Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens sign former Giants Safety Will Hill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
organ donor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to PFF:

Quote:
Will Hill's +15.7 grade ranks second in the entire league for safeties. Opposing quarterbacks only had a 62.0 rating throwing at him as he allowed only 186 yards in coverage. He hit hard and he hit often. He was not a liability in any way shape or form, whether it be covering the deep ball, playing shallow rover, or while in run defense. A true star in the making.

If he stays clean, he's much more than just a camp body.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where people are getting "camp body" from, he's a talented player. If he doesn't mess up off the field again, he's a very good bet to make the roster and see PTin the second half of the season.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

organ donor wrote:
According to PFF:

Quote:
Will Hill's +15.7 grade ranks second in the entire league for safeties. Opposing quarterbacks only had a 62.0 rating throwing at him as he allowed only 186 yards in coverage. He hit hard and he hit often. He was not a liability in any way shape or form, whether it be covering the deep ball, playing shallow rover, or while in run defense. A true star in the making.

Well he also has to learn the system, too. There's no saying he makes the team and then learns the system and then beats out Matt Elam for playing time. That's a lot of things that have to go right for him in a short amount of time, honestly.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^He's a FS, so he has to beat out a journeyman former SS and a 3rd round rookie for playing time. Neither has much of a head start in the system.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
^He's a FS, so he has to beat out a journeyman former SS and a 3rd round rookie for playing time. Neither has much of a head start in the system.

I thought he was a SS... d'oh!

Meh, either way I don't expect much, and if he somehow comes in, learns the system and stays clear of drugs and then becomes something he was for a very brief time in NYG, then heck, all the power to us!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Probably a camp body in all honesty. Don't see the need for him at all especially with the suspension.
I don't think they would sign a guy with his suspension coming up if they wanted to use him as a camp body. Why not give that chance to someone who can play from day one, if it's just for that. I think the Ravens obviously feel he can contribute later on.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two Gators in the same backfield, chomp.

Oh Man we are so Miami Dolphin!
shotgundraw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was very good with us.

But getting suspended every year only gets you so far within an organisation. If he stays out of trouble, he could be a star (although that based on just 1000 snaps since he went undrafted in 2011).
Gmen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

organ donor wrote:
According to PFF:

Quote:

I'll go one step further. He is now their best safety. The issue is that he'll be out 6 games. I'm not surprised somebody took a chance on him. He makes playing safety look easy in the NFL. He's long, athletic, hits hard, and just knows how to play football. It's a shame he's an idiot.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good signing...talentwise anyway.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are underestimating how good of a player Will Hill is. I think it's fair to say that he is already the best safety on the Ravens.

Unfortunately he couldn't stay out of trouble on the Giants with three suspensions in three years. But he was a difference-maker when he was on the field. He was the most crucial piece that helped this defense do a complete 180 and go from a suspect to a formidable defense. He doesn't have any glaring weaknesses in his game and he can contribute in a multitude of areas, including special teams. He's as reliable as it gets on the field. Off of it, however...

If the Ravens are smart and he learns their system throughout preseason, he should be starting opposite Matt Elam at safety.

Here is a 6 minute highlight video of Hill's play for the Giants last year -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrAHGHA_1WE
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

organ donor wrote:
According to PFF:

Quote:

My stance on being a 'camp body' was more along the lines of when we signed him, and the kinds of players we typically sign for vet minimum, 0 guaranteed. We just lost Aaron Ross to injury and signed Hill who was clearly not being gushed over. Add that to his troubled past and I wouldn't doubt the Ravens, while he may stay on the roster post-camp, may never play him. Essentially, free depth just in case, rather than signing him hoping he can legitimately contribute. Similar to us signing Rolando a while back. Didn't mean it as in he's not talented, simply that we signed him without much expectation. Sorry if that came off wrong.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Hill- #sour.

Anyway, he's supremely talented, but can't keep his nose clean. Great signing for Baltimore if they can keep his head on straight

Thanks, Tzimisce
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't see how this signing can hurt them. It could very well help them however.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
I honestly don't see how this signing can hurt them. It could very well help them however.

Seeing the details, I agree. Vet min with no signing bonus -- ie, no guaranteed money at all. So, if he screws up or we just decide we don't want him, 0 risk.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: