Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sanders pt. 2-Manning much better leader
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
shawn l brown


Joined: 22 Jan 2010
Posts: 857
Location: cleveland ohio us
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because you work harder does not make you better.

Here is my point Payton has always played bad in big games, and still does. If you think I'm blowing smoke just look at his play in big games. he play bad in college, and he played bad in 2 SB, a great regular season QB nothing more. Also he hate to take the heat for the team. I'm so great it has to be somebody fault other then mine. He threw Jeff Saturday under the train that was 200 cars long, you would never see Ben do that.

well Big Ben has learned to play good in big games. Take the first SB Ben was in, he played real bad. The next SB he played like a champ, the next one he played well and lost do to a fumble, and no line play.

If i need to win a game. I would take Ben every time. the reasons for that is he is a team player. He is a much better team player.

No Oline blame the game on his self, and players drop the ball he say it was a bad threw by him, and last someone fumbles the ball i called the wrong play. I will do better next time. who would you rather play for someone that has your back, or someone that throws you under the bus.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlaqOptic


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 31633
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's blind hate... There are several ways in which he could have responded to questions without throwing previous teammates under the bus. Good players do it/that often. Welker, and now Sanders, is a clear example of not what to do. Funny how it's Manning's receivers that run their mouths when they get to come and play with him.

A simple, and tactful way to answer the questions? I feel like right now I am gearing up for a Super Bowl run. Everyone here feels it and so we're putting in extra time. I'm spending extra time after practice with Peyton to do so.

Hell, he could've even said half the things he said and simply not say anything about Ben. But he took DIRECT shots saying Ben "never" stayed behind or rarely did so. The funny thing is, Ben and Antonio Brown have been on record for staying after practice to get better together. Sanders, however, was never mentioned in those reports... The production from Ben to AB vs Ben to Sanders pretty much corroborates that.
_________________
[quote="Ketchup"]I would cut off my legs if Rodgers threw 20 interceptions.[/quote]
- 7/24/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
I don't think it's blind hate... There are several ways in which he could have responded to questions without throwing previous teammates under the bus. Good players do it/that often. Welker, and now Sanders, is a clear example of not what to do. Funny how it's Manning's receivers that run their mouths when they get to come and play with him.

A simple, and tactful way to answer the questions? I feel like right now I am gearing up for a Super Bowl run. Everyone here feels it and so we're putting in extra time. I'm spending extra time after practice with Peyton to do so.

Hell, he could've even said half the things he said and simply not say anything about Ben. But he took DIRECT shots saying Ben "never" stayed behind or rarely did so. The funny thing is, Ben and Antonio Brown have been on record for staying after practice to get better together. Sanders, however, was never mentioned in those reports... The production from Ben to AB vs Ben to Sanders pretty much corroborates that.


That isnt why I made the "blind hate" comment.

Still, people tend to make bigger deals out of stuff like this when its players on other teams, especially when they used to be on someones favorite team.

Ben has made stupid comments to the media in the past. If he wasnt on the team, Steeler fans would be alot more critical than they are.

It was the same with Ryan Clark. He made some comments while still on the team, and while he got heat, he got it alot worse AFTER he left.

Sanders is gone. I think his comments were unnecessary and a slight to Ben. Still, he is a WR on a new team, trying to kiss up to kiss up to the guy who throws him the ball.

Lance Moore is a perfect example of how you SHOULD handle questions like that. He praised Ben but also gave credit to Brees and the Saints. Maybe Sanders was caught off guard. Maybe he isnt as eloquent. Maybe he just isnt that bright.

Point is, this is nothing to get worked up over.

As I said...let Sanders talk. His play on the field will speak louder than anything he can tell the media.

However, with comments like these, I WILL laugh at him if he doesnt ultimately have more success there.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 3210
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AB's response...
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11286349/antonio-brown-pittsburgh-steelers-rips-emmanuel-sanders-qb-comments
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CKSteeler


Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Posts: 3953
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like ESPN's inflammatory headline. Brown gave like a one sentence response.

It's interesting that Bettis defended Ben, as well. He's said some things in the past himself...

Quote:

And Im not sure why this needed its own thread. Couldve went in the other Sanders thread. A former Steelers doesnt need 2 threads, especially for petty nonsense like this.


It's not as if the forum is full of new threads at the moment. It's a story involving the Steelers. It's a comment on a reoccurring debate among Steelers fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CKSteeler


Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Posts: 3953
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanders took to twitter to respond to Brown:

Quote:
Emmanuel Sanders @ESanders_10
Lol I think it's funny when someone says that another individual that's not my mother/father has MADE me!! #youknowthetruth #letsbereal4once


1. I will never understand hash tags. I think it's the most retarded pop culture trend I've ever seen.
2. Is he trying to infer something there?
3. I really would like to see a Sanders Willis McGahee'd. Not for anything he said, but for dropping that past against Baltimore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:


It's not as if the forum is full of new threads at the moment. It's a story involving the Steelers. It's a comment on a reoccurring debate among Steelers fans.


More to do with the fact that Sanders doesnt deserve two threads.

And I changed my mind. At first I wished Sanders the best. Thats over now that I see what a complete d*bag he is. I dont wish injury on anyone, but I wouldnt shed a tear if it happened. Hope this guy flames out. I dont think he will, but it would make me happy.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 12806
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Emmanuel Sanders' recent comments about Peyton Manning being a "far better leader" than Ben Roethlisberger have caught attention.

Not only did media and fans rubberneck, but some of Sanders' former teammates in Pittsburgh also took note.

"Yeah, that was terrible," said receiver Antonio Brown when asked if he'd heard the comments.



Sanders spent his first four seasons in Pittsburgh catching 161 passes from Roethlisberger before signing with the Denver Broncos this offseason.

"You don't throw your quarterback under the bus, the guy who made you who you are," Brown said with a smile.

It's worth noting that Roethlisberger was a big reason the Steelers matched Sanders' offer sheet in 2013 when the receiver was a restricted free agent. Big Ben lobbied to keep the pass catcher in Pittsburgh last season, believing he could thrive with Mike Wallace gone.

Brown said he hasn't talked to Sanders yet, but doesn't have any hard feelings about the comments regarding his quarterback.

"Right now I'm singularly focused on our team getting better and winning," Sanders said. "...Emmanuel's my guy, and I'm sure he feels sorry for those words he put out."



Certainly can't call it blind hate when one of his former teammates actually agrees with me (indirectly) can you?
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Quote:
Emmanuel Sanders' recent comments about Peyton Manning being a "far better leader" than Ben Roethlisberger have caught attention.

Not only did media and fans rubberneck, but some of Sanders' former teammates in Pittsburgh also took note.

"Yeah, that was terrible," said receiver Antonio Brown when asked if he'd heard the comments.



Sanders spent his first four seasons in Pittsburgh catching 161 passes from Roethlisberger before signing with the Denver Broncos this offseason.

"You don't throw your quarterback under the bus, the guy who made you who you are," Brown said with a smile.

It's worth noting that Roethlisberger was a big reason the Steelers matched Sanders' offer sheet in 2013 when the receiver was a restricted free agent. Big Ben lobbied to keep the pass catcher in Pittsburgh last season, believing he could thrive with Mike Wallace gone.

Brown said he hasn't talked to Sanders yet, but doesn't have any hard feelings about the comments regarding his quarterback.

"Right now I'm singularly focused on our team getting better and winning," Sanders said. "...Emmanuel's my guy, and I'm sure he feels sorry for those words he put out."



Certainly can't call it blind hate when one of his former teammates actually agrees with me (indirectly) can you?


Where did Brown call Sanders a mediocre player and take several cheap shots at him? Calling him out for his comments had nothing to do with my "blind hate" comment.

I dont even like Sanders now...so hate away...but lets at least call it what it is.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThePrimeTime12


Joined: 11 Nov 2013
Posts: 3800
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is probably right, but as a Broncos fan, I kind of wish he would shut the f up by now. He has been talking all season and constantly on radio shows and everything. He should stick to competing with the outside WR spot before a rookie steals it from him especially when that rookie is probably already better.
_________________


^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11887
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Sanders took to twitter to respond to Brown:

Quote:
Emmanuel Sanders @ESanders_10
Lol I think it's funny when someone says that another individual that's not my mother/father has MADE me!! #youknowthetruth #letsbereal4once


1. I will never understand hash tags. I think it's the most retarded pop culture trend I've ever seen.
2. Is he trying to infer something there?
3. I really would like to see a Sanders Willis McGahee'd. Not for anything he said, but for dropping that past against Baltimore.


Sanders is being ignorant with that tweet. He knows exactly what Brown was implying when he made his comments.

This is going to make for good TV when the Steelers beat the Broncos in the playoffs. Sanders will then see the type of "leader" Big Ben really is
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ward4HOF


Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 3891
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here's the difference between Lance Moore and Sanders when it comes to response Tweets to those that are upset about original comments on comparison between current and former QB:

Moore:

Quote:
Everybody down south is mad now? Never said I disliked Drew or am not thankful for my time w him. Wouldn't be where I am w/o him. Chill out


Sanders:

Quote:
Lol I think it's funny when someone says that another individual that's not my mother/father has MADE me!! #youknowthetruth #letsbereal4once


Sanders could take a lesson or two from Moore...I hope Moore out produces Sanders this year. And while it would be childish, I'd love for Ben to make a comment on how much better a WR Moore is than Sanders.
_________________


Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
warfelg


Joined: 12 Jan 2014
Posts: 351
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know Sanders is a clown and more of a Wallace type than a Brown type.

I mean I wasn't upset with parts like the "Peyton stays late". Everyone knows that. Just because a guy works late doesn't mean he's a better leader on the field.

Then Sanders really dug himself a hole with that tweet. He knows what Brown meant. And he dug himself a hole because he knows there's no was he gets a contract without Ben.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3rivers


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 2346
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:


It's not as if the forum is full of new threads at the moment. It's a story involving the Steelers. It's a comment on a reoccurring debate among Steelers fans.


More to do with the fact that Sanders doesnt deserve two threads.

And I changed my mind. At first I wished Sanders the best. Thats over now that I see what a complete d*bag he is. I dont wish injury on anyone, but I wouldnt shed a tear if it happened. Hope this guy flames out. I dont think he will, but it would make me happy.



I don't wish injury, but in this case, lets say the best scenario is Sanders drops passes as usual and Manning throws him under the bus. Of course, the best time to do so would be in a playoff game vs us and the drop(s) costs the broncos the game.

I am glad he is gone, but was disappointed they let cotchery go since he and ben were really on the same page. By the sounds of it, WR is not an issue with us so good bye sanders, I never cared for his play anyways.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3rivers


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 2346
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
And here's the difference between Lance Moore and Sanders when it comes to response Tweets to those that are upset about original comments on comparison between current and former QB:

Moore:

Quote:
Everybody down south is mad now? Never said I disliked Drew or am not thankful for my time w him. Wouldn't be where I am w/o him. Chill out


Sanders:

Quote:
Lol I think it's funny when someone says that another individual that's not my mother/father has MADE me!! #youknowthetruth #letsbereal4once


Sanders could take a lesson or two from Moore...I hope Moore out produces Sanders this year. And while it would be childish, I'd love for Ben to make a comment on how much better a WR Moore is than Sanders.


Best time for that would be after we KO the broncos in the afc championship. I hope manning and brady never win a SB again. Sick of both of them. I want us to go in a the #6 seed and beat out ravens, cheaters and broncos in that order. Then seahawks in SB with wheaton burning past big mouth sherman.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group