Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greatest Players in Franchise History Version 2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Greatest Players in Franchise History Version 2? Reply with quote

Titanrick did a greatest players in franchise history vote back in 2006(can view each individual topic here, Tennessee Titans Resources, and given that's it been 8 years since those polls, and we have quite a few people who didn't get the chance to vote on those polls(as well as some players in recent years who have an argument at some of the positions), I was wondering if there was enough interest in doing that again?

If so, the only questions I'd have before starting is:

How would you want the voting for positions to go? Do it like Titanrick did and group players at certain positions(like OT/OT/CB/S) or do individual like LT/LG/C/RG/RT and so on?

How many years does a player need to have been in a Titans/Oilers uniform to qualify for this? A good example of this mattering is Kevin Mawae has a case due to his 06/07/08 seasons as being our best center of all time, as we're not exactly storied at that position. Is 4 years of service to us enough to qualify him? What should the cutoff be?

What to do with Bruce Matthews? Titanrick's polls placed him in at right tackle(or at least was one of the two tackles, assuming right given Brad Hopkins played LT his entire career), however, 11 years of Matthews career was spent at one of the two guard spots. 6 at LG, 5 at RG. He also spent 5 and half-ish(84 was split between C and RT) years at center. There's also the option of going through each O-line poll, excluding Matthews from each one, and then putting him in the spot that we vote on as the weakest link of our o-line. I'll leave it up to you guys.

Hopefully you guys are intrigued by the idea too and can help answer these questions.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea! I don't have the time to run it, but would be interested in seeing how it turns out if you run it, TL.

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone with any opinions on these questions? Interest in this?
rtizzle89

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I don't really post on here in the off season but I'm pretty active during the season, so i just wanted to re-introduce myself. As for the greatest players in franchise history part 2. I think its a great idea. I really enjoyed the last one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: