Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will MIKE BARROW be healthy ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N8DOGGS HOGS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Will MIKE BARROW be healthy ??? Reply with quote

Now that Antonio Pierce is gone, will MICHAEL BARROW be healthy enough to step in as the starter at MLB next year? I haven't heard anything about his progress but I know he is getting up there in age as well! What have people heard?
e16bball

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its kind of funny. All offseason every Skins fan has been pleading for Mike Barrow to retire, myself included. Now that we've lost Pierce, though, everybody wants to know how he is, myself included. lol. He actually has a knee problem similar to mine, and I can tell you that it hasnt gone away for me. Of course, I don't have a million physical therapists available to work on mine, but the fact remains. I havent heard anything concrete on his health, but basing it off my own similar injury, hes probably still sore after he runs.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrow spoke to a reporter and said his rehab was ahead of schedule (funny he was supposed to return during last season) anyway, at best I dont want a 34 year old with limited mobility covering so much ground in the middle. We need to take a shot at Bell or Hartwell and if not grab a younger linebacker (like washington last year) and juggle what we got.

Sorry to hear about the knee..
sootedpair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that Bell and Hartwell might be wanting more than Pierce, seeing as how the Giants were ready to move on Bell, and then all of the sudden changed gears to get Pierce. I wouldn't count on us getting either of those guys without spending more than we would have spent signing Pierce.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, but both are decisively better than Pierce also. I think Phila is going to make a move on Bell anyway.

Sign Plax and make Derrick Johnson our #9, and move Washington to the middle. I dont know how serious I am about that statement, but the more I read it the more I like it.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Agreed, but both are decisively better than Pierce also. I think Phila is going to make a move on Bell anyway.

Sign Plax and make Derrick Johnson our #9, and move Washington to the middle. I dont know how serious I am about that statement, but the more I read it the more I like it.

I don't know about Hartwell, but as far as Bell goes...we've already got an injured MLB, we don't need another.

Plax isn't anywhere near worth the money, and the Skins aren't interested. Didn't LaVar play MLB in college, or was he a weakside LB there too?
N8DOGGS HOGS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaVar is best at weak side LB (If Healthy) Rolling Eyes This becomes a problem area now with Pierce gone and Barrow very questionable! The thing about Derrick Johnson is he is also an OLB, not an ILB/MLB
e16bball

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Lemar Marshall is the team's answer at MLB. I'm not sure how that will work out, but he filled in admirably for LaVar so we shall see. We could always trade down in the draft and target Channing Crowder or pick up a 2nd rounder and target any number of the MLBs that fit in that round if we get real desperate.
taylor36

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Washington times, Lemar MArshall will be the new middlelinebacker.

The Washington Redskins aren't going to pursue any high-end inside linebackers to replace departed free agent Antonio Pierce. Instead, Washington's new man in the middle is Lemar Marshall, who performed admirably in place of injured LaVar Arrington on the weak side last year.
http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20050304-121358-4055r.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: