Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Gordon Drug Test Appeal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
Legacyof52 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Wow. Disappointed in so many Browns fans after reading this thread. Cannot believe the lengths you guys will go to defend Gordon on this issue.

If you are disappointed in us for arguing the point that Gordon's penalty shouldn't be more than Rice's, who beat on his wife, or Leonard Little, who killed a woman, then nothing I can do to help you. If I ever see a woman getting beat and a guy across the street smoking a joint, Ill make sure to call the cops on the smoker, tell em jrry32 said its worse, and not likely that this is the guys first joint either.
The NFL isn't a court system, your example is horrible. You're making this an issue over which one is worse, and that isn't how things work in the real world. Gordon has had some issues since being in the NFL, which is what? 2 years? The NFL isn't giving them jury trials, so it doesn't matter if you think the Rice incident is worse.

IIRC, Gordon's appeal will be handled by an arbitrator, so it may not matter how the league wants to separate conduct/substance abuse in this case.

Well, it does. The Arbitrator isn't judging the fairness of the punishment compared to other punishments handed out. The rules are the rules and the consequences are the consequences. He's judging whether Gordon has a case for the failed test being thrown out and/or what consequences laid out in the rules Gordon deserves for failing his test.

Absolutely correct. Harold Henderson is the NFL VP in charge of the substance abuse and PED programs. This is his show, and he's being allowed to run it.

It has nothing to do with the Personal Conduct Policy. That one is all Goodell.

Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
the cut and dry appeal of josh gordon:

Quote:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 13m
Josh Gordon's hearing went from 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. It will continue Monday afternoon. #filibuster #chewbaccadefense #freejoshgordon

It's arbitration and he hired a damn good lawyer. You better bet that lawyer is going to put on a show for his client. Laughing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, there's still the matter of the DUI and the getting pulled over with a guy in possession of pot in the car.

That all falls under the Personal Conduct Policy. Even if Gordon is suspended by Henderson under the Substance Abuse Policy, he is by all rights still subject to additional discipline by Goodell.

Such is the cost of being stupid.

Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I don't get is the whole #freejoshgordon crap. He is in all this trouble because he couldn't lay off the bong and the purple drank or having a group of Friends who might be dumber than he is

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense! Josh Gordon, the alleged victim of this crime perpetrated by the NFL, knew that he would get in trouble for smoking marijuana...so why would he? IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!"

~Sir William Osler
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
the cut and dry appeal of josh gordon:

Quote:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 13m
Josh Gordon's hearing went from 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. It will continue Monday afternoon. #filibuster #chewbaccadefense #freejoshgordon

Soooooooooo.... yeah.

Dude's got a case. Or some good lawyers. Or both.

Odds of a full year suspension are now 0% IMO.
Why? Because he is being granted due process that he is legally entitled to per the CBA? His appeal will last as long as the lawyer wants it to. The length of the hearing has zilch to do with the results. The only way Josh Gordon can beat this, is to prove that somehow the test is invalid. He can't claim it was second hand smoke because he is admitting the validity of the test. He has to show that there was a break in protocol. His defense has never involved that. His defense has simply been, I didn't do it, but I was around people who did.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
One thing I don't get is the whole #freejoshgordon crap. He is in all this trouble because he couldn't lay off the bong and the purple drank or having a group of Friends who might be dumber than he is

Yeah, we get you hate him
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:

Is he wrong tho? This whole series of events has been a perfect example of the lack of personal accountability for this generation, and you have been right there, the whole way, leading the charge.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:

Is he wrong tho? This whole series of events has been a perfect example of the lack of personal accountability for this generation, and you have been right there, the whole way, leading the charge.

Agreed.

As much as I like Gordon and hope we get him back, people need to realize that he is responsible for the majority of things that have led him to this point.

Even if this was 2nd hand smoke, he is still responsible for the multiple problems in college as well as his DUI and other failed tests.

Sure he may have changed, but it's still his fault that he is where he is.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:

Personally, I just want him to play football. He is amazing and plays for my team, and I could give a damn about how many nanograms per milileter of any intoxicants he had in his body.

Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:

ah yes, the classic baseless generational bashing- except for on average this generation is better with money, credit cards, saving as compared to the previous.

yes. he is wrong to HATE a man simply because he smoked weed and got suspended for his favorite football team... which is a GAME

hate is big, hate is real and hate is destructive to society
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:

Agreed.

As much as I like Gordon and hope we get him back, people need to realize that he is responsible for the majority of things that have led him to this point.

Even if this was 2nd hand smoke, he is still responsible for the multiple problems in college as well as his DUI and other failed tests.

he paid for the multiple college problems. he has paid for his other failed tests. his DUI is outstanding, but i betcha he'll pay for it.

doesn't give a rational person any reason to hate a man though... pretty ridiculous.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:

Agreed.

he paid for the multiple college problems. he has paid for his other failed tests. his DUI is outstanding, but i betcha he'll pay for it.

doesn't give a rational person any reason to hate a man though... pretty ridiculous.

Who hates the guy? All i'm agreeing with is that the free Josh thing is a bit much.

If he had no previous offenses, this wouldn't even be an issue. It's his fault that he is looking at a year long ban insted of 0-4 games if this isn't overturned.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
phinsforlife

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think that the Ray Rice saga unfolding just days before this is helping Gordon, or do you think it has no impact?

I know the arbitrator is not affiliated with the NFL, but I can't help but think it might be impacting the appeal.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:

Agreed.

Who hates the guy? All i'm agreeing with is that the free Josh thing is a bit much.

If he had no previous offenses, this wouldn't even be an issue. It's his fault that he is looking at a year long ban insted of 0-4 games if this isn't overturned.

buno

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: