Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Re: Josh Brent
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh Brent Reply with quote

Rainer Sabin ‏@RainerSabinDMN 29s
Quote:
Peter Schaffer on Josh Brent coming back to NFL: "He’s come a long way and he’s ready to go."

Rainer Sabin ‏@RainerSabinDMN 1m
Quote:
Peter Schaffer, Josh Brent's agent: "He has decided he would like to continue his NFL career if the Cowboys will have him."

Time to re-start the conversation in earnest.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine him in playing shape at all. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the locker room either.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just your friendly reminder to keep this conversation about football.

And on that note, I'm not really sure he can bring much at this point. Training camp has already begun and we already have a couple 1-techs under contract. If he has been able to stay in adequate shape, then I suppose it could be decent competition if nothing else. Non-guaranteed contract wouldn't hurt.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we put him on the PUP until he gets in shape? Beer know what happens between now and week 6. With our injury history we may well need him by then.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:

And on that note, I'm not really sure he can bring much at this point. Training camp has already begun and we already have a couple 1-techs under contract. If he has been able to stay in adequate shape, then I suppose it could be decent competition if nothing else. Non-guaranteed contract wouldn't hurt.

For me the non-football stuff is a big part of the issue, so if it's not to be discussed I respectfully request that there is no discussion of Josh Brent.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

For me the non-football stuff is a big part of the issue, so if it's not to be discussed I respectfully request that there is no discussion of Josh Brent.

The non-football stuff is exactly why this is an issue, so it's prudent to discuss it because it directly pertains to his playing on the team.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
htfryar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eff Josh Brent and the horse he rode drunk on. Before he did what he did, he wasn't really all that great. He's been away from the game for like a year and a half. His limited skill set his lack of conditioning and untrustworthiness make him a waste of a roster spot. We'd be better off signing some guy off the street who respects the star, the game and his team mates. Brent does none of that and does not deserve an 8th chance.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he was coming off a 12 sack season, I bet their wouldnt be such a backlash to bring him, thats just the way it is. That said, bring him back and lets see what he can do
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in other thread, don't know what Dallas finds so intriguing about what Brent has done thus far in his career to warrant another go around.

^^Kiltman^^
Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't particularly have a problem with giving him another chance. The man must have been through hell and back - I can only imagine how I would be if I killed my best friend.

That said - I will be stunned if he is in any kind of shape to be passable for the NFL. It's not just physical shape, it's football shape - which is two different things.

IF at any time there are going to consider it, this moment is exactly the right time. Early in camp to see if it is worth the experiment.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

The non-football stuff is exactly why this is an issue, so it's prudent to discuss it because it directly pertains to his playing on the team.

Let me rephrase then. Don't turn this into another discussion about drunk driving. If you don't want him back because he did it, fine, that's reasonable. But let's not turn this into a thread purely about drinking and driving

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think we need to reserve judgement until Goddell makes his ruling on the matter. Because if he is suspend for the season or 8 games this is a mute point.

Agree 1000%, HT with your post. This guy has not shown us anything more than he is a marginal player at best.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Think we need to reserve judgement until Goddell makes his ruling on the matter. Because if he is suspend for the season or 8 games this is a mute point.

Agree 1000%, HT with your post. This guy has not shown us anything more than he is a marginal player at best.

Why would we need to reserve judgment, though? Are we not entitled to our opinions on the issue? Whether Comrade Goodell suspends Brent or not, it shouldn't preclude a person from having and stating his/her opinion on the matter. From my perspective, suspension or no suspension, Brent is not worthy of being on this team. In my opinion, he ruined his opportunity to have the privilege of playing in the NFL because he made a series of bad decisions. His only being a marginal player to begin with only compounds my sentiment; but his transgressions fueled it. And you guys know that I'd have this opinion whether he was a fringe player or superstar. I don't differentiate between the two if the guy is a bad seed.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
buckwild

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Why would we need to reserve judgment, though? Are we not entitled to our opinions on the issue? Whether Comrade Goodell suspends Brent or not, it shouldn't preclude a person from having and stating his/her opinion on the matter. From my perspective, suspension or no suspension, Brent is not worthy of being on this team. In my opinion, he ruined his opportunity to have the privilege of playing in the NFL because he made a series of bad decisions. His only being a marginal player to begin with only compounds my sentiment; but his transgressions fueled it. And you guys know that I'd have this opinion whether he was a fringe player or superstar. I don't differentiate between the two if the guy is a bad seed.

I just meant that if he suspended for the year that we can delay the discussion until it is a current topic relating to the Cowboys. If we don't have to open Pandora's box then why open it.

We have had this discussion ad nauseam ever since the incident happened, but not saying that you are not entitled to your opinion on the subject.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Let me rephrase then. Don't turn this into another discussion about drunk driving. If you don't want him back because he did it, fine, that's reasonable. But let's not turn this into a thread purely about drinking and driving

No problem. I promise not to derail the thread. Wink

I amongst others here, just don't understand the interest. Unless I am remembering things incorrectly, he wasn't all that spectacular. Why deal with the backlash?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: