Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys sign LT Tyron Smith to an 8-year, $110M extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
htfryar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great deal for a great player. Gotta love it.

I understood but didn't love the Tyron Smith pick. I wanted Watt in 1st and wanted to trade up for Gabe Carimi with our 2nd. As much as Watt would help this team, I'm glad I didn't get my wish.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 22 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Pass Break Up
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Quote:
@CowboysNation 3m
Dallas has signed arguably the best LT for 10 years at only $11m per year. It's time to stop bashing the Cowboys for their contracts.

Love it.

Someone is going to have to help me out here. 110/8 =/= 11. Still, have to love getting him under wraps for next 8 yrs.

Curious to see what is in store and Dez and his 'hometown' discount.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Quote:
@CowboysNation 3m
Dallas has signed arguably the best LT for 10 years at only $11m per year. It's time to stop bashing the Cowboys for their contracts.

Love it.

Someone is going to have to help me out here. 110/8 =/= 11. Still, have to love getting him under wraps for next 8 yrs.

I believe they're counting his numbers for 2014/2015.

^^^mack
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM TYRON SMITH: Late last week, the Cowboys approached me with a deal I told my agents I wanted to sign. My agents explained the pros and cons of this deal versus one that may be shorter term and/or higher guarantee. After careful consideration, I decided this long term deal was exactly what I wanted. Over the past three years, the Cowboys organization and Jones Family have helped me through trying times and I felt this was my opportunity to return the gratitude. I am beyond grateful for the Cowboys staff, my teammates, and the fans, and wanted to ensure I was locked in as a "Cowboy for Life". I want to thank everyone for their support and look forward to having a star on my helmet for the remainder of my career.
-Tyron Smith

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
TheTechnician

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Quote:
@CowboysNation 3m

Love it.

I believe they're counting his numbers for 2014/2015.

Yes. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tyron-smith/

Approx 2 million this year and 10 million next season ( I think because we picked up his 5th yr option)
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
Quote:
OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM TYRON SMITH: Late last week, the Cowboys approached me with a deal I told my agents I wanted to sign. My agents explained the pros and cons of this deal versus one that may be shorter term and/or higher guarantee. After careful consideration, I decided this long term deal was exactly what I wanted. Over the past three years, the Cowboys organization and Jones Family have helped me through trying times and I felt this was my opportunity to return the gratitude. I am beyond grateful for the Cowboys staff, my teammates, and the fans, and wanted to ensure I was locked in as a "Cowboy for Life". I want to thank everyone for their support and look forward to having a star on my helmet for the remainder of my career.
-Tyron Smith

Kinda nice to see guys who are committed to the team. Those are types of players you want.

^^^mack
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Great deal for a great player. Gotta love it.

I understood but didn't love the Tyron Smith pick. I wanted Watt in 1st and wanted to trade up for Gabe Carimi with our 2nd. As much as Watt would help this team, I'm glad I didn't get my wish.
Im gonna toot my own horn because i always wanted tyron at #9…poor calvert though, swore up and down that he was a bum…now cal is long gone

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
hitstreak07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:
Quote:
-Tyron Smith

Kinda nice to see guys who are committed to the team. Those are types of players you want.

That's exactly right. You couldn't ask for more loyalty than this right here. Wish there were more like him
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
I am so happy about this, he could soon be the best LT in the league and is only 23.

This.

Great signing, we now have secured him for all of his prime, won't be pressured into giving him a new long contract when he's 30 like we might would if giving him a 6/7 year deal. I would say that he's already around good enough to earn that kind of money - and he's likely only going to get better. Hopefully, he's not going to regress so that doing this longterm will come back and bite us..
Blitz9493

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great deal for Cowboys. Gotta love that its only $40 million guaranteed. Don't think we'll ever get to where we would need to, but if we ever needed to release him, it would not be expensive against the cap.

Although I don't think that's how the Jones' see it. I imagine that for at least 3 of the 10 years we will see that deal get restructured. Probably going to be a nightmare towards the end.

Runaway Jim wrote:
Quote:
-Tyron Smith
Great sentiment to hear. But, I can't help but read, "I like you guys, so I'm going to let you only pay me $11 million per year". Laughing

Last edited by Blitz9493 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dallasfan1313

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a breakdown of the contract.

Looks like a hell of a deal for us. If something were to go wrong all the guaranteed money is in the first couple years. And with the small signing bonus we could cut him as early as 2018 and GAIN cap room.

I'm hoping he sees the end of it uninjured and signs another. Great player already who hopefully will only get better and be a staple on our left side for a long time.

R.I.P. B2TB and S.A.

ianlewis16 wrote:
you're my favourite poster

Matts4313 wrote:
DF1313 + Anger = Win for the forum.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fantastic Deal.

Ian Rapoport made a very idiotic statement. Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have had my issues with Jerry and his loose wallet from time to time and I still have my doubts, but that looks like a terrific deal.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
That's a fantastic Deal.

When doesn't he? He is an idiot.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
That's a fantastic Deal.

What was it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: