Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marshawn Lynch expected to hold out.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical_Lions wrote:

They sign the contracts knowing full well how they often play out. If they do not like the way the contracts are composed then don't sign them.

And teams sign the contracts knowing full well that players often hold out when underpaid. If they do not like the way that players hold out, then don't sign them.

Fair?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Marshawn is going to get a lot more than what he's getting right now. The Seahawks 2 fully capable replacements waiting to get their share of playing time, and of course neither are Marshawn Lynch but the Seahawks can't afford to pay Lynch when they've got a lot of other players who aren't about to decline waiting to get extensions as well.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
The longer he holds out the longer Christine Michael has to prove he's the best back in Seattle.
Exactly. I don't get this for Marshawn at all.

Hold out of camp >>> lose money >>> end up losing PT to your backup >>> still get cut in a year

or

Go to camp >>> don't lose mopey >>> lose some PT to your backup but not as much >>> still get cut in a year

option #2 looks a lot better Laughing
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
SoS wrote:
The longer he holds out the longer Christine Michael has to prove he's the best back in Seattle.

Hold out of camp >>> lose money >>> end up losing PT to your backup >>> still get cut in a year

or

Go to camp >>> don't lose mopey >>> lose some PT to your backup but not as much >>> still get cut in a year

Marshawn has never been accused of being the smartest guy in the world. He's probably holding out for more skittles and Fireball, honestly.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
SoS wrote:

or

I don't know if he gets cut in a year. Ideally for Seattle fans, he'll realize that his abilities are waning this season (which isn't a foregone conclusion that they are, by the way) and accepts a restructured deal to be the thunder to Michael's lightning. That way we can use both guys on a 50/50 balance.

Honestly, I could see Lynch setting a career high in TDs this season. I think we'll mostly see Michael between the 20's when he does come in and when you consider Wilson is entering his 3rd year and we'll have Percy Harvin added to the offense, we should have quite a few more scoring chances in the redzone than years past.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
SoS wrote:

or

Marshawn has never been accused of being the smartest guy in the world. He's probably holding out for more skittles and Fireball, honestly.
and more ropes to put in front of his cars
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
BenderRodriguez

Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has no leverage here, he would be smart to show up and probably play what is his last year there.

BIG BEN 122/177 68.9 comp % 1365 yds 7tds 2int 100.1 QB Rating Yeah that's not MVP @ all
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
688 Total Yards
460 yds Rushing 1 td
228 yards receiving (9.5 yard avg)
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
SoS wrote:

or

Frankly, I think he just overestimates his value.

I'm betting he thinks the team can't move forward without him, when frankly, if I'm Seattle, i don't really feel like losing Lynch makes the team win fewer games, or makes the rushing attack much less potent.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
28 catches, 352 yards, 3 TDs
shotgundraw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
I'm betting he thinks the team can't move forward without him, when frankly, if I'm Seattle, i don't really feel like losing Lynch makes the team win fewer games, or makes the rushing attack much less potent.

It's hard for outsiders to know about that, we didn't really se a lot of Christine Mickael in the NFL.
*Maybe* the coaches know more than we do ...
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Typical_Lions wrote:

They sign the contracts knowing full well how they often play out. If they do not like the way the contracts are composed then don't sign them.

And teams sign the contracts knowing full well that players often hold out when underpaid. If they do not like the way that players hold out, then don't sign them.

Fair?
For the longest time players had requested longer contracts to get larger guaranteed money up front. That didn't stop them from complaining towards the end of their contract when they were no longer near the top of the highest paid players list.
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Typical_Lions wrote:

Fair?

No. It's not. The idea that you can be fired from your job for not performing is pretty well understood...so if players play to a standard less than their paycheck, they get released. There is no clause for the reverse, for simply not turning up because you want more money.

One of those is in breech of contract, and one of those is not.

Additionally, guaranteed money is just that - guaranteed - there is no guaranteed fitness, no guaranteed standard of play. The team is the one taking on all the risk, so of course they retain the option to cut short that risk. If and when that happens, the player still gets his money.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 40 Yards: 558 TDs: 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: