Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys DE Demarcus Lawrence breaks foot!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Cowboys DE Demarcus Lawrence breaks foot! Reply with quote

So this happened. I was actually getting kind of excited about this guy to see what he could do, says an 8-10 week recovery time.

https://twitter.com/toddarcher/status/494345039682621440

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recovered from a broken right foot, did it last Aug. Base of the first metatarsal. 3 months in a walking boot. Dealt with pain for 6 months after getting out of boot. I was just able to start running this past May.

He will be dealing with this all season long. Just lovely, pass rush just took a big hit!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Championship! .....Of the 2015 draft.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Cowboys just can't stop injuries from piling up on the defensive side of the ball. What is going on over there? These last 3 yrs have just been absolutely brutal! Before pre season even starts Cowboys are already without their best defensive player in S.Lee and the top defensive draft pick smh. WOW! 3-13?

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our OL are monsters. Jesus, they even kill our own guys!

This actually really sucks for him. While he likely would have been a role player (and frankly, still can come back in the season and be that) the fact he will miss out on a vital camp as a rookie is what will stunt his early development.

Shame.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...also...cynicism aside...

This kind of fits in with our history of injured but talented second round players. Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

This kind of fits in with our history of injured but talented second round players. Laughing

What's funny is, I don't think he had any injury problems in college. So this is just kind of one of those fluke things.

And if our OL is doing this to our own players, hopefully that's a sign of what's to come for opposing defenses. Laughing

^^^mack
buckwild

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

What's funny is, I don't think he had any injury problems in college. So this is just kind of one of those fluke things.

And if our OL is doing this to our own players, hopefully that's a sign of what's to come for opposing defenses. Laughing

Just trying to figure out where the sacks will be coming from this year?

Most Melton has had in a season is 7, and that was playing next to Julius Peppers.

Offense better be in the top 5 if they want to have a chance at a winning record, and I believe Rod is a great coach but talent wins in the NFL someone can only be coached up so much.

Heard this on the Radio this morning, and surprised me that Cowboys haven't had winning record in 5 years.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Most Melton has had in a season is 7, and that was playing next to Julius Peppers.

Offense better be in the top 5 if they want to have a chance at a winning record, and I believe Rod is a great coach but talent wins in the NFL someone can only be coached up so much.

Heard this on the Radio this morning, and surprised me that Cowboys haven't had winning record in 5 years.

They haven't had a losing record in 4...

Melton should thrive in this scheme, so I think it's a safe bet to say about 7-10 sacks. Selvie had 8 last year.

You have guys like Crawford and Bass coming back who should be able to generate at least 4 or 5 sacks, if not more (especially Crawford). Mincey had 8 sacks in a season before, granted it was in 2011 - but still. Who knows what Spencer will be able to do if he is able to contribute this season. And I'd imagine we'll see the LBs and safeties be more active in getting after the QB as well.

^^^mack
DaBoys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Quote:
Lawrence suffered the injury in two-on-two pass rush drills at about the halfway point of practice. The rookie was working against Pro Bowl left tackle Tyron Smith, who dumped him to the ground before he came up limping.

Here is a video:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-DavidHelman/Tue-Practice-Recap-Lawrence-Out-With-Broken-Foot/ad77a4ef-5579-42a8-b06e-d572f873fef9

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
buckwild

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

They haven't had a losing record in 4...

Melton should thrive in this scheme, so I think it's a safe bet to say about 7-10 sacks. Selvie had 8 last year.

You have guys like Crawford and Bass coming back who should be able to generate at least 4 or 5 sacks, if not more (especially Crawford). Mincey had 8 sacks in a season before, granted it was in 2011 - but still. Who knows what Spencer will be able to do if he is able to contribute this season. And I'd imagine we'll see the LBs and safeties be more active in getting after the QB as well.

I will give you Crawford, but Bass was an UDFA which hasn't done much on the field. Melton was playing the same scheme in Chicago that he is playing here, and is going to have a career year in sacks coming off a ACL injury?

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
I will give you Crawford, but Bass was an UDFA which hasn't done much on the field. Melton was playing the same scheme in Chicago that he is playing here, and is going to have a career year in sacks coming off a ACL injury?

AP nearly broke the rushing record the year after his ACL injury. Melton was entering his third year as a starter when he suffered his injury. I think it's possible that, if healthy, it isn't out of the realm of possibility for him to add 2 or 3 more sacks to his career high.

^^^mack
Superfluous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you break your foot from falling down like that?
atran35

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It got jammed in the turf...plus a PRO BOWL LT tossing you like a ragdoll.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: