Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PRESEASON WEEK 1: THE GREAT LAKES CLASSIC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Detroit
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
The Good Guys
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Johnny Football
29%
 29%  [ 13 ]
Hornbybrown
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
EZ Money
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
America
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 44

Author Message
BwickBrownie


Joined: 18 Sep 2007
Posts: 1343
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
Is anyone slightly concerned that none of the QB's (and ultimately the entire offense) were able to get the ball in the endzone?

It kinda reminded me of last year.

Oh well.....we have something to build on moving forward

I love the running element that Manziel brings to the game and for that reason, I would like to see him start.


Of course I'd like to see touchdowns over field goals, but I'm not putting too much on that in Week 1 of preseason. Austin had a huge redzone drop with Hoyer and Lewis had a huge redzone fumble with Manziel. I think the idea that "Offenses are behind defenses at this time of the year" is a cliche for a reason. Plus, the reality simply is that a new offense is again being installed, so you really can't expect it to function smoothly for some time.


When you say some time.....how long are we thinking? Laughing

The drops are things that happen throughout the course of a game, and to say well...if this didn't happen, then we woulda had a TD.....that doesn't really sit well with me.

I agree that it's early, and I am not ready to hit the panic button at all. I think it's realistic, however, that we see TD's, especially with the personnel being much better on offense than last year.


I think you're right, that drops and fumbles aren't a good excuse, because they just don't go away in the regular season and you can't assume a touchdown would be scored even if they hadn't occurred. I just think we're looking at such a small sample size that isn't the best indicator of performance in the regular season. If we don't score a single touchdown through the first 3 games of the preseason, then I'll be a lot closer to being worried.
I hate to be the wet blanket, but I just feel like if we expect to see a fully functioning offense at this stage, we're going to be disappointed. Denver, one of the most prolific offenses in the league, only scored one touchdown in the Super Bowl... it's a tough thing to do in the NFL, it really is. So just give me an offense that looks like it knows what it's doing first, and a qb who can run it, then I'll start looking for success in the end-zone.
_________________
'14 ADOPT A BROWN(S)
PAUL KRUGER stats: 8 combined tackles, 2 sacks, 1 career revived by Mike Pettine.
TRAVIS BENJAMIN stats: 3 receptions for 26 yards. 1 Touchdown. 4 Kick Returns, 21.3 yards per.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5360
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish 1 of the 2 would jump out and run away with it bc I am already sick of it. Every radio show, sports artical and forum is 90-95% Hoyer/Manziel talk. Pretty sure there are 80+ other players that are going to have a huge effect on the success and failures of the team this year.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31071
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I just wish 1 of the 2 would jump out and run away with it bc I am already sick of it. Every radio show, sports artical and forum is 90-95% Hoyer/Manziel talk. Pretty sure there are 80+ other players that are going to have a huge effect on the success and failures of the team this year.


yes there are other players who will have an effect on the success of this team but there is no single position as important as QB.

You have a legit starting QB, they can mask some weaknesses. I dont care how good you are at other positions on the field. You cant hide a bad QB for very long.

How many years did Manning hide a bad running game and a suspect defense.

Hoyer and Manziel battle gets the spot light because its a position battle that will truly decide if this team is a playoff team or picking top10
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
cattleman78


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 6971
Location: ohio
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we drafted Bitonio. Our first string line looks great. Rest of the line looked terrible.

Kirksey and Robertson both looked promising.

We will be fine at running back.

Missed Cameron a lot at tight end. Even if we keep him I'd like to get another tight end early in the draft.

Both q.b's played a little above average. Manziel looked poised. He did fine as a rookie.

Receivers dropped to many passes.

I hate all those penalties on def. backs. Come on N.F.L. let them play.

Mingo played well. Looks like maybe the light came on for him.

Biggest needs after only one game. Another t.e. ans a couple off. linemen. we did have a lot of linemen out though with injuries.

I know a lot on here don't like free safety Gipson but I felt we missed him.

Looking forward to see Gilbert and the q.b's playing more.

All in all lots of players showed promise.
_________________
browns and indian fan 7272


Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5360
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
I just wish 1 of the 2 would jump out and run away with it bc I am already sick of it. Every radio show, sports artical and forum is 90-95% Hoyer/Manziel talk. Pretty sure there are 80+ other players that are going to have a huge effect on the success and failures of the team this year.


yes there are other players who will have an effect on the success of this team but there is no single position as important as QB.

You have a legit starting QB, they can mask some weaknesses. I dont care how good you are at other positions on the field. You cant hide a bad QB for very long.

How many years did Manning hide a bad running game and a suspect defense.

Hoyer and Manziel battle gets the spot light because its a position battle that will truly decide if this team is a playoff team or picking top10


Edgerrin James was awful. I forgot what a bust he was and what a terrible running game Manning had behind him for years and years. He has been throwing to bums like Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Garcon, Thomas, Decker and Welker his entire career. Tarik Glenn and Jeff Saturday were revolving doors at the most pivital position on his Oline. Dwight Freeney was never able to keep the other offensive off the field on 3rd down to protect Manning's lead.

QB is the most important position in football, however, the media and the recent and seemingling growning gap between the excellent teams and bad teams have turned it into so important that is now the most overrated position in football.

Sorry, but Russell Wilson is an average QB. Alex Smith is a joke and they have led there teams to 3 NFC Championships and 1 ring.

It has always been and will always be a TEAM sport period.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 44809
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
I just wish 1 of the 2 would jump out and run away with it bc I am already sick of it. Every radio show, sports artical and forum is 90-95% Hoyer/Manziel talk. Pretty sure there are 80+ other players that are going to have a huge effect on the success and failures of the team this year.


yes there are other players who will have an effect on the success of this team but there is no single position as important as QB.

You have a legit starting QB, they can mask some weaknesses. I dont care how good you are at other positions on the field. You cant hide a bad QB for very long.

How many years did Manning hide a bad running game and a suspect defense.

Hoyer and Manziel battle gets the spot light because its a position battle that will truly decide if this team is a playoff team or picking top10


Edgerrin James was awful. I forgot what a bust he was and what a terrible running game Manning had behind him for years and years. He has been throwing to bums like Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Garcon, Thomas, Decker and Welker his entire career. Tarik Glenn and Jeff Saturday were revolving doors at the most pivital position on his Oline. Dwight Freeney was never able to keep the other offensive off the field on 3rd down to protect Manning's lead.

QB is the most important position in football, however, the media and the recent and seemingling growning gap between the excellent teams and bad teams have turned it into so important that is now the most overrated position in football.

Sorry, but Russell Wilson is an average QB. Alex Smith is a joke and they have led there teams to 3 NFC Championships and 1 ring.

It has always been and will always be a TEAM sport period.


and the most important part of the team is the QB, period.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5360
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isaiah Crowell doesn't look to have the favor of the coaches and now looks to be on the outside looking in. He didn't get a single offensive snap. Ouch.

Mingo has been a man on fire this entire trainning camp. I hope he can explode into the force we have needed to keep teams off the field on 3rd downs.

Leon McFadden is still a joke. Looks like Aaron Berry will get the 6th CB spot. I head the staff really loves T.J. Health but I don't think I noticed him at all.

Marqueis Gray is going to be a pro bowl FB before too long.

Contrary to what most of you are saying Terrence West actually performed much better than Ben Tate. His YPC was effected negatively by some things not of his doing. He showed better power and vision as well as NOT PUTTING THE BALL ON THE GROUND. No way around it there will be an even split IMO but West easily gives us the best chance at sustainning success in the run game. I bet by the time the bye week rolls around when it is crucial we get something out of the run game West and not Tate will be on the field including short yardage, goal to goal and 4 min offense.

We missed Gipson

Bitonio is a stud.

Pulling hard for Charles Johnson and he showed amazing explosiveness for a man his size but for some reason I think the staff loves the vet scrubs like Burleson and Armstrong more.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20379
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kam


I heard a report today that said the Browns may have not played him because they want to stash him on the PS and don't want other teams getting tape of him so that they want to snatch him from the PS.

Not sure if true but the thinking makes a bit of sense. We have a logjam at RB and even if he blew it up, he wouldn't be a top 2 on the Depth chart.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31071
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
I just wish 1 of the 2 would jump out and run away with it bc I am already sick of it. Every radio show, sports artical and forum is 90-95% Hoyer/Manziel talk. Pretty sure there are 80+ other players that are going to have a huge effect on the success and failures of the team this year.


yes there are other players who will have an effect on the success of this team but there is no single position as important as QB.

You have a legit starting QB, they can mask some weaknesses. I dont care how good you are at other positions on the field. You cant hide a bad QB for very long.

How many years did Manning hide a bad running game and a suspect defense.

Hoyer and Manziel battle gets the spot light because its a position battle that will truly decide if this team is a playoff team or picking top10


Edgerrin James was awful. I forgot what a bust he was and what a terrible running game Manning had behind him for years and years. He has been throwing to bums like Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Garcon, Thomas, Decker and Welker his entire career. Tarik Glenn and Jeff Saturday were revolving doors at the most pivital position on his Oline. Dwight Freeney was never able to keep the other offensive off the field on 3rd down to protect Manning's lead.

QB is the most important position in football, however, the media and the recent and seemingling growning gap between the excellent teams and bad teams have turned it into so important that is now the most overrated position in football.

Sorry, but Russell Wilson is an average QB. Alex Smith is a joke and they have led there teams to 3 NFC Championships and 1 ring.

It has always been and will always be a TEAM sport period.

Yes Edgerrin James was a pretty good back but who were these great RBs Manning played with from 2006 to 2011 because James left.
06 18th ranked rushing attack
07 18th ranked rushing attack
08 31st ranked rushing attack
09 32nd ranked rushing attack
10 29th ranked rushing attack

hell with James there rushing attack was never amazing

99 16th ranked rushing attack
01 16th ranked rushing attack
02 26th ranked rushing attack
03 19th ranked rushing attack
04 15th ranked rushing attack
05 16th ranked rushing attack

What is your point? You insert a bad QB on those Colts team. Hell you can ramble off all the crap you want. Look at the Colts. Manning as the QB they are going to win at least 10games. No manning, 2 wins. You can name off Smith and Wilson. You can call them avg but they are good enough to win you some games or not cost you some games.

If the Browns had an avg QB like Smith or Wilson last year they prolly win at least 7 to 8 games. The QB for the Browns have been such a bad situation for so long that for once the Browns actually have a legit shot at having at least an avg starter at QB. So its going to get hyped up. Honestly I dont really care about position battles at WR, DB, or ILB. I care about the QB position because that is the position that is mostly going to impact the Browns. You can name off any other QB you want that doesnt play for the Browns and I will tell you IDGAF because its not the Browns. The QB is the most important position for this team. A WR isnt going to win the Browns many games. Gordon was a top3 WR last year and it translated into 4 freaking wins.

You can call any position over hyped or not but the team that has the better QB play for the game is going to win the game.

Yes we all know Seattle won the superbowl with a developing star in Wilson but thats rare. What seattle did was pretty rare but for the seahawks to keep up their winning ways its going to come down to the development of Wilson because to me they will not be able to keep all those stud defenders because those guys are going to want to get paid. They have been lucky that they have had such great depth that was very cheap because they were lower picks.

Once the QB position is settle then I will care about the other positions
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31071
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Kam


I heard a report today that said the Browns may have not played him because they want to stash him on the PS and don't want other teams getting tape of him so that they want to snatch him from the PS.

Not sure if true but the thinking makes a bit of sense. We have a logjam at RB and even if he blew it up, he wouldn't be a top 2 on the Depth chart.


were you listening to 92.3? they were saying the same thing. Browns might know what they have in him but dont want to play him so opposing teams dont get film on him and would sign him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31071
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Isaiah Crowell doesn't look to have the favor of the coaches and now looks to be on the outside looking in. He didn't get a single offensive snap. Ouch.

Mingo has been a man on fire this entire trainning camp. I hope he can explode into the force we have needed to keep teams off the field on 3rd downs.

Leon McFadden is still a joke. Looks like Aaron Berry will get the 6th CB spot. I head the staff really loves T.J. Health but I don't think I noticed him at all.

Marqueis Gray is going to be a pro bowl FB before too long.

Contrary to what most of you are saying Terrence West actually performed much better than Ben Tate. His YPC was effected negatively by some things not of his doing. He showed better power and vision as well as NOT PUTTING THE BALL ON THE GROUND. No way around it there will be an even split IMO but West easily gives us the best chance at sustainning success in the run game. I bet by the time the bye week rolls around when it is crucial we get something out of the run game West and not Tate will be on the field including short yardage, goal to goal and 4 min offense.

We missed Gipson

Bitonio is a stud.

Pulling hard for Charles Johnson and he showed amazing explosiveness for a man his size but for some reason I think the staff loves the vet scrubs like Burleson and Armstrong more.


i dont know about Gray being a pro bowl FB. I think he looked good because he was helping fill the void of Cameron. I think once Cameron is back, Gray would stop getting those looks
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 3662
Location: Kent State University
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Isaiah Crowell doesn't look to have the favor of the coaches and now looks to be on the outside looking in. He didn't get a single offensive snap. Ouch.

Mingo has been a man on fire this entire trainning camp. I hope he can explode into the force we have needed to keep teams off the field on 3rd downs.

Leon McFadden is still a joke. Looks like Aaron Berry will get the 6th CB spot. I head the staff really loves T.J. Health but I don't think I noticed him at all.

Marqueis Gray is going to be a pro bowl FB before too long.

Contrary to what most of you are saying Terrence West actually performed much better than Ben Tate. His YPC was effected negatively by some things not of his doing. He showed better power and vision as well as NOT PUTTING THE BALL ON THE GROUND. No way around it there will be an even split IMO but West easily gives us the best chance at sustainning success in the run game. I bet by the time the bye week rolls around when it is crucial we get something out of the run game West and not Tate will be on the field including short yardage, goal to goal and 4 min offense.

We missed Gipson

Bitonio is a stud.

Pulling hard for Charles Johnson and he showed amazing explosiveness for a man his size but for some reason I think the staff loves the vet scrubs like Burleson and Armstrong more.


i dont know about Gray being a pro bowl FB. I think he looked good because he was helping fill the void of Cameron. I think once Cameron is back, Gray would stop getting those looks


I disagree. Gray's gonna get a lot of looks on those play action roll outs.
_________________


Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 7860
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@dkaplanSBJ: The Clev-Det game (Manziel) on NFLN not only set rating record 4 preseason,it crushed it. 2.8 mil v 2.07 mil 4 NOLA-Pit in '07, 36% up


So people complain about the manziel media coverage yet they watch in record numbers Laughing
_________________
Adopt A Brown:Spencer Lanning

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BwickBrownie


Joined: 18 Sep 2007
Posts: 1343
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
@dkaplanSBJ: The Clev-Det game (Manziel) on NFLN not only set rating record 4 preseason,it crushed it. 2.8 mil v 2.07 mil 4 NOLA-Pit in '07, 36% up


So people complain about the manziel media coverage yet they watch in record numbers Laughing


I don't think they're quite the same thing. People can complain about ESPN documenting his every training camp snap and how much he parties in the offseason and not be a hypocrite for wanting to watch him on the field.
_________________
'14 ADOPT A BROWN(S)
PAUL KRUGER stats: 8 combined tackles, 2 sacks, 1 career revived by Mike Pettine.
TRAVIS BENJAMIN stats: 3 receptions for 26 yards. 1 Touchdown. 4 Kick Returns, 21.3 yards per.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31071
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Isaiah Crowell doesn't look to have the favor of the coaches and now looks to be on the outside looking in. He didn't get a single offensive snap. Ouch.

Mingo has been a man on fire this entire trainning camp. I hope he can explode into the force we have needed to keep teams off the field on 3rd downs.

Leon McFadden is still a joke. Looks like Aaron Berry will get the 6th CB spot. I head the staff really loves T.J. Health but I don't think I noticed him at all.

Marqueis Gray is going to be a pro bowl FB before too long.

Contrary to what most of you are saying Terrence West actually performed much better than Ben Tate. His YPC was effected negatively by some things not of his doing. He showed better power and vision as well as NOT PUTTING THE BALL ON THE GROUND. No way around it there will be an even split IMO but West easily gives us the best chance at sustainning success in the run game. I bet by the time the bye week rolls around when it is crucial we get something out of the run game West and not Tate will be on the field including short yardage, goal to goal and 4 min offense.

We missed Gipson

Bitonio is a stud.

Pulling hard for Charles Johnson and he showed amazing explosiveness for a man his size but for some reason I think the staff loves the vet scrubs like Burleson and Armstrong more.


i dont know about Gray being a pro bowl FB. I think he looked good because he was helping fill the void of Cameron. I think once Cameron is back, Gray would stop getting those looks


I disagree. Gray's gonna get a lot of looks on those play action roll outs.


I don't see a lot of FBs being all pro/pro bowlers because they are good in the flats.

I think he will have a good season but I don't think he will be that good
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group