Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sanders pt. 2-Manning much better leader
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Sanders pt. 2-Manning much better leader Reply with quote

Quote:
Sanders said on 104.3 The Fan in Denver that Manning’s leadership and determination to win goes far beyond that of Roethlisberger or any other teammate Sanders has ever had.

“I feel like Peyton is a far better leader, in terms of staying after practice, catching balls, wanting guys to get on the same page with him, things of that sort,” Sanders said. “This is the first time that I’ve had a quarterback that every single day after practice — no matter what his accolades, NFL MVP, Super Bowl ring — he keeps guys like me and [rookie receiver Cody] Latimer after practice. . . . He’s not one of those guys you’ve got to chase down. He’s going to be right in the same spot, ready to work, every single day. I just feel like that’s a difference from a mental standpoint.”

“I’ve got so much love for Ben,” Sanders said. “At the same time, I’m not going to lie. I’m happy to be part of this organization and happy that Peyton is my quarterback.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/28/emmanuel-sanders-peyton-is-a-far-better-leader-than-ben/

Sanders is going to be real happy when he's shown up by Manning when he screws up. Manning's not shy about showing his real emotions and letting the TV audience know who really screwed up.

That said, I have no doubt that Manning works harder.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has a big mouth and he needs to shut it. Period. Better leader? I disagree, works harder? No doubt. Anyone remember the Super. Bowl loss when. Peyton put the loss on the Oline? Leaders don't do that IMO. Peyton frequently does, right or wrong. Ben at least acknowledges when he has to play better.

Peyton is the better QB as a result of working harder so I can't disagree with that part of it. This crap makes me so glad Sanders isn't here anything. And to think someone criticized me in the last Sanders tread for suggesting he runs his mouth to much....hate to say if, but I told you so

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None story here IMO. Like you said, Manning prolly does work harder than Ben. Manning is obsessive. Besides, I'm willing to bet that Ben thinks AB works harder than Sanders. It's the classic "I'm better off" comment.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
None story here IMO.

You had me at hello... Wink

Not really surprised. Its honestly only been recently that you hear about Ben being a better leader.

After Ward, Farrior, more specifically Batch, and that group started fading out Ben was really thrust into the role. I'm not sure he really ever wanted it. But he seems to be adopting it more now.

Strengthening his arm, staying in better shape. Not really being a leader of men with those, but you hear he is much more involved now - like he gets it now.

Aside from that Payton is the epitome of hard work and leadership when it comes to game study and preparation.

No story here. Its a nod to Peyton, i don't consider it a slight to Ben.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't care. And jerry rice was a better WR than AB is. Big deal!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't matter what Sanders thinks at this point. Mike Wallace said some thing similar in regards to Tannehill and Ben. I'm sure Santonio Holmes made similar statements. Plaxico Burress has said similar things, so my point is that all WRs do this. But let this be known they all miss Ben in the end.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's he supposed to say.

Of course he's going to compliment the guy that's going to butter his bread.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A WR kissing his QBs butt? NO WAI1!!!!!

Remember back when Plaxico Burress left, he was badmouthing Pittsburgh and talking about how much he wanted to leave? Then he came back and claimed he never wanted to leave?

Players talk...too much. Take it with a grain of salt.

treat88 wrote:
What's he supposed to say.

Of course he's going to compliment the guy that's going to butter his bread.

Exactly what I came to say.

Even if he was playing with Tebow, Sanders would be praising him.

What Sanders thinks really doesnt matter. Its not going to help him catch critical passes and or help him when a physical DB starts manhandling him. His play on the field will do most of the talking.

And Im not sure why this needed its own thread. Couldve went in the other Sanders thread. A former Steelers doesnt need 2 threads, especially for petty nonsense like this.
BenderRodriguez

Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/thread

BIG BEN 122/177 68.9 comp % 1365 yds 7tds 2int 100.1 QB Rating Yeah that's not MVP @ all
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
688 Total Yards
460 yds Rushing 1 td
228 yards receiving (9.5 yard avg)
stillersenat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenderRodriguez wrote:

/thread

That obviously wouldn't have happened with Manning.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:

/thread

That obviously wouldn't have happened with Manning.

Not only do I expect it to, it wouldn't shock me if it happened twice in his first 16 games with Manning. He didn't need to compare Manning to Ben, which is what he did. He could have just left Ben's name out of it all together. It was absolutely a slight to Ben, a "I'm better offer here, than I was there" comment.

In part that might be true, but that doesn't make you a better WR. Peyton might make you look like a better WR than you actually are, I'll give you that, but in the end, you're still mediocre.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blind hate is strong here.
BenderRodriguez

Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

I don't hate him, I laughed. Manning is deranged, not many people prepare like he does.

BIG BEN 122/177 68.9 comp % 1365 yds 7tds 2int 100.1 QB Rating Yeah that's not MVP @ all
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
688 Total Yards
460 yds Rushing 1 td
228 yards receiving (9.5 yard avg)
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

I don't hate him, I dislike that he continues to feel the need to run his mouth. Great, you're not in Pittsburgh anymore, perhapsi it's time for you to stop talking about them before you become as bad as Ryan Clark.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Dcash4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

I don't hate him, I dislike that he continues to feel the need to run his mouth. Great, you're not in Pittsburgh anymore, perhapsi it's time for you to stop talking about them before you become as bad as Ryan Clark.

You understand the media asks these questions? He isnt running to twitter or calling his own press conferences to scream to the mountains that he loves Peyton and that he is so happy to be away from Ben.

Case of media asking a question, and getting an answer. Peyton is his QB now. Peyton is a ridiculously hard worker on and off the field in preparation.

The media drives these things. Its the fuel that causes ESPN to blow up - even on something that means, literally, absolutely nothing.

In one week, we wont ever think about this thread again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: