will not learn from his mistakes. I love Rex but he is not head coach material.

Man, this really killed the vibe.

Respect your opinion, but holy negativity before the 1st snap of our preseason!

I guess 30+ years of Jet fandom will do that to a man, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:

I agree with some of this. Not the Rex stuff though. Rex is a very good head coach. He struggle early on but has really improved the past few years. He had to learn on the job as this was his first HC job. I hope Rex stays around for along time.

As for Geno, yeah he's going to struggle some. It's only his second year and the first preseason game. Look at the HOF game it was brutal early on both QB's one experienced one in the same spot as Geno both struggled.

I'm not expecting a top 5 QB to show up this season. I do think a positive TD to INT ratio is a good start (20-21 TD's to 14-15 INT's). I think if he can stay on the positive side of the TD:INT ratio and complete near 60% of his passes we'd all take that. Seeing the growth is the most important thing. If we see that then in years 3-5 we may actually have a franchise guy emerge. Going from that college offense to Marty's system must have been like an 8th grader taking calculus. Comfort and some playmakers this year gives me some hope for Geno.

Man I've been a Jets fan for 20+ years myself. I know the feeling.

Props to Mack on the sig
Mr.O

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:

Debbie Downer.... All seriousness though Rex is the Best Defensive HC in Football and has gotten better over the past couple years as an overall. I disagree with the Geno Struggling idea, honestly im more concerned with our CB situation than i am Geno.

Props to CalhounLambeau on the Sig/Avy
Abe56

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I care about is no injuries. Don't put much stock into the game, but would like to see Geno shine.

39 Tackles, 4.5 Sacks, 14 QB Hits, 7 Stuffs, 3 PD

Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:

hate this mentality to be honest

he'll be out there for 2 maybe 3 series at best, we'll likely run the ball half the time and he wont be able to get into a rhythm like he would in a normal game

I can see him being 5/8 for 43 yards, 1 rush 8 yards and thats probably it
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see the OLine look dominant. Really see these young guards show us what they got. I also wanna see how the rookies play. Mostly Pryor, Amaro, McDougle and Saunders obviously. And most importantly I wanna see no injuries. But to be honest I see Daryl Richardson being the game MVP. He's not a 3rd string RB in this league, so when he goes up against the 2s and 3s I think he will shine. He's gonna make it hard to not carry 4 RBs.
moham-17

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is McDougle going to suit up tonight or is he still hurt?
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
Is McDougle going to suit up tonight or is he still hurt?

I think hes playing

Props to El Ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: