Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys DE Demarcus Lawrence breaks foot
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 3625
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Jeez so who takes his place? They are already pretty weak on the DL...


Jeremy Mincey and George Selvie will likely be the starters according to beat writers. Martez Wilson will be the primary backup. Lawrence is likely headed to the IR with the designation to return. He's not eligible for the PUP.

They also have Tyrone Crawford (2013 3rd Rd pick who missed the season due to Achilles injury), Ben Gardner (2014 7th Rd Pick) and Anthony Spencer (may not be ready for Week 1).

The Cowboys defense doesn't look pretty on paper but maybe Marinelli and Kiffin can find a way to put lipstick on a pig.
_________________
The Ultimate Fantasy Football Challenge
FootballsFuture Fantasy Scrubs League
Discussion Thread Link
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13384
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Jeez so who takes his place? They are already pretty weak on the DL...


Jeremy Mincey and George Selvie will likely be the starters according to beat writers. Martez Wilson will be the primary backup. Lawrence is likely headed to the IR with the designation to return. He's not eligible for the PUP.


No team should be starting George Selvie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27728
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Jeez so who takes his place? They are already pretty weak on the DL...


Jeremy Mincey and George Selvie will likely be the starters according to beat writers. Martez Wilson will be the primary backup. Lawrence is likely headed to the IR with the designation to return. He's not eligible for the PUP.


No team should be starting George Selvie.


He had 8 sacks last year and was overall a pretty good player for us.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20467
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
Winless for Winston?


I can get on board with that.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 28033
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8-10 weeks is only 4-6 games into the season.

Is THIS really the catalyst we're using to jab at the cowboys defense?
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KennyBania


Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 1138
Location: The Double 'O'
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
8-10 weeks is only 4-6 games into the season.

Is THIS really the catalyst we're using to jab at the cowboys defense?


A rookie missing all of training camp and a third of the year? How much effect will he have on the game when he returns?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 28033
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KennyBania wrote:
imani wrote:
8-10 weeks is only 4-6 games into the season.

Is THIS really the catalyst we're using to jab at the cowboys defense?


A rookie missing all of training camp and a third of the year? How much effect will he have on the game when he returns?


I'm quite certain I just highlighted that in the post you quoted.
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KennyBania


Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 1138
Location: The Double 'O'
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
imani wrote:
8-10 weeks is only 4-6 games into the season.

Is THIS really the catalyst we're using to jab at the cowboys defense?


A rookie missing all of training camp and a third of the year? How much effect will he have on the game when he returns?


I'm quite certain I just highlighted that in the post you quoted.


Well you made it seem like this loss wasn't news, and more of an excuse to pick on the Cowboys.

I think it's worthy of jabs. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14338
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Cowboys DE Demarcus Lawrence breaks foot Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/290799/cowboys-de-demarcus-lawrence-breaks-foot

Quote:
Cowboys DE Demarcus Lawrence has been diagnosed with a broken foot, and will be sidelined 8-10 weeks


And the poor get poorer. The Cowboys just can't catch a break (no pun intended).


C'mon, we all know the pun was intended.

Thats rough for the Cowboys, considering how bad their defense already is.
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 28033
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KennyBania wrote:
imani wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
imani wrote:
8-10 weeks is only 4-6 games into the season.

Is THIS really the catalyst we're using to jab at the cowboys defense?


A rookie missing all of training camp and a third of the year? How much effect will he have on the game when he returns?


I'm quite certain I just highlighted that in the post you quoted.


Well you made it seem like this loss wasn't news, and more of an excuse to pick on the Cowboys.

I think it's worthy of jabs. Laughing


I think the defense is worthy of them with or without Lawrence, but that's neither here nor there. Wink
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group