Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs make Jamaal Charles 2nd-highest paid RB in the NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 14090
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He deserves it so much. Love his game. Glad he got his and it never got close to getting messy for the team or the player. That's how it should be.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 31662
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Why are you guys arguing with me?


because it's been shown you are wrong, probably
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morkim


Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Posts: 770
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:
I remember back when Pioli signed him to that deal a couple years ago, and Iwas pissed as a raider fan because he signed for a complete bargain. Hopefully this time around, he gets paid like the elite player that he is.

The Chiefs still have to pay Justin Houston, Eric Berry and Alex Smith wants a new deal too. Their GM has his work cut out for him as they dont have much cap to work with.

That Dwayne Bowe contract is looking pretty bad right now. I always thought he was just a good receiver, not elite or ever been on the verge of becoming elite.

I don't think there's any chance Justin Houston or Alex Smith get paid.

I should clarify the Justin Houston thing. That's assuming they don't want to let go of Hali.


Why would you assume Houston would be on the outs? I'd almost be certain they'd pay him before keeping Hali and maybe Berry.

As to the calling Chiefer wrong for his bargain basement comment, JC was underpaid and out performed his contract. All's you're doing is mincing words and getting overly technical for how he said what most people agree with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 11376
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morkim wrote:

As to the calling Chiefer wrong for his bargain basement comment, JC was underpaid and out performed his contract. All's you're doing is mincing words and getting overly technical for how he said what most people agree with.
I don't understand why nobody else can get it, thanks bro.



EDIT:


Posting this to stay on topic, a big reason right here why he's a Chief for the next 4 years. Perfect fit in Reid's offense. What's awesome is he's only got like 1000ish carries under his belt at 27, he's still got plenty in the tank.
_________________
Adopt-A-Chief: Albert Wilson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 4413
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles may be old for a RB but he barely has over 1000 carries to his name. Conversely, Peterson is a year older but has 1000 more carries.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
game3525


Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Posts: 5970
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Why are you guys arguing with me?

I think Charles deserves Peterson money, he's definitely in that tier for sure. I'm also glad he's not getting that much, because that would be horrible at 28.

He was getting paid 3-5 mill a year previously. I think that's bargain basement in my opinion yeesh compared to 15. Guys been the offense for years when a horrible QB like Cassel was reigning in all the dough. A Travesty, congrats JC, you're finally making close to what you are worth from this team finally.

Now get that KC Rushing Title next season, against the Broncos in week 2 would be ideal.


Ha, Peterson doesn't even deserve Peterson money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83771
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great deal for KC, not surprised he is the 2nd highest paid guy though considering AP is getting a bit much
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 9434
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
Charles may be old for a RB but he barely has over 1000 carries to his name. Conversely, Peterson is a year older but has 1000 more carries.


Yep. Between his age and workload, I think this contract is really just the right length for KC>
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
20 catches, 274 yards, 3 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TomRalph


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 11029
Location: Deadpulse on the Sig
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:
I remember back when Pioli signed him to that deal a couple years ago, and Iwas pissed as a raider fan because he signed for a complete bargain. Hopefully this time around, he gets paid like the elite player that he is.

The Chiefs still have to pay Justin Houston, Eric Berry and Alex Smith wants a new deal too. Their GM has his work cut out for him as they dont have much cap to work with.

That Dwayne Bowe contract is looking pretty bad right now. I always thought he was just a good receiver, not elite or ever been on the verge of becoming elite.

I don't think there's any chance Justin Houston or Alex Smith get paid.

I should clarify the Justin Houston thing. That's assuming they don't want to let go of Hali.


Hali is gone. They drafted Dee Ford for a reason.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 9434
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:
I remember back when Pioli signed him to that deal a couple years ago, and Iwas pissed as a raider fan because he signed for a complete bargain. Hopefully this time around, he gets paid like the elite player that he is.

The Chiefs still have to pay Justin Houston, Eric Berry and Alex Smith wants a new deal too. Their GM has his work cut out for him as they dont have much cap to work with.

That Dwayne Bowe contract is looking pretty bad right now. I always thought he was just a good receiver, not elite or ever been on the verge of becoming elite.

I don't think there's any chance Justin Houston or Alex Smith get paid.

I should clarify the Justin Houston thing. That's assuming they don't want to let go of Hali.


Hali is gone. They drafted Dee Ford for a reason.


Yep to this, too. We save $9 million if we cut Hali next offseason. That alone will cover what we need to give Houston.
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
20 catches, 274 yards, 3 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandomCampBody


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 2223
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
I think Charles should be paid like 15 mill a year, so yeah bargain basement


That's not bargain basement, that's you over valuing a player. There's a very big difference.


Positional value he isn't worth that but for what he does for the chiefs he is worth 15m a year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 22900
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
Ha, Peterson doesn't even deserve Peterson money.


I was literally waiting (as I was reading this thread) for someone to take a jab at Peterson.

When he's 35 years old and still getting 1000 yds in a season, then you'll have to zip it, son. Peterson is worth Peterson money.
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
-Hope-


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 21577
Location: The []_[]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
When he's 35 years old and still getting 1000 yds in a season, then you'll have to zip it, son. Peterson is worth Peterson money.

dat kool aid...so strong Laughing
_________________

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 4813
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
game3525 wrote:
Ha, Peterson doesn't even deserve Peterson money.


I was literally waiting (as I was reading this thread) for someone to take a jab at Peterson.

When he's 35 years old and still getting 1000 yds in a season, then you'll have to zip it, son. Peterson is worth Peterson money.


That's not a jab at Peterson. Some people just don't value the RB position that highly.
_________________


2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 34 receptions, 278 yards, 1 first downs, 1 TD - 5 rushes, 64 yards, 3 first downs
Corey White - 29 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 fumble recovery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 22900
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
disaacs wrote:
When he's 35 years old and still getting 1000 yds in a season, then you'll have to zip it, son. Peterson is worth Peterson money.

dat kool aid...so strong Laughing


It's not Kool-Aid. If there is any RB that can do that, it's going to be AD. He is physically gifted like no other RB we've ever seen.

And I like Jamaal. He's a good guy. I'm not a huge Chiefs fan, living in the area as I do, but he's one of them that I like.
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group