Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Cowboys v. Chargers - LET'S GET IT STARTED IN HERE!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: GDT: Cowboys v. Chargers - LET'S GET IT STARTED IN HERE! Reply with quote

FOOTBALL IS BACK! Glory be.

Cowboys vs Chargers.

What are you looking for?

I want to see how some of those rookie late round guys do on the DL. I want to see how our RBs do with our OL.

GET EXCITED.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Last edited by Texas_OutLaw7 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im so apathetic and un-energized towards the Cowboys right now. I have a terrible feeling we are going to suck and i need to prepare myself for the let down. Its so bad, i had to just check what time we play today when seeing this thread.

For anyone else having Dallas sized depression about the season, the game is actually at 9 tomorrow.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Im so apathetic and un-energized towards the Cowboys right now. I have a terrible feeling we are going to suck and i need to prepare myself for the let down. Its so bad, i had to just check what time we play today when seeing this thread.

For anyone else having Dallas sized depression about the season, the game is actually at 9 tomorrow.

I think you may be jumping the gun a bit here. Just a few things I have heard living in South Philly about the upcoming season for some NFC Teams:

1. Chris Collinsworth predicts the Iggles are the NFC representative for the superbowl this year.

2. The Chicago Bears went 8-8, fielded a lousy defense last year, suffereed injuries and just missed the playoffs. HOWEVER, this year they seemed poised to challenge Arron Rodgers and the Packers for the NFC North title.

3. The Dallas Cowboys better prepare for a huge letdown of season. They lost D. Ware and Hatcher and now Lee and have NO defense to field. They will most likely finish 3rd or even 4th in the division.

Ok, let's start with Collinsworth's ...AH-HEM..."prediciton."

Last year, after the Dal @ Phi game, which was like sometime in October, EVRYONE and I mean EVERYONE in Philadelphia, including the so called expert analysits were all saying, and I quote: "It's clear this team dosen't have the QB of the future in the roster. This team is at least 2 years away." - Anthony Gargano, Sports radio 93.3.

Then, by a set of miracles, the Iggles playing Detroit in a snow storm, the Iggles playing the Packers without Rodgers, the Iggles playing the Cowboys for the division without Romo,Lee and a host of other key players missing, barely win that game and the division. It took 1 bad pass thrown behind Miles Austin to win that game. If that pass is connected, they propbably go up field, kick the game winning FG and things look a little different.

So here is this Iggles team that got every break imaginable to squeak out the NFC East crown only to go home and host a playoff game and lose. Then they give away their most productive offense player to a division rival no less.

I fail to see the level of dominance here by this team. Tell you what, get back to that in a minute.

Point number 2, the Chicago Bears. Go back and read what I wrote. Does this scenario sound like ANYTHIN remotely familiar????

Hmmm let's see, they were depleatd by injuries, had no defense, starting QB went down, just missed the playoffs.

BUT, everyone is picking the Bears to have a monster bounce back season. What in the hell did they do that was so impressive in the offseason? Jared Allen??? Wow! That fixes everything huh?

So, here we are with the Cowboys. The lowley, hapless team that also suffered injuries to a multitude of players, lost their starting QB, and just barely missed the playoffs.

But yet, they are picked to bottom out this year and the Iggles, a team that gave away their top porducing offensive weapon to a division rival and caught every break imaginable last year is going to the superbowl???!!! At least by one analyists predictions.

Yeah, I think there is a lot of utterly deceptive twaddle speak going around. I'm not saying Dallas is going to win the division or go to any championships, but to say they are going to bottom out while at the same time saying these other teams are going to move on to the post season and possible go deep into it, I think is wayyyyyyy premature.

I can appreciate your feelings on this upcoming season, but I am going into this year with let's just watch and see what happens. You, and I might be pleasantly surprised.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta admit; Losing Ware really put a damper on my spirits. Logically I know he was shell of himself the last two years and plagued with injuries. But emotionally, it really sucks losing a guy you cheer that hard for.

Then Lee went down.

Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

Oh well, seeing Manning go full Eli will cheer the spirits right back up.
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player of the game = Terrance Mitchell. Calling it right now. Two interceptions, one returned for a touchdown.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
htfryar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoFlyZone wrote:
Player of the game = Terrance Mitchell. Calling it right now. Two interceptions, one returned for a touchdown.

And at least 1 pass interference call.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is easily the least excited about the start of a cowboys season since Dave Campo was HC. I think the offense will be competitive and maybe even fun to watch. But, really, on defense we are relegated to hoping for big seasons from UDFAs, former burn outs, players coming off major injury, and a bunch of players who have been disappointing in their nfl careers to date. Add to that Romo is 34 and has battled serious injuries... If Romo goes down or doesn't rebound, the season is over.

Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will laugh so hard if this turns out to be the year we make a serious playoff run...

^^^Deadpulse
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:

And at least 1 pass interference call.

I'll give him a solid 3 or so.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Yeah, this is easily the least excited about the start of a cowboys season since Dave Campo was HC. I think the offense will be competitive and maybe even fun to watch. But, really, on defense we are relegated to hoping for big seasons from UDFAs, former burn outs, players coming off major injury, and a bunch of players who have been disappointing in their nfl careers to date. Add to that Romo is 34 and has battled serious injuries... If Romo goes down or doesn't rebound, the season is over.

Agreed with bold. I have those same feels.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will laugh so hard if this turns out to be the year we make a serious playoff run...

I will cry tears of happiness. I love most of the roster moves and the culture change under Garrett, but it feels like we are a solid ~4 players on defense away from being able to really compete.
Northland

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolutely no expectations this year. The offense, if we stay healthy has a chance to be very good. The defense, however, is going to redefine bad. I can see a 4 or 5 win year. If that does indeed happen the question I ponder is will Garrett survive?
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much have the same feelings as Matts, my hopes are lower then ever before because of that D. But, this is the NFL. Everyone can beat everyone, and a team with a decent amount of talent, always has a real shot because the best teams isn't that much better then everyone else.
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing That's my feeling too.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether we suck or not, I'm just happy football is back.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Whether we suck or not, I'm just happy football is back.

My thoughts exactly.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: