Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs make Jamaal Charles 2nd-highest paid RB in the NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He deserves it so much. Love his game. Glad he got his and it never got close to getting messy for the team or the player. That's how it should be.

Kempes on the custom sig!
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Why are you guys arguing with me?

because it's been shown you are wrong, probably
Morkim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:
I remember back when Pioli signed him to that deal a couple years ago, and Iwas pissed as a raider fan because he signed for a complete bargain. Hopefully this time around, he gets paid like the elite player that he is.

The Chiefs still have to pay Justin Houston, Eric Berry and Alex Smith wants a new deal too. Their GM has his work cut out for him as they dont have much cap to work with.

That Dwayne Bowe contract is looking pretty bad right now. I always thought he was just a good receiver, not elite or ever been on the verge of becoming elite.

I don't think there's any chance Justin Houston or Alex Smith get paid.

I should clarify the Justin Houston thing. That's assuming they don't want to let go of Hali.

Why would you assume Houston would be on the outs? I'd almost be certain they'd pay him before keeping Hali and maybe Berry.

As to the calling Chiefer wrong for his bargain basement comment, JC was underpaid and out performed his contract. All's you're doing is mincing words and getting overly technical for how he said what most people agree with.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morkim wrote:

As to the calling Chiefer wrong for his bargain basement comment, JC was underpaid and out performed his contract. All's you're doing is mincing words and getting overly technical for how he said what most people agree with.
I don't understand why nobody else can get it, thanks bro.

EDIT:

Posting this to stay on topic, a big reason right here why he's a Chief for the next 4 years. Perfect fit in Reid's offense. What's awesome is he's only got like 1000ish carries under his belt at 27, he's still got plenty in the tank.
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles may be old for a RB but he barely has over 1000 carries to his name. Conversely, Peterson is a year older but has 1000 more carries.
game3525

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Why are you guys arguing with me?

I think Charles deserves Peterson money, he's definitely in that tier for sure. I'm also glad he's not getting that much, because that would be horrible at 28.

He was getting paid 3-5 mill a year previously. I think that's bargain basement in my opinion yeesh compared to 15. Guys been the offense for years when a horrible QB like Cassel was reigning in all the dough. A Travesty, congrats JC, you're finally making close to what you are worth from this team finally.

Now get that KC Rushing Title next season, against the Broncos in week 2 would be ideal.

Ha, Peterson doesn't even deserve Peterson money.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great deal for KC, not surprised he is the 2nd highest paid guy though considering AP is getting a bit much

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
Charles may be old for a RB but he barely has over 1000 carries to his name. Conversely, Peterson is a year older but has 1000 more carries.

Yep. Between his age and workload, I think this contract is really just the right length for KC>

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
20 catches, 274 yards, 3 TDs
TomRalph

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:
I remember back when Pioli signed him to that deal a couple years ago, and Iwas pissed as a raider fan because he signed for a complete bargain. Hopefully this time around, he gets paid like the elite player that he is.

The Chiefs still have to pay Justin Houston, Eric Berry and Alex Smith wants a new deal too. Their GM has his work cut out for him as they dont have much cap to work with.

That Dwayne Bowe contract is looking pretty bad right now. I always thought he was just a good receiver, not elite or ever been on the verge of becoming elite.

I should clarify the Justin Houston thing. That's assuming they don't want to let go of Hali.

Hali is gone. They drafted Dee Ford for a reason.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:

Hali is gone. They drafted Dee Ford for a reason.

Yep to this, too. We save $9 million if we cut Hali next offseason. That alone will cover what we need to give Houston.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
20 catches, 274 yards, 3 TDs
RandomCampBody

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
I think Charles should be paid like 15 mill a year, so yeah bargain basement

That's not bargain basement, that's you over valuing a player. There's a very big difference.

Positional value he isn't worth that but for what he does for the chiefs he is worth 15m a year.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:

I was literally waiting (as I was reading this thread) for someone to take a jab at Peterson.

When he's 35 years old and still getting 1000 yds in a season, then you'll have to zip it, son. Peterson is worth Peterson money.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
When he's 35 years old and still getting 1000 yds in a season, then you'll have to zip it, son. Peterson is worth Peterson money.

dat kool aid...so strong Laughing

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
game3525 wrote:

I was literally waiting (as I was reading this thread) for someone to take a jab at Peterson.

That's not a jab at Peterson. Some people just don't value the RB position that highly.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 34 receptions, 278 yards, 1 first downs, 1 TD - 5 rushes, 64 yards, 3 first downs
Corey White - 29 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 fumble recovery
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
disaacs wrote:

dat kool aid...so strong Laughing

It's not Kool-Aid. If there is any RB that can do that, it's going to be AD. He is physically gifted like no other RB we've ever seen.

And I like Jamaal. He's a good guy. I'm not a huge Chiefs fan, living in the area as I do, but he's one of them that I like.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: