Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy Dalton Signs new Deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Man, Flacco backed the Ravens into a corner by winning a Superbowl.

Andy Dalton, on the other hand, backed Cinci into a corner by not winning a single playoff game.

And I thought I hated Flacco's deal. This news just made my day as a Ravens fan!

You're better than this SnA. Read the details of the entire contract...

Well I'd most likely bet the team has an opt out at a certain point, much like in Flacco's contract, and that most of the money is back-loaded, much like Flacco's contract.

Either way, as long as Dalton is locked up in a Bengals uniform, I'm happy as a Ravens fan.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mediocre player on a tremendously talented team. Shame. I see a first round exit at best AGAIN, despite an excellent gm and well built team. If ya'll don't sign green to an extension because of this... I will say this: the guaranteed money in the deal is more than fair. But I don't think Dalton deserves 7 more years in Cincy. I think he's hit his peak. Decent arm and physical tools, but nothing special. Not worth a 6 year extension IMO.
Seventh Woods

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Dalton is a good QB, somewhere in the 10-15 range.
Andy Dalton is nowhere near a top 10 QB and he's not very good. More like in the 16-20 range among starters. He's average at absolute best.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Dalton top 10 Confused Sure he's above average but not that high.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL is a business. So long as Dalton keeps getting them to the playoffs, regardless if they can actually win a game when they get there, the Bengals stand to be a profitable team. This contract is pefectly fine given the fact that the Bengals don't need to win super bowls to keep the stands filled and fans happy.

The Bengals were terrible for a long time, the fact that they are consistent now, regardless if they win a championship or not, is much better than falling back to their dark years. Giving up on a QB that has brought them consistent success in an attempt to find a better QB, something they couldn't do for two decades, would be stupid.

Good contract for both the Bengals and Dalton. Everyone should be happy.
Seventh Woods

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
the Bengals don't need to win super bowls to keep the stands filled and fans happy.
That is news to me. I did not know a fan base would remain happy having a really talented all-around team and losing in the first round of the playoffs year after year. Fact is, the Bengals are a super talented team and Andy Dalton's play is what is holding them back from being a true superbowl contender at this point.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seventh Woods wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
the Bengals don't need to win super bowls to keep the stands filled and fans happy.
That is news to me. I did not know a fan base would remain happy having a really talented all-around team and losing in the first round of the playoffs year after year. Fact is, the Bengals are a super talented team and Andy Dalton's play is what is holding them back from being a true superbowl contender at this point.

Have you ever been to Cincy? Fans here are about as pessimistic as they come

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Seventh Woods wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

I'm not the one who said fans would remain happy by just getting to the postseason and never winning a Superbowl.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seventh Woods wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Seventh Woods wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

I'm not the one who said fans would remain happy by just getting to the postseason and never winning a Superbowl.

I think you missed his point.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Man, Flacco backed the Ravens into a corner by winning a Superbowl.

Andy Dalton, on the other hand, backed Cinci into a corner by not winning a single playoff game.

And I thought I hated Flacco's deal. This news just made my day as a Ravens fan!

You're better than this SnA. Read the details of the entire contract...

Debatable

Wink

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seventh Woods wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Seventh Woods wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

Trust me, as a Browns fan, I would be ELATED if my team could string together 3 playoff births in a row. I no longer live in Ohio, but would be more than willing to spend the money to travel and lodge in Cleveland if my team was putting that type of product on the field. I don't claim to know everything about the Bengals, but my gut says their hardcore fans are pretty happy with their team at this moment having lived through the 90's as Bengals fans.

I can't imagine the majority of their fans are upset with this deal. The Bengals can make the playoffs with him as a QB, and can probably even win a playoff game with him. Winning a division title is a huge prize for teams like the Browns, Bengals, Lions, Bills, and the Bengals just won one, they have to be pretty happy with that.

I don't know what team you root for, maybe one with a long history of success, but for those of us who have seen our teams be irrelevant for a decade or longer, winning a division and making the playoffs 3 years in a row is reason to celebrate.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lolton is an idiot. This is essentially a 1 year extension giving the Bengals two years to evaluate Dalton before starting to pay him. With the jump in te cap expected with the new television revenue this is a steal. Dalton should have waited out the year and forced a franchise tag next year. He gave the Bengals a deal.

Proven ability to lead a team into the playoffs. Committed for the majority of his career for only two years of average starter pay. My hats off to the Bengals organization.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
Seventh Woods wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Seventh Woods wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

Trust me, as a Browns fan, I would be ELATED if my team could string together 3 playoff births in a row. I no longer live in Ohio, but would be more than willing to spend the money to travel and lodge in Cleveland if my team was putting that type of product on the field. I don't claim to know everything about the Bengals, but my gut says their hardcore fans are pretty happy with their team at this moment having lived through the 90's as Bengals fans.

I can't imagine the majority of their fans are upset with this deal. The Bengals can make the playoffs with him as a QB, and can probably even win a playoff game with him. Winning a division title is a huge prize for teams like the Browns, Bengals, Lions, Bills, and the Bengals just won one, they have to be pretty happy with that.

I don't know what team you root for, maybe one with a long history of success, but for those of us who have seen our teams be irrelevant for a decade or longer, winning a division and making the playoffs 3 years in a row is reason to celebrate.

The problem is fans in Cincy have long waited for a team like this to come along, yes getting to the playoffs 3 years in a row is great, until your team falls apart in the first round every time. Fans feel like we are losing our window of opportunity, because let's face it, the organization, until lately, hasn't proven to be successful. We want success now and having watched Dalton up to this point, I can honestly say the dude falls apart under the bright lights. Has it been all his fault? No. But at some point you have to prove your worth. With the amount of talent on this team, I honestly feel any average QB could have put up similar numbers that Dalton has. Any Bengals fan will tell you or success had hinged more on the defensive side of the ball than the offensive. I will give Dalton a few more years, but if he repeatedly falls apart, fans will call for his head.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like 80% of posters make an assessment of Dalton and the Bengals by watching them just twice a year. Once on Monday/Sunday night, and once in the playoffs. For whatever reason, he's ugly in the limelight. People are giving him too much crap. He's actually a pretty good QB. He also has some more potential in his game. You can't write him off after three seasons (all in which he led us to the playoffs).

Hue Jackson is really going to get his game going. He's not a QB who can sling the rock 30+ times a game. Gruden's expectations were far too high. Jackson's game plan will make him far more effective and efficient with the ball. For those of you claiming that the Bengals/Dalton will miss Gruden are sadly mistaken.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KennyBania wrote:
I feel like 80% of posters make an assessment of Dalton and the Bengals by watching them just twice a year. Once on Monday/Sunday night, and once in the playoffs. For whatever reason, he's ugly in the limelight. People are giving him too much crap. He's actually a pretty good QB. He also has some more potential in his game. You can't write him off after three seasons (all in which he led us to the playoffs).

Hue Jackson is really going to get his game going. He's not a QB who can sling the rock 30+ times a game. Gruden's expectations were far too high. Jackson's game plan will make him far more effective and efficient with the ball. For those of you claiming that the Bengals/Dalton will miss Gruden are sadly mistaken.

Yeah. I believe Dalton threw the ball over 50 times or something like that in the last playoff game. Ridiculous. So glad Gruden is gone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: