Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers sign WR Jordy Nelson to 4-year, $39M extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing Nelson talk throughout the years as a Packers and it's crystal clear that he's not all about the money. He knows that $39 million, on top of his previous earnings, is plenty to live however he chooses to after football. He's happy in GB as he's a small town guy and GB is in fact a small town as well. When he signed his first extension, he took a pretty deep discount from what he would have earned on the market. Nelson truly is a class act and I'm happy he'll be a Packer for another 5 seasons.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really just need to build a statue to Ted Thompson at this point. Amazing deal.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
At 29 years old I don't think that's the best move for Jordy Nelson. He could have got a lot more on the open market in what will probably be his last career payday

At 33 he can leave the Packers and get one small 2-3 year deal from a team where he can provide a solid #2 presence and a mentor to the younger guys coming on board.

It wasn't a great move by Nelson, but he'll stick make his money after this is all over.

down but not out. I still believe!
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordy already said he won't spend his last contract. He has more than he will ever need. And he clearly doesn't want to go down the same path as Favre/Jennings. Jordy will make tons of $$$ after his career by simply being a career Packer.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
TENINCH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
They really just need to build a statue to Ted Thompson at this point. Amazing deal.

No

"If I have to hurt some feelings Iím going to hurt some feelings. I donít really care. Because my feelings are hurt, too." --Mike Zimmer
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

No
Lets give this guy a medal for an A+ contribution to the thread. I mean really, your post is so thought worthy and full intelligence.

Next time, try and put a little more effort into posting instead of being lazy and typing two letters. Really, why even bother if that's all you're going to say.

TENINCH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

No
Lets give this guy a medal for an A+ contribution to the thread. I mean really, your post is so thought worthy and full intelligence.

Next time, try and put a little more effort into posting instead of being lazy and typing two letters. Really, why even bother if that's all you're going to say.

So you think there should be a statue to honor Ted in front of Lambeau Field?

"If I have to hurt some feelings Iím going to hurt some feelings. I donít really care. Because my feelings are hurt, too." --Mike Zimmer
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

No

He's a top 3 GM and is an absolute wizard when it comes to contract extensions and structuring. Should he have a statue? No, but you also took that comment a little to literally. If was purposely hyperbolic to point out that Thompson is a great GM.

That, and one word responses add nothing and are annoying. That's all my point was. I probably could have made that point without the sarcasm though.

TENINCH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:

That, and one word responses add nothing and are annoying. That's all my point was. I probably could have made that point without the sarcasm though.

Fair enough.

^ two words!! Wink

GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

No

I doubt he was serious. It was just a way of complimenting TT.

You only sound jealous by reacting like that. No need.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

No

He's a top 3 GM and is an absolute wizard when it comes to contract extensions and structuring. Should he have a statue? No, but you also took that comment a little to literally. If was purposely hyperbolic to point out that Thompson is a great GM.

Him being a top 3 GM is a stretch, i dont even know if I have him in the top 5. Drafting has tailed off and GB seems insistent on trying to fit square pegs in round holes, especially on defense. At the end of the day though, GMs are the top boss basically. Does it really matter if you have a fantastic money guy working for you or if youre that guy?
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

No

Him being a top 3 GM is a stretch, i dont even know if I have him in the top 5. Drafting has tailed off and GB seems insistent on trying to fit square pegs in round holes, especially on defense. At the end of the day though, GMs are the top boss basically. Does it really matter if you have a fantastic money guy working for you or if youre that guy?

The Packers have made the playoffs 6 out of the 9 years he's been the GM thus the Packers have been drafting towards the end of each round over most of those years so Thompson must be doing something right. Before you say "well that's all because of Rodgers" who in the hell drafted him when 22 others passed in 2005? Unfortunately for us one of the reasons why some of our draft picks haven't panned out lately is because of injury.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy about this. Had both Jordy and (AJ) Green in fantasy last season and their production was just about identical before A-Rod went down. This extension is well-deserved.

Lorde <33333333
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

I wouldn't give Ted Thompson any credit for this contract. I would give Jordy Nelson credit for being who he is and give Thompson the credit for drafting such a high class individual in the first place.

TENINCH wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

No

Yes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

No

The Packers have made the playoffs 6 out of the 9 years he's been the GM thus the Packers have been drafting towards the end of each round over most of those years so Thompson must be doing something right. Before you say "well that's all because of Rodgers" who in the hell drafted him when 22 others passed in 2005? Unfortunately for us one of the reasons why some of our draft picks haven't panned out lately is because of injury.

Theres a difference between doing something right and being a top 3-5 GM. As far as the draft/injury, even the guys drafted when healthy haven't perform like you would think a 1st/2nd rounder word. At least defensively. Perry, Worthy, and even Jones to an extent dont and didnt seem to fit GBs scheme.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: