Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who will be the Cowboy's breakout players this year? O and D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DBoys4Life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Who will be the Cowboy's breakout players this year? O and D Reply with quote

IMO I think that Escobar and Harris will have their best years on the offensive side.

On the defensive side I think Anthony Hitchens will help out our LBs especially with Lee getting put on IR
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF Lance Dunbar stays healthy, he'll have a big season. He won't lead the team in rushing or anything, but he'll have some highlight reel plays.

I think it'll be J.J. Wilcox on defense. Having a full offseason at a position he's still relatively new at will help him big time.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm goin to put my money on Crawford on defense. This kid is built for this system. He is goin to be moved around from all 4 spots on the line to be put into some very favorable match ups.

On Offense, Escobar is goin to shut up his critics. Playing from the slot and outside will get him on slot of 1 on 1's against smaller DB's.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offensive

Terrance Williams ~ His work ethic seems to be drawing raves. Don't think he hits 1000yd mark, but think he improves enough that double teaming Dez becomes harder.

Defensive

Mo Claiborne ~ More hoping here than anything. Talent is there, just needs some confidence.

Bob Sturm wrote:
If you expect me to stop rooting against Philadelphia, their fans, or their football team, then lower your expectations. It won't happen.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
I'm goin to put my money on Crawford on defense. This kid is built for this system. He is goin to be moved around from all 4 spots on the line to be put into some very favorable match ups.

On Offense, Escobar is goin to shut up his critics. Playing from the slot and outside will get him on slot of 1 on 1's against smaller DB's.

I concur with your selections.

I also like the choices of Terrance Williams, Lance Dunbar, and JJ Wilcox.

I'm going to wait until I see it from Mo.

Harris has already broken out, as a player. But as an offensive weapon, he won't see enough snaps to have a big boost in productivity.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense-T. Williams. He surprised me as a rookie. I think if he can take the next step, along with Beasley and Harris (Dez and Witten go without saying) our recieving corp willbe down right scary.

Defense- I'm looking for Carter to break out this year. He showed some real ability to hit in his rookie year but seems to have gotten lost in the learning curve of playing in the NFL. Hopefully he has caught up to it and takes the next step.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess whoever had D. Lawrence wins. He broke out, literally.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Well I guess whoever had D. Lawrence wins. He broke out, literally.

Laughing ..... Evil or Very Mad

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin Escobar will have a nice year. I'm thinking 35 to 45 catches as a split option with Witten, Bryant and Williams on the field with him. Put Dunbar in the backfield for the threat of a screen, wheel or flare, and that group sounds like a pretty potent passing formation.

I fully expect Escobar to be used more in the slot than either of our 'third' receiver options. He is a better matchup offensively for us, and provides a better utility in the blocking game than beasley and co. as well, should we run from a 3 or 4 wide formation.

Defensively, I really like Tyrone Crawford as a potential 'quietly having a good season' kinda guy. He can work from theinside or the outside, has a wide array of moves to disengage blockers vs the run, and possesses some awesome leg drive to collapse pockets. While he probably won't have the tangible stat line that most will look for, with tackles, sacks, and TFLs - I fully expect to see him disrupting the pocket often, forcing runners to change lanes and take short losses, being a vital guy in a rotation all across that line.

Yes just like every coach, I do think I know everything.

Read the Football FAQ!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: