Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Gordon Drug Test Appeal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 5434
Location: WV
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:
One thing I don't get is the whole #freejoshgordon crap. He is in all this trouble because he couldn't lay off the bong and the purple drank or having a group of Friends who might be dumber than he is


Yeah, we get you hate him
Is he wrong tho? This whole series of events has been a perfect example of the lack of personal accountability for this generation, and you have been right there, the whole way, leading the charge.


Agreed.

As much as I like Gordon and hope we get him back, people need to realize that he is responsible for the majority of things that have led him to this point.

Even if this was 2nd hand smoke, he is still responsible for the multiple problems in college as well as his DUI and other failed tests.

Sure he may have changed, but it's still his fault that he is where he is.


he paid for the multiple college problems. he has paid for his other failed tests. his DUI is outstanding, but i betcha he'll pay for it.

doesn't give a rational person any reason to hate a man though... pretty ridiculous.


I honestly don't have nearly enough information to even slightly dislike the guy.

He smoked a lot of weed in college and at least been around it once since turning pro. He has a DUI that showed poor judgement and it was wrong but had he waited another 15 minutes (unless he had been driving awhile when pulled over) to drive he would have been legal to drive.

Those show poor judgement, at least for a football player.

None of those show that he is a bad guy. He may be, I don't know him at all but that information isn't available to me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19130
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:
One thing I don't get is the whole #freejoshgordon crap. He is in all this trouble because he couldn't lay off the bong and the purple drank or having a group of Friends who might be dumber than he is


Yeah, we get you hate him
Is he wrong tho? This whole series of events has been a perfect example of the lack of personal accountability for this generation, and you have been right there, the whole way, leading the charge.


ah yes, the classic baseless generational bashing- except for on average this generation is better with money, credit cards, saving as compared to the previous.

yes. he is wrong to HATE a man simply because he smoked weed and got suspended for his favorite football team... which is a GAME

hate is big, hate is real and hate is destructive to society
I'm not getting into whether Buno hates JG or not, I most certainly don't. I have been at the front of this from the beginning pleading for somebody to get JG some help, b/c he clearly has a problem. And yes this generation, or Gen Me, is known to have an issue with personal accountability. Its a pretty well known fact, especially with ERs.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 5434
Location: WV
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:
One thing I don't get is the whole #freejoshgordon crap. He is in all this trouble because he couldn't lay off the bong and the purple drank or having a group of Friends who might be dumber than he is


Yeah, we get you hate him
Is he wrong tho? This whole series of events has been a perfect example of the lack of personal accountability for this generation, and you have been right there, the whole way, leading the charge.


ah yes, the classic baseless generational bashing- except for on average this generation is better with money, credit cards, saving as compared to the previous.

yes. he is wrong to HATE a man simply because he smoked weed and got suspended for his favorite football team... which is a GAME

hate is big, hate is real and hate is destructive to society
I'm not getting into whether Buno hates JG or not, I most certainly don't. I have been at the front of this from the beginning pleading for somebody to get JG some help, b/c he clearly has a problem. And yes this generation, or Gen Me, is known to have an issue with personal accountability. Its a pretty well known fact, especially with ERs.


What? I was on my phone I didn't hear what you said.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a lot easier to make excuses for Josh Gordon than it is to make excuses for a lot of the ridiculous rules in the NFL.

Even if Josh Gordons guilty, a 16 game suspension is absurd. Should be 4 MAX for what hes testing for. And 70+ clean drug tests is basically harassment.

[removed personal drug story - keep it to football and Josh Gordon]
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19130
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
I think its a lot easier to make excuses for Josh Gordon than it is to make excuses for a lot of the ridiculous rules in the NFL.

Even if Josh Gordons guilty, a 16 game suspension is absurd. Should be 4 MAX for what hes testing for. And 70+ clean drug tests is basically harassment.

For the majority of America what he's testing for would mean losing their jobs. And no 70 times in a little more than a year is not harrassment. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. And no, just walking by it at a concert is not going to make you fail a test. Now being in a car, with the windows up, essentially smoking without smoking, that would make you fail a drug test. And if you failed a drug test because of that, knowing that it could cost you a years salary, or your ability to work at all, I would have no sympathy for you (as far as the failed test) either. Again, a shining example of a lack of personal accountability.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Hope-


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 21065
Location: The []_[]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:
One thing I don't get is the whole #freejoshgordon crap. He is in all this trouble because he couldn't lay off the bong and the purple drank or having a group of Friends who might be dumber than he is


Yeah, we get you hate him
Is he wrong tho? This whole series of events has been a perfect example of the lack of personal accountability for this generation, and you have been right there, the whole way, leading the charge.

lol

Josh Gordon is representative of an entire generation of people

okay
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31079
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:
One thing I don't get is the whole #freejoshgordon crap. He is in all this trouble because he couldn't lay off the bong and the purple drank or having a group of Friends who might be dumber than he is


Yeah, we get you hate him
Is he wrong tho? This whole series of events has been a perfect example of the lack of personal accountability for this generation, and you have been right there, the whole way, leading the charge.


ah yes, the classic baseless generational bashing- except for on average this generation is better with money, credit cards, saving as compared to the previous.

yes. he is wrong to HATE a man simply because he smoked weed and got suspended for his favorite football team... which is a GAME

hate is big, hate is real and hate is destructive to society
I'm not getting into whether Buno hates JG or not, I most certainly don't. I have been at the front of this from the beginning pleading for somebody to get JG some help, b/c he clearly has a problem. And yes this generation, or Gen Me, is known to have an issue with personal accountability. Its a pretty well known fact, especially with ERs.


No MBTL like just wants to sit on his high horse.

Josh Gordon the player, the WR, I have no problem with. Josh Gordon the person is what I have a problem with. Im sorry I really cant defend the guy when he has a history of failed drug tests and then you see him acting the way he does with the speeding tickets, getting caught with people in possession, and getting the DWI. He is trying to make the case that he tested positive because of second hand smoke...why the hell are you hanging out with someone who is smoking when you know you have millions of dollars on the line.

Also the free josh gordon stuff is crap. It has nothing to do with hating him or disliking him. Josh Gordon made his bed and now he has to lay in it. Why is he facing a 1year suspension and why is he being drug tested so much? Its not the NFL trying to pick on him, its because he has been a moron and put himself in the situation he is in because of his actions. I could see if Gordon was being falsely accused or being punished for something he didnt do but he is in the 3rd tier of the NFL substance abuse for a reason and still had a drug test, test positive.

Josh Gordon the WR, I will root for because him playing means positive things for the Browns but the crap he does off the field shows me of someone who is selfish.

So if you say I hate him, its not because of being busted for weed and is facing the suspension but its for all the crap he has done in the situation he is in. He has a chance to be a top5 WR in the NFL, be a huge role model for the franchise, and be a corner stone for the team but has off the field issues that make you scratch your head wondering how dumb a person can be
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16610
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinsforlife wrote:
Anyone think that the Ray Rice saga unfolding just days before this is helping Gordon, or do you think it has no impact?

I know the arbitrator is not affiliated with the NFL, but I can't help but think it might be impacting the appeal.


No idea. I do know the league is aware of the national groundswell of opinion that it is lenient on domestic abuse but rigid on marijuana use. Pretty much the opposite of how society as a whole is moving.

Also, the arbitrator is Harold Henderson, the NFL's VP of Player Development. He is very much affiliated with the NFL.
_________________

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 22400
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
phinsforlife wrote:
Anyone think that the Ray Rice saga unfolding just days before this is helping Gordon, or do you think it has no impact?

I know the arbitrator is not affiliated with the NFL, but I can't help but think it might be impacting the appeal.


No idea. I do know the league is aware of the national groundswell of opinion that it is lenient on domestic abuse but rigid on marijuana use. Pretty much the opposite of how society as a whole is moving.

Also, the arbitrator is Harold Henderson, the NFL's VP of Player Development. He is very much affiliated with the NFL.


Not to mention that the substance abuse consequences are documented and collectively bargained so there really isn't much wiggle room at all, if any. I personally don't think there's much to decide other than does this constitute as a "failed test" or not. If it does, I think he's done for a year. If not, I think he's off. I don't believe there's really much middle ground.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 46484
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:
One thing I don't get is the whole #freejoshgordon crap. He is in all this trouble because he couldn't lay off the bong and the purple drank or having a group of Friends who might be dumber than he is


Yeah, we get you hate him
Is he wrong tho? This whole series of events has been a perfect example of the lack of personal accountability for this generation, and you have been right there, the whole way, leading the charge.

lol

Josh Gordon is representative of an entire generation of people

okay


Yea, that's beyond a stretch.

phinsforlife wrote:
Anyone think that the Ray Rice saga unfolding just days before this is helping Gordon, or do you think it has no impact?

I know the arbitrator is not affiliated with the NFL, but I can't help but think it might be impacting the appeal.


No impact. As I said before, he's judging whether the failed test should stand. Not whether the punishment is fair compared to what conduct violators got.

The punishments are already laid out in the rules. If Gordon wants to reduce that, he'd have to make a deal.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16610
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
phinsforlife wrote:
Anyone think that the Ray Rice saga unfolding just days before this is helping Gordon, or do you think it has no impact?

I know the arbitrator is not affiliated with the NFL, but I can't help but think it might be impacting the appeal.


No idea. I do know the league is aware of the national groundswell of opinion that it is lenient on domestic abuse but rigid on marijuana use. Pretty much the opposite of how society as a whole is moving.

Also, the arbitrator is Harold Henderson, the NFL's VP of Player Development. He is very much affiliated with the NFL.


Not to mention that the substance abuse consequences are documented and collectively bargained so there really isn't much wiggle room at all, if any. I personally don't think there's much to decide other than does this constitute as a "failed test" or not. If it does, I think he's done for a year. If not, I think he's off. I don't believe there's really much middle ground.


Agreed. It's all or nothing.
_________________

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19130
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:
One thing I don't get is the whole #freejoshgordon crap. He is in all this trouble because he couldn't lay off the bong and the purple drank or having a group of Friends who might be dumber than he is


Yeah, we get you hate him
Is he wrong tho? This whole series of events has been a perfect example of the lack of personal accountability for this generation, and you have been right there, the whole way, leading the charge.

lol

Josh Gordon is representative of an entire generation of people

okay
I'm not saying that JG is representative of an entire generation, I'm saying these events and some of the posts regarding whether or not he's responsible for supposed "second hand smoke" are representative of the generation. A generation that has a since of entitlement last seen at the end of the baby boomers.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phinsforlife


Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 3179
Location: University of South Florida
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
I think its a lot easier to make excuses for Josh Gordon than it is to make excuses for a lot of the ridiculous rules in the NFL.

Even if Josh Gordons guilty, a 16 game suspension is absurd. Should be 4 MAX for what hes testing for. And 70+ clean drug tests is basically harassment.

For the majority of America what he's testing for would mean losing their jobs. And no 70 times in a little more than a year is not harrassment. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. And no, just walking by it at a concert is not going to make you fail a test. Now being in a car, with the windows up, essentially smoking without smoking, that would make you fail a drug test. And if you failed a drug test because of that, knowing that it could cost you a years salary, or your ability to work at all, I would have no sympathy for you (as far as the failed test) either. Again, a shining example of a lack of personal accountability.


Actually, I believe the majority of America would be ok. Most drug tests place the threshold at 50 ng/ML. Josh tested at 16.
_________________
GO BULLS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phinsforlife


Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 3179
Location: University of South Florida
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
I think its a lot easier to make excuses for Josh Gordon than it is to make excuses for a lot of the ridiculous rules in the NFL.

Even if Josh Gordons guilty, a 16 game suspension is absurd. Should be 4 MAX for what hes testing for. And 70+ clean drug tests is basically harassment.

For the majority of America what he's testing for would mean losing their jobs. And no 70 times in a little more than a year is not harrassment. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. And no, just walking by it at a concert is not going to make you fail a test. Now being in a car, with the windows up, essentially smoking without smoking, that would make you fail a drug test. And if you failed a drug test because of that, knowing that it could cost you a years salary, or your ability to work at all, I would have no sympathy for you (as far as the failed test) either. Again, a shining example of a lack of personal accountability.


Actually, I believe the majority of America would be ok. Most drug tests place the threshold at 50 ng/ML. Josh tested at 16.
_________________
GO BULLS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19130
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinsforlife wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
I think its a lot easier to make excuses for Josh Gordon than it is to make excuses for a lot of the ridiculous rules in the NFL.

Even if Josh Gordons guilty, a 16 game suspension is absurd. Should be 4 MAX for what hes testing for. And 70+ clean drug tests is basically harassment.

For the majority of America what he's testing for would mean losing their jobs. And no 70 times in a little more than a year is not harrassment. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. And no, just walking by it at a concert is not going to make you fail a test. Now being in a car, with the windows up, essentially smoking without smoking, that would make you fail a drug test. And if you failed a drug test because of that, knowing that it could cost you a years salary, or your ability to work at all, I would have no sympathy for you (as far as the failed test) either. Again, a shining example of a lack of personal accountability.


Actually, I believe the majority of America would be ok. Most drug tests place the threshold at 50 ng/ML. Josh tested at 16.
You missed the part where he said "Even if Gordon is guilty". If the majority of Americans failed a drug test they would lose their jobs. For some professions, it would mean losing the ability to do that job for an extended period of time.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group