Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens sign former Giants Safety Will Hill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame chicago didn't pick him up like I wanted. We seem to clean up troubled players and he's truly a talented safety.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
I honestly don't see how this signing can hurt them. It could very well help them however.

Seeing the details, I agree. Vet min with no signing bonus -- ie, no guaranteed money at all. So, if he screws up or we just decide we don't want him, 0 risk.

Only real cost would be the opportunity cost of another guy not getting a look/spot. As you mentioned, though, we're already a little thin at DB, so it's not like there are a ton of young, talented guys who might lose a roster spot over this move.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens coaches on Will Hill:

Quote:
I wish he was eligible for the first game," Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees said. "I tell you what, that guy is a good football player. Hes big, hes fast, he's smart. Hes been great in the classroom.

"You talk about a guy coming over from another team and catching on. From Day One, he knew what was going on just from sitting in the classroom and taking notes. Hes an impressive guy."

Added Ravens linebacker Josh Bynes: "Hes been very physical. He knows how to get to the ball. He brings that element to the game. Hes a quiet guy, but very, very, very active. We like him as a player."
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

organ donor wrote:

Quote:
I wish he was eligible for the first game," Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees said. "I tell you what, that guy is a good football player. Hes big, hes fast, he's smart. Hes been great in the classroom.

"You talk about a guy coming over from another team and catching on. From Day One, he knew what was going on just from sitting in the classroom and taking notes. Hes an impressive guy."

Added Ravens linebacker Josh Bynes: "Hes been very physical. He knows how to get to the ball. He brings that element to the game. Hes a quiet guy, but very, very, very active. We like him as a player."

Everyone knows he's a tremendous talent with great football instincts and IQ. What no one knows is the next time he is gonna get suspended and cost his team.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
organ donor wrote:

Quote:

Everyone knows he's a tremendous talent with great football instincts and IQ. What no one knows is the next time he is gonna get suspended and cost his team.

There's very little risk in signing a potentially elite player regardless of offseason issues. It's not like top safeties are easy to find. Good teams find inefficiencies and exploit them.
shotgundraw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he's suspended every season, so "offseason issues that impact the quarter of the season" would be a better description ....
There's no denying his abilities when he's on the field.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh man....looks like a super bowl run for the ravens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: