Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers lose DL Glenn Dorsey for the season
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40072
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: 49ers lose DL Glenn Dorsey for the season Reply with quote

Quote:
49ers DT Glenn Dorsey is out for the year with a torn bicep, per source.


https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/495627654738227200


_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13271
Location: Quťbec
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step up, Quinton Dial!
And come back, Ian Williams.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 27222
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, good thing we have a lot of DL depth, but it will definitely be tested now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SFrush


Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Posts: 172
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Ian Williams comes back I'm expecting Fangio to put us in the nickel even more now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
neezy007


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 9115
Location: El Paso
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks. Hope he comes back strong. It's never good to lose talent but we do have depth. Dorsey was Ian Williams back up last year and Dial has been looking good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 10008
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Jerrod-Eddie looked fine at times at NT as well. Lots of depth makes this doable. Also allows us to keep a fringe guy like Dobbs or maybe even Okoye if he has a great preseason.
_________________


Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 27th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #26, Ottis Anderson: 49
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 743
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 27222
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrush wrote:
Unless Ian Williams comes back I'm expecting Fangio to put us in the nickel even more now.


Certain personnel decides if we go in the nickel or not.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RedWhiteNGold


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 2895
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting Ward looks pretty savvy right about now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 7162
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks, as Dorsey was remarkably good and under appreciated last year, but I don't see this as major. Granted, it could be as Williams is still struggling to get back as I understand it, but I have really high hopes for Dial based on what I've heard from camp and we have had a very good recent history with creating solid NTs from guys who weren't highly regarded prior.
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zappa13004


Joined: 04 Jan 2014
Posts: 598
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Welp, good thing we have a lot of DL depth, but it will definitely be tested now.
Lots of DL depth ? I.Williams, Dobbs, Carradine, Dial, Jerod-Eddie ? Lots of guy indeed but which one can play ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
757-NINER


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 420
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zappa13004 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Welp, good thing we have a lot of DL depth, but it will definitely be tested now.
Lots of DL depth ? I.Williams, Dobbs, Carradine, Dial, Jerod-Eddie ? Lots of guy indeed but which one can play ?



Quote:
Mikey from Oakland wants to know what position do I think is the 49ersí deepest.

BW: Itís a loaded roster so there are plenty of spots to choose from, but I have to go with the defensive line. It is so deep. The 49ers could keep 10 defensive linemen and every one of them is worthy of being in an NFL rotation. This group is going to be good for years to come. Young players such as Tony Jerod-Eddie, Ian Williams, Demarcus Dobbs, Cornellius Carradine, Quinton Dial and rookie Kaleb Ramsey are all backups. But all have big potential.


http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisc...epest-position

They ALL can play Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 7162
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
zappa13004 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Welp, good thing we have a lot of DL depth, but it will definitely be tested now.
Lots of DL depth ? I.Williams, Dobbs, Carradine, Dial, Jerod-Eddie ? Lots of guy indeed but which one can play ?



Quote:
Mikey from Oakland wants to know what position do I think is the 49ersí deepest.

BW: Itís a loaded roster so there are plenty of spots to choose from, but I have to go with the defensive line. It is so deep. The 49ers could keep 10 defensive linemen and every one of them is worthy of being in an NFL rotation. This group is going to be good for years to come. Young players such as Tony Jerod-Eddie, Ian Williams, Demarcus Dobbs, Cornellius Carradine, Quinton Dial and rookie Kaleb Ramsey are all backups. But all have big potential.


http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisc...epest-position

They ALL can play Very Happy


And even if they couldn't? Tomsula can coach.
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 10008
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
zappa13004 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Welp, good thing we have a lot of DL depth, but it will definitely be tested now.
Lots of DL depth ? I.Williams, Dobbs, Carradine, Dial, Jerod-Eddie ? Lots of guy indeed but which one can play ?



Quote:
Mikey from Oakland wants to know what position do I think is the 49ersí deepest.

BW: Itís a loaded roster so there are plenty of spots to choose from, but I have to go with the defensive line. It is so deep. The 49ers could keep 10 defensive linemen and every one of them is worthy of being in an NFL rotation. This group is going to be good for years to come. Young players such as Tony Jerod-Eddie, Ian Williams, Demarcus Dobbs, Cornellius Carradine, Quinton Dial and rookie Kaleb Ramsey are all backups. But all have big potential.


http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisc...epest-position

They ALL can play Very Happy


And even if they couldn't? Tomsula can coach.


Which is part of the reason they ALL can play.
_________________


Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 27th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #26, Ottis Anderson: 49
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 743
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 27222
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dial supposedly has been great this far in camp so it will be interesting to see if he could carry that over in the actual games. Jerrod-Eddie was the one proven rotational player and Ramsey will get his opportunity as well. What is the latest on Williams though?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
757-NINER


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 420
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I'm hoping this keeps Purcell on the 53. I think that kid has a HUGE upside. Doresy's injury may actually help keep him on the roster. He's a true NT. He's also young and cheap. They said he made the play of the day on defense after Dorsey got hurt, blowing up a run play on the goaline. I was afraid some team was going to snag him if we exposed him to waivers again this year. Hope this keeps him around, think he has 'future starter' written all over him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group