Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marshawn Lynch expected to hold out.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
I think some one is jelly of the contract that KC gave there RB

Yep...

And Lynch doesn't have NEAR the leverage or justification that Charles had.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
56 catches, 747 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, and one fumble that wasn't a fumble
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
SoS wrote:
The longer he holds out the longer Christine Michael has to prove he's the best back in Seattle.

U can't believe this, can u? Marshawn is so good

I'm not saying one way or another. But he certainly has that type of ability and it wouldn't surprise Seattle fans if Michael looked better in 2014. Lynch is getting pretty long in the tooth and it's unclear how long he can excel as a pure bruising back with below average burst. Michael has truly elite lateral agility and acceleration.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect the Seahawks to let this play out and not give him anything. It should play out how MJD's holdout played out a couple years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the floor dropped out on him this year the same way it did on MJD that year.

Completely understand why he's trying to get some extra dough, but the Seahawks realize the same thing. He's right at that 7,000 yard mark where many RBs start to fall apart. Coupled with his bruising style of play and the fact he has been over 300 carries each of the past two years, his rapid decline is very likely coming up this or next year. He hasn't hit the 330 carry mark that seems to almost always spell the demise of a player within a couple years, but he's been close and 616 over the past two years could be too much.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh - wake me up if he starts missing regular season games.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
WorldChampsHawk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all going to lose him Twisted Evil

Just kidding, it's a non story for me
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a serious question for Seahawks Fans and I ask this sincerely because I haven't seen enough of their backups to know the answer; How good is that running game WITHOUT Marshawn Lynch?

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
shotgundraw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not Seahawks fan but considering Lynch took 72% of the RB snaps in Seattle over the last 2 seasons, I'd say "who knows ?".

Next in line has been Turbin (24%) who hasn't show much (either good of bad).
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Lynch got a front-loaded deal after performing at a high level for only half a season that gave him 17 mil over the first 2 years (8.5 per year). Now he wants more money when the deal becomes more team friendly and brings his per year down to a "measly" 7.5m per year? Not that I don't understand his reasoning, but its not like I'm feeling sorry for him...he has been compensated fairly.

The ol' Lance Briggs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
I have a serious question for Seahawks Fans and I ask this sincerely because I haven't seen enough of their backups to know the answer; How good is that running game WITHOUT Marshawn Lynch?

From a pragmatic Seahawks fan
- There's a lot of praise being heaped onto Christine Michael but we haven't seen him do it in the NFL. His college game tape and pre-season highlights instill a lot of hope that he could be a truly special talent. But it's too easy to just say the team wouldn't miss a beat without Lynch.

The O-Line is average and I credit scheme and coaching for making them better than they actually are but I also know that injuries have played a major role over the last couple of years.

Turbin is just a guy and best suited for 3rd down and ST work. I think if we took Lynch out of the equation my only concern would be depth. I think Michael could likely match or at least come near the production we expect from Lynch this year. But if he gets hurt - we have a major problem. I'm excited to see what Michael can do but if we don't have Lynch and Michael gets hurt we're likely looking at a Turbin/Spencer Ware duo at RB.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff like this is irritating to me. Sign a contract that spells out excatly what you will make year 1, year 2, year 3... so you know what you will make when you sign it...

And holdout half way thru the contract because you want more???

I get that at times owners have more leverage and more power but things like this should not be allowed to happen.

IDC if you outperform your contract! You signed it, own up to it. Don't sign contracts over a year or two if you are going to pull stuff like this.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Meeker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:

Last season he was our running game. Our oline was terrible, dealing with injuries all year. Okung missed 8 games and was not the same when he did come back. Unger missed 3 games and played injured and was no where near what he was the year before. Giacomini missed 7 games. Those were our 3 best lineman. Lynch was getting very little room to work with and often getting met in the backfield by defenders. Despite the significant drop in stats from 2012 to 2013, he might have been even more impressive in 2013. The proven depth behind him isn't there. Turbin is the only one who has seen a decent amount of snaps and has proven to be an adequate 3rd down back, but not impressed as a runner. Christine is an absolute athletic freak, but has almost no experience. We should expect an improved offensive line with less injuries, continuity, and more experience in the system.

As of now it would be a massive blow.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/i think he'll be back in time for the season.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Stuff like this is irritating to me. Sign a contract that spells out excatly what you will make year 1, year 2, year 3... so you know what you will make when you sign it...

And holdout half way thru the contract because you want more???

I get that at times owners have more leverage and more power but things like this should not be allowed to happen.

IDC if you outperform your contract! You signed it, own up to it. Don't sign contracts over a year or two if you are going to pull stuff like this.

Think of it like this -
You sign a contract to be the Head of Human Resources for your company and you'll get paid 100k a year for the next 3 years.
Year one is great, you do whatever it is people in HR do.
Year two a couple of people quit and suddenly you're taking on more responsibility, working longer hours with more expectations and goals to be met.
Year three there's a re-structuring and now you're expected to be the head of HR and also the Marketing Director.

Should you still get paid 100K a year? Or should you ask for a raise?
I'm not suggesting Marshawn's situation is like this but your reasoning is flawed. Marshawn signed a front-loaded contract - that's the problem here.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
SoS wrote:
The longer he holds out the longer Christine Michael has to prove he's the best back in Seattle.

I'm not saying one way or another. But he certainly has that type of ability and it wouldn't surprise Seattle fans if Michael looked better in 2014. Lynch is getting pretty long in the tooth and it's unclear how long he can excel as a pure bruising back with below average burst. Michael has truly elite lateral agility and acceleration.

Everybody loves the backup....until they actually have to perform.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
clubmember

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
SoS wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
SoS wrote:

Everybody loves the backup....until they actually have to perform.

True... But until then we are extremely excited. Based on combine numbers, Michael is the most athletic back in the NFL, and he's electrifying with the ball in his hands. He also fits the system better than Lynch, even though all Hawk fans will miss Lynch's crazy tackle breaking ability.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: