Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Boone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
I would trade a 3rd and give Boone a 5 year 30 mm contract max.

What Boone has proven is that you can develop the later round OL into proven starters. No one is giving omenah or Edwards a chance who both are young and showed solid play in there. Clearly a vet like oneil cousins isn't fit for this team.

I would like to see Edwards and omenah develop bc I hear positive things from 1 Buc and even Daniel Jeremiah likes them as starters. So we shouldn't rush the gun after one preseason game on the youngsters. Meredith has shown he's a solid starter as well yet people here want to toss them aside after not playing a game in 8-9 months.

I actually really like Omameh and hope he gets the other starting spot when this all shakes out. We did steal him from the Niners PS too lol.

3rd rounder is highest I'm going, and a 5 year 32 million dollar contract, first two years fully gtd at 8 million this season and next.

Yep. And it's like it seems everyone is desperate to fill a void at guard. I knew oneil cousins was terrible. I laughed when he was a starter atop the depth chart lol. Some are happy giving away a 2nd. No one knows what next year holds. What if we finish worst in the league? What would giving up a 2nd for Alex Boone have done?

I don't see us contending this year at a high possibility we go 8-8. I have a hard time seeing McCown playing at an elite level #1. And I honestly don't think glennon is the answer either. New offense new team. I like Alex Boone and all but I'm not surrendering a high pick when were not a contender this year. High roster turnover and youth. If we had a proven roster , qb and set to contend, then it's a different story. But we're not even giving Kadeem Edwards and omenah a chance, two guys that show starter ability. Let then develop.

I'd rather use a 2nd rounder on a proven guy like Boone then draft one and take the chance of him being a bust because we're going to have to draft one next year anyway, 2nd rounder at least..
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

What Boone has proven is that you can develop the later round OL into proven starters. No one is giving omenah or Edwards a chance who both are young and showed solid play in there. Clearly a vet like oneil cousins isn't fit for this team.

I would like to see Edwards and omenah develop bc I hear positive things from 1 Buc and even Daniel Jeremiah likes them as starters. So we shouldn't rush the gun after one preseason game on the youngsters. Meredith has shown he's a solid starter as well yet people here want to toss them aside after not playing a game in 8-9 months.

I actually really like Omameh and hope he gets the other starting spot when this all shakes out. We did steal him from the Niners PS too lol.

3rd rounder is highest I'm going, and a 5 year 32 million dollar contract, first two years fully gtd at 8 million this season and next.

Yep. And it's like it seems everyone is desperate to fill a void at guard. I knew oneil cousins was terrible. I laughed when he was a starter atop the depth chart lol. Some are happy giving away a 2nd. No one knows what next year holds. What if we finish worst in the league? What would giving up a 2nd for Alex Boone have done?

I don't see us contending this year at a high possibility we go 8-8. I have a hard time seeing McCown playing at an elite level #1. And I honestly don't think glennon is the answer either. New offense new team. I like Alex Boone and all but I'm not surrendering a high pick when were not a contender this year. High roster turnover and youth. If we had a proven roster , qb and set to contend, then it's a different story. But we're not even giving Kadeem Edwards and omenah a chance, two guys that show starter ability. Let then develop.

I'd rather use a 2nd rounder on a proven guy like Boone then draft one and take the chance of him being a bust because we're going to have to draft one next year anyway, 2nd rounder at least..

And how do we know Alex Boone isn't just a beneficiary of the best OL in the league? It works both ways kinda taking him out of one system which is a power run/blocking scheme and trying to fit him in a zbs. ?
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

And how do we know Alex Boone isn't just a beneficiary of the best OL in the league? It works both ways kinda taking him out of one system which is a power run/blocking scheme and trying to fit him in a zbs. ?

I don't know that same as you don't know that, same as with any rookie we draft
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still quite a surprise to me seeing Boone as a good guard. The guy is freakin 6'8. Its impressive that he is able to get good leverage on run blocking plays playing on the inside. Also, I'm on board with trading him but nothing more than a third round pick.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this plays out for another week.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caddy,

Basically what your saying is to trade picks for proven players bc draft picks could be busts? It's not relevant thinking IMO unless you're in position to win now.

Listen I think Boone is a good player. If it's for the right price im game. I wouldn't mortgage a 2nd round pick for him bc with him, I don't see a playoff birth. I still think we'd be in a difficult situation bc of the qb question.

I'm more willing to evaluate the two young guys in omenah and Edwards bc there is a lot to like in upside. I agree with lovie's statement. Everyone is panicking after one preseason game. It's a new team. High turnover and no one has played a down since late December (most of them).
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Caddy,

Basically what your saying is to trade picks for proven players bc draft picks could be busts? It's not relevant thinking IMO unless you're in position to win now.

Listen I think Boone is a good player. If it's for the right price im game. I wouldn't mortgage a 2nd round pick for him bc with him, I don't see a playoff birth. I still think we'd be in a difficult situation bc of the qb question.

I'm more willing to evaluate the two young guys in omenah and Edwards bc there is a lot to like in upside. I agree with lovie's statement. Everyone is panicking after one preseason game. It's a new team. High turnover and no one has played a down since late December (most of them).

No that's not what I'm saying... and just because we're now in a win now mode doesn't mean we shouldn't protect the quarterback from running around like a chicken with it's head cut off all game.... Alex Boone is only 27 he could stick with us just as long as a rookie would
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Caddy,

No that's not what I'm saying... and just because we're now in a win now mode doesn't mean we shouldn't protect the quarterback from running around like a chicken with it's head cut off all game.... Alex Boone is only 27 he could stick with us just as long as a rookie would

You're right he could. But Kadeem Edwards has starter ability. Omenah does as well with his potential. I wouldn't want to give up on them just yet. They showed some positive things in the opener. They protected mike glennon better than the first unit.

I just would beware how much you give for Boone. A 3rd and 6 mm per is the ball park range IMO.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Caddy,

You're right he could. But Kadeem Edwards has starter ability. Omenah does as well with his potential. I wouldn't want to give up on them just yet. They showed some positive things in the opener. They protected mike glennon better than the first unit.

I just would beware how much you give for Boone. A 3rd and 6 mm per is the ball park range IMO.

Even if they turn out to be solid starters we would have nothing behind them should they get hurt... we need depth there if nothing else
scottonatable

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the 49ers are asking too much and we are playing the waiting game for the asking price to go down... I'd be fine with giving up a 3rd or a 4th with another pick
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/8/11/5991483/buccaneers-are-interested-in-alex-boone

Please God, Help our OL,

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 13 Catches 134 Yards 2 TDs
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5247/alex-boone

Quote:
NFL Networks' Ian Rapoport reports the Bucs are interesting in trading for 49ers holdout RG Alex Boone.

They should at least get something for him. Mike-Iupati is probably walking away from them as well.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if Cousins gets blown up against Miami and has McCown on his back every play, then there is now way we do not trade for Boone the next morning

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
NFL Networks' Ian Rapoport reports the Bucs are interesting in trading for 49ers holdout RG Alex Boone.

They should at least get something for him. Mike-Iupati is probably walking away from them as well.

I'm not gonna come in here and act like I know anything about Boone cuz I don't, but it sounds like he could definitely help our guard situation. Two things...

1. How good is this guy really?
2. Not having done anything with football this offseason really worries me about a potential injury.

I'd be happy to give a 3rd for the guy.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

I'm not gonna come in here and act like I know anything about Boone cuz I don't, but it sounds like he could definitely help our guard situation. Two things...

1. How good is this guy really?
2. Not having done anything with football this offseason really worries me about a potential injury.

I'd be happy to give a 3rd for the guy.

was one of the top guards in 2012.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/06/10/secret-superstar-alex-boone/

A third round to me is fair and good for both sides. Any higher it is really pushing it as we are realistically are between a 6-9 win team meaning a top 18 pick or a top 38 pick in second round

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: