Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Battle #3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be the starting Safety combo Week 1?
Calvin Pryor/Antonio Allen
57%
 57%  [ 12 ]
Calvin Pryor/Dawan Landry
38%
 38%  [ 8 ]
Dawan Landry/Antonio Allen
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Training Camp Battle #3 Reply with quote

Since the Safety position will likely be a rotation, I will group it together as a whole. Landry is a Rex Ryan favorite and has the smarts and experience. AA broke out as a starter last season and Louisville Slugger is getting a lot of hype coming into the season. They all fit different roles so Rex will mix and match, and play 3 S packages like usual. The question is what two guys will be the FS/SS combination starters in Base? I know Landry has a big edge over Pryor because of experience and Pryor has an edge over AA because of talent so we have an interesting Rock, Paper, Scissors issue here. (not RPS to see who is better, but one guy has a weakness and strength over the other two)

I honestly cannot see Rex keeping Pryor out of the lineup much because of his intensity, talent and versatility. Then we have AA who is great against the TE and in the box. I think Landry's perfect spot is filling in at SS when we roll with 3 TEs and AA moves to a Nickel S role. So I think Pryor/AA will be the combo in base. Not sure about Ed Reed, is he even on the team?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree and no, last time I looked Reed still wasn't signed
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going with Pryor/AA.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Pryor and AA. Landry will see plenty of time though. I really want Miles to step up and take Jarrett's other reserve spot.

Props to Mack on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor & Landry. Landry is still the leader of the group and the signal caller. Rex won't bench him until he is fully confident in Pryor's ability to lead the group.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor is going to start because they want to groom this kid into being an animal and leader, and that'll involve a lot of playing time and potential hiccups this year. For the other spot I say Allen because we need him in the role of matching up with a receiving TE in a lot of games and he helps our Pass Defense (our weakness last year) more than Landry. Landry will still find his time though, both in rotating in and 3-safety sets
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we start with the youngsters and when one or the other slips up Landry will get more snaps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: