Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wake up!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say I don't know a damn thing about Archer, if I've ever seen him play, I don't know it. Honestly, while I follow college football he just isn't a guy I'm familiar with. From watching Rainey, he had speed and hype, not much else, his other skills were very limited, as was his ceiling. Based on what I've read and heard of Archer, he has a lot more to offer a team than Rainey did.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
I can honestly say I don't know a damn thing about Archer, if I've ever seen him play, I don't know it. Honestly, while I follow college football he just isn't a guy I'm familiar with. From watching Rainey, he had speed and hype, not much else, his other skills were very limited, as was his ceiling. Based on what I've read and heard of Archer, he has a lot more to offer a team than Rainey did.

Rainey had track speed.

Not to say he wasnt fast on the field but it didnt translate well.

He also had very little wiggle, no vision to speak of and while he caught balls out of the backfield decently wasnt half the pass catcher Archer is.

I was actually higher on the Rainey pick though AT THE TIME, if only because we picked him later and didnt have quite as many needs. Archer IMO is the better player though, but a scat back in the 3rd with all of our needs was not a great pick. Hopefully Archer can do something to make me not care about that.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You worded it much better and much more accurately than I did 43M, I agree with your entire post.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: