Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Boone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boone is good but 7 mm for a good guard on a great OL? He's not a pro bowler not all pro. We don't want to overpay for him with something he's not. We're not a win now team. We not develop our own. A lot are overreacting to one performance. I don't see Philadelphia overreatcting to nick foles 2 ints in 1 qtr.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Boone is good but 7 mm for a good guard on a great OL? He's not a pro bowler not all pro. We don't want to overpay for him with something he's not. We're not a win now team. We not develop our own. A lot are overreacting to one performance. I don't see Philadelphia overreatcting to nick foles 2 ints in 1 qtr.

Unless the contract is INSANE, like $10+ million every year, we wouldn't be overpaying. $7-8 million isn't overpaying.

I'll argue this until it fully comes to fruition, but veterans are going to be getting more than they ever have. It's already started. And it will continue.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Boone was most certainly an elite G in 2012 even if he didn't make the Pro Bowl. He was clearly better than Iupati, but one made it over the other on name basis alone. Last year the entire OL took a step back, but Boone was still solid. He's a versatile OL that could play T just as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd offer our 2nd round pick and wouldn't even blink.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, not sure if it is relevant or not, but I would pay 7 million per year for Boone, compared to 10 million per year for Iupati. This is why I hope we keep Boone since it is unlikely we re-sign Iupati.

Last edited by J-ALL-DAY on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY what do you think it takes to pry Boone away from you guys?

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

If we are going to let him go, I think the team will try to get a 2nd rounder for him, but would settle for a 3rd rounder.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

If we are going to let him go, I think the team will try to get a 2nd rounder for him, but would settle for a 3rd rounder.

What would that do to ya'll's offensive line?
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

What would that do to ya'll's offensive line?

Might hurt them this year but don't forget they got one of my favorite guard prospects in the draft Brandon Thomas out of Clemson. He's basically redshirted this year though with the injury from workouts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id give a third and Rainey. They lost Kendall Hunter and Rainey would fit that role.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Boone is traded, Looney would take his spot. He is unproven and didn't have the best of games on Thursday. But next year when Iupati in all likelihood leaves, we will really be tested. Brandon Thomas will certainly takeover for one of the G spots, but that would leave us with little depth. When Joe Staley left the game last year against the Rams, Boone pretty much shut down Robert Quinn which was very impressive. I guess maybe Marcus Martin could take Boone's spot if Looney doesn't perform well, but that would still be a question mark. How about inateasy, you guys give us a 1st rounder for Iupati? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would trade a 3rd and give Boone a 5 year 30 mm contract max.

What Boone has proven is that you can develop the later round OL into proven starters. No one is giving omenah or Edwards a chance who both are young and showed solid play in there. Clearly a vet like oneil cousins isn't fit for this team.

I would like to see Edwards and omenah develop bc I hear positive things from 1 Buc and even Daniel Jeremiah likes them as starters. So we shouldn't rush the gun after one preseason game on the youngsters. Meredith has shown he's a solid starter as well yet people here want to toss them aside after not playing a game in 8-9 months.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
Id give a third and Rainey. They lost Kendall Hunter and Rainey would fit that role.

When LaMichael James is healthy he is that speed spell back. In all honesty they are fine at RB unless Lattimore isn't as close as they say they are. The only thing with our James is he can play special teams. I don't see Gore or Hyde running down covering kicks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

What Boone has proven is that you can develop the later round OL into proven starters. No one is giving omenah or Edwards a chance who both are young and showed solid play in there. Clearly a vet like oneil cousins isn't fit for this team.

I would like to see Edwards and omenah develop bc I hear positive things from 1 Buc and even Daniel Jeremiah likes them as starters. So we shouldn't rush the gun after one preseason game on the youngsters. Meredith has shown he's a solid starter as well yet people here want to toss them aside after not playing a game in 8-9 months.

I actually really like Omameh and hope he gets the other starting spot when this all shakes out. We did steal him from the Niners PS too lol.

3rd rounder is highest I'm going, and a 5 year 32 million dollar contract, first two years fully gtd at 8 million this season and next.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I actually really like Omameh and hope he gets the other starting spot when this all shakes out. We did steal him from the Niners PS too lol.

3rd rounder is highest I'm going, and a 5 year 32 million dollar contract, first two years fully gtd at 8 million this season and next.

Yep. And it's like it seems everyone is desperate to fill a void at guard. I knew oneil cousins was terrible. I laughed when he was a starter atop the depth chart lol. Some are happy giving away a 2nd. No one knows what next year holds. What if we finish worst in the league? What would giving up a 2nd for Alex Boone have done?

I don't see us contending this year at a high possibility we go 8-8. I have a hard time seeing McCown playing at an elite level #1. And I honestly don't think glennon is the answer either. New offense new team. I like Alex Boone and all but I'm not surrendering a high pick when were not a contender this year. High roster turnover and youth. If we had a proven roster , qb and set to contend, then it's a different story. But we're not even giving Kadeem Edwards and omenah a chance, two guys that show starter ability. Let then develop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: