Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers sign GM Ted Thompson to a long-term deal
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Packers sign GM Ted Thompson to a long-term deal Reply with quote

Quote:
#Packers sign General Manager Ted Thompson to new contract.

https://twitter.com/packers/status/494540918477701120

Tom Brady Tribute
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link only says "long term deal" without saying just how long term that deal is. I'm guessing 5 year deal?

Thompson deserves it though. He's put together a strong team in Green Bay who I think this year might actually not crumble in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the opinion among NON Green Bay fans? Where does TT rank as a GM?
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
What is the opinion among NON Green Bay fans? Where does TT rank as a GM?

Top 5

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
vinniepaz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@packers: Thompson: I'm a scout. That's what I do & that's what I enjoy. As a scout you're always looking for that diamond that nobody else can find.

Gotta love it
Panthers11

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great value by Thompson to sign Thompson. Laughing

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Jlethall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
The link only says "long term deal" without saying just how long term that deal is. I'm guessing 5 year deal?

Thompson deserves it though. He's put together a strong team in Green Bay who I think this year might actually not crumble in the playoffs.

And by strong team you mean Aaron Rodgers...because without Rodgers they are downright awful and prob the worst team in the NFC north
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't expect them to let him leave.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlethall wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

And by strong team you mean Aaron Rodgers...because without Rodgers they are downright awful and prob the worst team in the NFC north

Which is why they won the division last year despite losing him for just under half the year? Laughing

Of course the team is markedly worse without the best QB in football, that doesn't make them awful.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlethall wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Cause we just won the North without him for 8 games last year...

Without Peterson the Vikes are awful, with CJ the Lions are the worst team in the North. That's just such a dumb statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Jlethall wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Without Peterson the Vikes are awful, with CJ the Lions are the worst team in the North. That's just such a dumb statement.

While I agree for the most part, I do think that both Thompson and McCarthy are both over rated because of Rodgers.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Jlethall wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

While I agree for the most part, I do think that both Thompson and McCarthy are both over rated because of Rodgers.
And I would argue the other way. Rodgers needs McCarthy and Thompson as much as they need him. I'd trust Thompson to find us a new QB, and I trust McCarthy to develop said QB. Rodgers got placed into a very nice situation with the talent and coaching around him. Obviously he did have to work and make it on his own too, but he had a great support system around him.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Conductor of the Gerod Holliman Hype Train
Kampman74

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlethall wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

And by Aaron Rodgers you mean strong team.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Jlethall wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

And I would argue the other way. Rodgers needs McCarthy and Thompson as much as they need him. I'd trust Thompson to find us a new QB, and I trust McCarthy to develop said QB. Rodgers got placed into a very nice situation with the talent and coaching around him. Obviously he did have to work and make it on his own too, but he had a great support system around him.

I don't know the Packers' record with Rodgers off the top of my head, but I know it's a lot better than the 2-5-1 they went without him last year. Thompson either didn't have a good back up in place or McCarthy failed to develop him.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Stevein2012

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlethall wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

They did go 2-2-1 with a QB that couldn't even hold a back up job with the Raiders or Bills so they couldn't have been THAT bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: