Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training camp chatter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
honest question, who said this?

The 'Guru' over at Steelfury was talking up Elkin and made the Troy comment. I couldn't resist the pot shot. I've said plenty of dumb [inappropriate/removed] in my time myself.

I agree completely on Hubbard regardless.

Quote:

If Howard Jones shows ANY promise, he needs to make the team over Chris Carter.

I haven't seen enough of Jones. He looked small to me (and looking him up, he is undersized for an OLB). Zumwalt also looked good and could be moved over to OLB.

But Carter should be done. If he isn't, I don't know what the coaches are seeing in him.

Quote:

Glad you could answer the question though instead of rambling on with a meaningless post.

Glad I can help. It wasn't a shot at you or anything. I shouldn't have said it.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenderRodriguez wrote:
I am willing to drive and kidnap a punter and drop him off in Latrobe.

YOUR WELCOME! Mad

*you're

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Elkins is still very much listed on the Steelers.com roster?

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was not waived. He was playing with the 3rd string in the Giants game. Hard to pick him out. He will be lucky to make the PS. Has short arms even for a guard.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
BenderRodriguez

Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was glad to see JJ being active, looks like Gilbert is up next for a contract.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/08/steelers-marcus-gilbert-contract-extension-2014-training-camp/

BIG BEN 122/177 68.9 comp % 1365 yds 7tds 2int 100.1 QB Rating Yeah that's not MVP @ all
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
688 Total Yards
460 yds Rushing 1 td
228 yards receiving (9.5 yard avg)
stillersenat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenderRodriguez wrote:
I was glad to see JJ being active, looks like Gilbert is up next for a contract.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/08/steelers-marcus-gilbert-contract-extension-2014-training-camp/

If it's more than 4 per, I'll lay a bet 43M will blow his stack. Laughing

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:

If it's more than 4 per, I'll lay a bet 43M will blow his stack. Laughing

Average for a Starting RT in the league is 5-7M. I expect about 6M/year.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
Chris Elkins is still very much listed on the Steelers.com roster?

I distinctly remember someone posting a comment in response to another poster asking how he was doing. The response was something about "grabbing his surfboard" cause he got waived. I didn't check if it was fact and just assumed it to be accurate. Maybe I misunderstood the post.

*Figured it out. My bad waffles7.....

waffles7 wrote:
gatek99 wrote:
How good is Elkins looking? Does he have a shot at 53 or PS? Or was he just dominant that one practice?

How is my boy Danny Coale doing? I know he won't make the squad since we have way to many solid WR, but he can be a hell of a slot if he stays healthy, dude has some mitts.

Well Tomlin & Colbert said pack up your mitts and grab your surfboard son because you just got waived.

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they seem set on the Gilbert contract. He did look to be in better shape, and his run blocking is underrated. He had a few real nice ones in that Giants game.

I'm still alarmed at how and who they give out 2nd-3rd contracts. If a guy waits until his contract year to get in shape when he's had issues in the past, that's worrisome.
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Well, they seem set on the Gilbert contract. He did look to be in better shape, and his run blocking is underrated. He had a few real nice ones in that Giants game.

I'm still alarmed at how and who they give out 2nd-3rd contracts. If a guy waits until his contract year to get in shape when he's had issues in the past, that's worrisome.

The players that finally get into shape for the contract season is something they should have in the new contract Razz Pay accordingly and if they are still on the team in the final year and they finally show up in shape, then Brick wall

If he gets 6M a season, that is a bad deal from what we have seen. Not even a starter in terms of play for much of the last few seasons. For some reason he was better as a rookie with a shoulder injury, or he was just much better than what we were accustomed to Laughing At least Gilbert has been durable, unlike the one RT we had that had some IR and still got his nice deal. Ooops, looks like GIlbert will get 6M as well.

If Munchak can get these player to play well, it is good. It would be nice to have " a starting RT", but from what I have seen we don't . How has he graded out compared to other "starting RT's" ?

Just leave come cab space in case OLB or other positions are in need of help in mid season .

As for the cap, if Gilbert signs and plays well, we could always make space at ILB since we have depth there. Reworking Bens deal should be more of a priority than Gilbert don't you think. QB deals keep going up, and that won't make Bens deal any less the longer they wait.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Quote:
honest question, who said this?

The 'Guru' over at Steelfury was talking up Elkin and made the Troy comment.

who is the Guru? I'm on that website all the time, I honestly don't know who you're talking about.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Guru' is a nickname he gave himself a while back when he was claiming that he was an All-American OL at MSU back in his prime among other bogus claims he's made about himself and his expertise. Now he just goes by FC. I still prefer my derisive nickname of the 'Guru.'

Everybody gets things wrong. Some do it habitually, refuse to admit it, and try to build up their credibility with tall tales about themselves.
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the healthiest I've seen our team during training camp in years. 88 players currently on the TC roster and 87 of them are in full pads/full participation. Jarvis Jones is the only one who sat out today. Not sure what he's dealing with but I couldn't imagine it's anything more than the coaches being cautionary.

**KNOCKS ON WOOD**

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
The 'Guru' is a nickname he gave himself a while back when he was claiming that he was an All-American OL at MSU back in his prime among other bogus claims he's made about himself and his expertise. Now he just goes by FC. I still prefer my derisive nickname of the 'Guru.'

so I assume you know FC then?
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Alex_Kozora: Howard Jones got reps as second team ROLB in that 11 on 11.

Goodbye Chris Carter

Quote:
@Alex_Kozora: Antonio Brown took exception to something in drills, threw a right hook at Richardson.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18

Jump to: