Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers sign GM Ted Thompson to a long-term deal
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 41344
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Packers sign GM Ted Thompson to a long-term deal Reply with quote

Quote:
#Packers sign General Manager Ted Thompson to new contract.


https://twitter.com/packers/status/494540918477701120


_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14946
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link only says "long term deal" without saying just how long term that deal is. I'm guessing 5 year deal?

Thompson deserves it though. He's put together a strong team in Green Bay who I think this year might actually not crumble in the playoffs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
GBPackers79


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19960
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the opinion among NON Green Bay fans? Where does TT rank as a GM?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 21330
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
What is the opinion among NON Green Bay fans? Where does TT rank as a GM?


Top 5
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vinniepaz


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 2268
Location: toronto
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@packers: Thompson: I'm a scout. That's what I do & that's what I enjoy. As a scout you're always looking for that diamond that nobody else can find.


Gotta love it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 25207
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great value by Thompson to sign Thompson. Laughing
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlethall


Joined: 17 Nov 2013
Posts: 483
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
The link only says "long term deal" without saying just how long term that deal is. I'm guessing 5 year deal?

Thompson deserves it though. He's put together a strong team in Green Bay who I think this year might actually not crumble in the playoffs.


And by strong team you mean Aaron Rodgers...because without Rodgers they are downright awful and prob the worst team in the NFC north
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 26897
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't expect them to let him leave.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 12729
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlethall wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
The link only says "long term deal" without saying just how long term that deal is. I'm guessing 5 year deal?

Thompson deserves it though. He's put together a strong team in Green Bay who I think this year might actually not crumble in the playoffs.


And by strong team you mean Aaron Rodgers...because without Rodgers they are downright awful and prob the worst team in the NFC north


Which is why they won the division last year despite losing him for just under half the year? Laughing

Of course the team is markedly worse without the best QB in football, that doesn't make them awful.
_________________


Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14680
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlethall wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
The link only says "long term deal" without saying just how long term that deal is. I'm guessing 5 year deal?

Thompson deserves it though. He's put together a strong team in Green Bay who I think this year might actually not crumble in the playoffs.


And by strong team you mean Aaron Rodgers...because without Rodgers they are downright awful and prob the worst team in the NFC north


Cause we just won the North without him for 8 games last year...

Without Peterson the Vikes are awful, with CJ the Lions are the worst team in the North. That's just such a dumb statement.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8957
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Jlethall wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
The link only says "long term deal" without saying just how long term that deal is. I'm guessing 5 year deal?

Thompson deserves it though. He's put together a strong team in Green Bay who I think this year might actually not crumble in the playoffs.


And by strong team you mean Aaron Rodgers...because without Rodgers they are downright awful and prob the worst team in the NFC north


Cause we just won the North without him for 8 games last year...

Without Peterson the Vikes are awful, with CJ the Lions are the worst team in the North. That's just such a dumb statement.


While I agree for the most part, I do think that both Thompson and McCarthy are both over rated because of Rodgers.
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 8175
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Jlethall wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
The link only says "long term deal" without saying just how long term that deal is. I'm guessing 5 year deal?

Thompson deserves it though. He's put together a strong team in Green Bay who I think this year might actually not crumble in the playoffs.


And by strong team you mean Aaron Rodgers...because without Rodgers they are downright awful and prob the worst team in the NFC north


Cause we just won the North without him for 8 games last year...

Without Peterson the Vikes are awful, with CJ the Lions are the worst team in the North. That's just such a dumb statement.


While I agree for the most part, I do think that both Thompson and McCarthy are both over rated because of Rodgers.
And I would argue the other way. Rodgers needs McCarthy and Thompson as much as they need him. I'd trust Thompson to find us a new QB, and I trust McCarthy to develop said QB. Rodgers got placed into a very nice situation with the talent and coaching around him. Obviously he did have to work and make it on his own too, but he had a great support system around him.
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best


Conductor of the Gerod Holliman Hype Train
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kampman74


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 7451
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlethall wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
The link only says "long term deal" without saying just how long term that deal is. I'm guessing 5 year deal?

Thompson deserves it though. He's put together a strong team in Green Bay who I think this year might actually not crumble in the playoffs.


And by strong team you mean Aaron Rodgers...because without Rodgers they are downright awful and prob the worst team in the NFC north


And by Aaron Rodgers you mean strong team.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8957
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Jlethall wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
The link only says "long term deal" without saying just how long term that deal is. I'm guessing 5 year deal?

Thompson deserves it though. He's put together a strong team in Green Bay who I think this year might actually not crumble in the playoffs.


And by strong team you mean Aaron Rodgers...because without Rodgers they are downright awful and prob the worst team in the NFC north


Cause we just won the North without him for 8 games last year...

Without Peterson the Vikes are awful, with CJ the Lions are the worst team in the North. That's just such a dumb statement.


While I agree for the most part, I do think that both Thompson and McCarthy are both over rated because of Rodgers.
And I would argue the other way. Rodgers needs McCarthy and Thompson as much as they need him. I'd trust Thompson to find us a new QB, and I trust McCarthy to develop said QB. Rodgers got placed into a very nice situation with the talent and coaching around him. Obviously he did have to work and make it on his own too, but he had a great support system around him.


I don't know the Packers' record with Rodgers off the top of my head, but I know it's a lot better than the 2-5-1 they went without him last year. Thompson either didn't have a good back up in place or McCarthy failed to develop him.
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stevein2012


Joined: 12 Jul 2013
Posts: 491
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlethall wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
The link only says "long term deal" without saying just how long term that deal is. I'm guessing 5 year deal?

Thompson deserves it though. He's put together a strong team in Green Bay who I think this year might actually not crumble in the playoffs.


And by strong team you mean Aaron Rodgers...because without Rodgers they are downright awful and prob the worst team in the NFC north


They did go 2-2-1 with a QB that couldn't even hold a back up job with the Raiders or Bills so they couldn't have been THAT bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group