Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets sign former Eagles, Titans, Jaguars LB/DE Jason Babin
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Jets sign former Eagles, Titans, Jaguars LB/DE Jason Bab Reply with quote

[quote="Billy Spikes"][quote]

Babin is just 2 seasons removed from a 18-sack campaign and recorded 7.5 sacks in 2013 for the Jaguars. He has experience in the 3-4 from earlier in his career with the Texans.

Problem is, he sucked in the 3-4. It doesn't matter if he's familiar with it if he still sucks at it.

If the Jets just use him on 3rd-and-longs with him rushing from out wide, then yeah that sounds okay. But if they expect him to really contribute other than that they're going to be disappointed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Jets sign former Eagles, Titans, Jaguars LB/DE Jason Bab Reply with quote

[quote="Withmy89vision"][quote="Billy Spikes"]
Quote:

Babin is just 2 seasons removed from a 18-sack campaign and recorded 7.5 sacks in 2013 for the Jaguars. He has experience in the 3-4 from earlier in his career with the Texans.

Problem is, he sucked in the 3-4. It doesn't matter if he's familiar with it if he still sucks at it.

If the Jets just use him on 3rd-and-longs with him rushing from out wide, then yeah that sounds okay. But if they expect him to really contribute other than that they're going to be disappointed

They had the best run defense in the league last year. I think Rex will know how to use him. He's nothing more than a rusher at this point, if we all see that I'm sure Rex does too.

Jets run a lot of mixed sets, they are not a 3-4 team, that's just a label.

Props to Mack on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Jets sign former Eagles, Titans, Jaguars LB/DE Jason Bab Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

It's not like he'll be playing any sort of a traditional 3-4 OLB role. He'll be a DPR.
Legacyof52

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
flash22 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
flash22 wrote:
training camp body.
25.5 sacks in the past two years isn't a camp body. He's definitely making that team.

We're talking about jason babin right?
My numbers were off. Skipped right over 2012. Either way, he's not someone you sign as a camp body. Jets don't bring him in unless they want him on the 53. A camp body is someone that has little chance to make the final roster and is just there to fill space so to speak. That's not Babin.
No, you actually skipped right over researching it. You just added the numbers you saw posted above you in this thread. Then you say " I skipped right over 2012" gave me a good laugh.

I do agree with you that he probably will make the team and isn't a camp body.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's 34 years old and on a very clear decline. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make the roster.

The Jags have very little pass rush, he was our sack leader last year and we were paying him peanuts this year and yet we cut him 3 months after we re-signed him. He really doesn't have much left.

He got 7.5 sacks last year, but basically every one of them was Gus scheming him an easy pass rush. Rex could do the same thing, sure. But as a backup, he's lucky to be a 2-3 sack guy and that's if he can figure out how to create pressure lined up anywhere but from a wide 9/LEO position, because he hasn't been able to any time in his career so far.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: