Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hear me out!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stroh7944

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Hear me out!!! Reply with quote

Ok just to make it clear I love me some Johnny football and hope he is the next Russell Wilson! If he stays healthy and plays lights out then all is well, plus Hoyer showed flashes last year but who knows. Now I want you guys to consider this, we have not had a franchise QB since we came back in the league... That being said if were in a position say if Bryce Petty drops to the 2nd round why not grab him becAuse personally this kid is gonna be special. So If manziel plays well and we could pick up Bryce in the 2nd I would take 2 possible franchise QB"S than Hoyer blowing out his knee then all the pressure is on JF. Because 2 possible franchise Quarterbacks is better then having none... Thoughts?
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Hear me out!!! Reply with quote

Stroh7944 wrote:
Ok just to make it clear I love me some Johnny football and hope he is the next Russell Wilson! If he stays healthy and plays lights out then all is well, plus Hoyer showed flashes last year but who knows. Now I want you guys to consider this, we have not had a franchise QB since we came back in the league... That being said if were in a position say if Bryce Petty drops to the 2nd round why not grab him becAuse personally this kid is gonna be special. So If manziel plays well and we could pick up Bryce in the 2nd I would take 2 possible franchise QB"S than Hoyer blowing out his knee then all the pressure is on JF. Because 2 possible franchise Quarterbacks is better then having none... Thoughts?

I became critical of this post when you only set your hopes at Manziel being the next Russell Wilson.
Personally, I'm putting any talk of drafting a QB next year on the backburner until I see how some regular season games go, but if you're worried about Hoyer being injured and "all the pressure" on Manziel, then I'm not sure you watched a lot of Johnny in college, because that kid eats pressure with a nice dollup of Franks Red Hot for breakfast.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard you out, now hear me out.

Your idea is bad.

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Hear me out!!! Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
Stroh7944 wrote:

I became critical of this post when you only set your hopes at Manziel being the next Russell Wilson.
Personally, I'm putting any talk of drafting a QB next year on the backburner until I see how some regular season games go, but if you're worried about Hoyer being injured and "all the pressure" on Manziel, then I'm not sure you watched a lot of Johnny in college, because that kid eats pressure with a nice dollup of Franks Red Hot for breakfast.

DING DING DING.... Sir I'm sure there is a chicken dinner with your name on it.

That is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
duke2056

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was any thought of drafting a QB high next year, I can't see our FO drafting Maziel.

He would have to play so incredibly bad for us to be taking a QB high next year, otherwise the actual drafting of Manziel should get everyone fired.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
bosko1616

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Hear me out!!! Reply with quote

Stroh7944 wrote:

... No

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hear me out!!! Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
Stroh7944 wrote:

... No

I agree. No. I don't see him being special at all. I think he is a great player for that Baylor offense.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only way the front office would draft a QB early in next year's draft is if both Manziel and Hoyer looked incredibly bad.

Unless you have a young franchise QB, I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea to draft a QB every year or two until you find a franchise QB, but not within the first 2-3 rounds every year. The Browns just spent a first-round pick on Manziel, so they shouldn't draft one in the first 2-3 rounds of next year's draft, but it might not be a bad idea to draft one in the fifth round or later with the hope that whoever that QB is turns out to be a "diamond in the rough" type of prospect.

If the Browns were to draft a QB in the first round next year, I think it would probably be Marcus Mariota, because I've heard that Farmer really likes him. But it doesn't matter anyway, 'cause I really doubt the Browns will draft a QB early in next year's draft. Hopefully Hoyer or Manziel plays really well and the thought of drafting a QB is never put into consideration.
BenderRodriguez

Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Hear me out!!! Reply with quote

Stroh7944 wrote:

Why would any team do that?

She's a Whooty-Edubb (I Got One) Dancing
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
304 Total Yards
168 yds Rushing 1 td
136 yards receiveing

Shocked
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Your sig is actually pretty hilarious.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
BenderRodriguez

Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

She's a Whooty-Edubb (I Got One) Dancing
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
304 Total Yards
168 yds Rushing 1 td
136 yards receiveing

Shocked
Stroh7944

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why everyone is hating on this idea, look at our last first round QB picks and how did they work out? Everyone was on the Brady Quinn bandwagon. I was at a few games when DA was starting and when he'd make a bad play the crowd would start chanting for Brady! Now I'm not saying it has to be Bryce Petty but my god isn't it time for us to find a true franchise QB?
Stroh7944

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why everyone is hating on this idea, look at our last first round QB picks and how did they work out? Everyone was on the Brady Quinn bandwagon. I was at a few games when DA was starting and when he'd make a bad play the crowd would start chanting for Brady! Now I'm not saying it has to be Bryce Petty but my god isn't it time for us to find a true franchise QB?
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stroh7944 wrote:

Why the hell are you so sure that Manziel isn't a franchise QB?

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Stroh7944

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want JF to dominate! And I am a huge fan of him, all I was trying to say was getting some insurance. That way if JF is the truth which I hope he is then we would have possibly some trade bait or and remember I don't want this to happen but worst case we have another viable option at QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: