Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Visiting Nashville/First Titans Game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VYoung10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Visiting Nashville/First Titans Game Reply with quote

Hello all.
With the season upon us, I have officially decided to make the trip and see the Titans Texans game on the 26th of October. I'll be flying down Friday on United and leaving that Monday.
But I had some questions....
I need some opinions on hotels?
Night Life?
Anything else I should know??
Restaurants to try out?
Is there a good spot for tickets other than SeatGeek?

Thanks in advance, anything and everything is appreciated

2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83 - CUT
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramada Inn is right across the parking lot from the Stadium the price is usually good to find online. The only thing is it's not in the heart of downtown if you have a rental car your all set if your like me and don't care about walking over the bridge back and fourth from the stadium you can do that as well. If you don't like that idea try the Marriot Courtyard or the Reniacance Hotel those are nice. For food the best steak iv ever had is at a place called Demos it's in downtown Nashiville it's a Spegetti Steak house a ton of famous people have plaques in there including guys like Steve McNair Derrick Mason an many others. If your wondering about the night life jus walk down Broadwady at night time it's all bars good BBQ food and music you will absolutely love it and won't be disappointed

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 8 Tackles 5 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 9 Tackles 4 Assist 1 Sack
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to the Jags game this year. I've been to a game the past 2 years and I drove down from Delaware(about 13 hours). This year I'm flying(1st flight ever). As far as hotels, it all depends how much you're looking to spend. If you're looking to pay upwards of 250+ a night or more, then places like the Mariott Inn and Sheraton are right there in Downtown(couple blocks from the stadium). If you'd like to be in walking distance of everything but pay less, Ramada(right across from the stadium) and the Clarion(like 1/2 mile away) are on the stadium side of the walking bridge. Walking across the bridge to downtown really is not that far from those hotels but like I said if you want to be right in the heart of downtown and pay a load of money, than the Sheraton or Mariott Inn are right there. As far as food, like 617 said, Demos is pretty good. I really havent been out as far as finding a southern food place or local franchise. Mainly when I've been, I stuck with places I've liked like BWW and Cheesecake Factory. With nightlife, cant tell ya much because I havent been able to experience much because my GF is underage. However, if you're bringing a significant other and want a romantic night, taking a tour on the General Jackson Showboat is pretty nice. Dinner, shows, and a good time while riding along the Cumberland River. Seatgeek definitely seems to be the best because it lets you view the seat and usually are good deals.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hard Rock is also a busy place at night wish I was going this year damn Titans refusing to sell me Cowboys tickets

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 8 Tackles 5 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 9 Tackles 4 Assist 1 Sack
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightlife just hit down town and let the night roll. I do love Piranhas they make really good sandwiches definitely try them out. I've been twice and both times were great times

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start off on 2nd Ave then let the flow take you.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
Ockham

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are downtown, Italian place called Solo Mio is good. You can get half off Groupon right now.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Titan89

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey VinceYoung10. I did the same thing as you last year and even posted about it. I found the replies very helpful from everyone in here.

Me personally, I stayed at a Sleep Inn which was good but you have to drive to get to downtown.

As far as food there are so many good places but one place you have to try is Demos. I went there with my fiancee and we both thought the food was fantastic and well priced. (I am Canadian and am jealous of the food prices in the USA compared to here lol)

A lot of cool stores along the main drag. Can't remember the name but there are a lot of bars too you will have no issue finding a place to go.

Another recommendation, buy a rain poncho before game day or you will be paying more at the stadium if it rains.

Hopefully this is helpful. I had a blast last year even though it was the game against the Chiefs and Ryan Fitzpatrick Fitzpatricked it up.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titan89 wrote:
Hey VinceYoung10. I did the same thing as you last year and even posted about it. I found the replies very helpful from everyone in here.

Me personally, I stayed at a Sleep Inn which was good but you have to drive to get to downtown.

As far as food there are so many good places but one place you have to try is Demos. I went there with my fiancee and we both thought the food was fantastic and well priced. (I am Canadian and am jealous of the food prices in the USA compared to here lol)

A lot of cool stores along the main drag. Can't remember the name but there are a lot of bars too you will have no issue finding a place to go.

Another recommendation, buy a rain poncho before game day or you will be paying more at the stadium if it rains.

Hopefully this is helpful. I had a blast last year even though it was the game against the Chiefs and Ryan Fitzpatrick Fitzpatricked it up.

I always enjoy seeing people say they love Demos, my family and the owners are good friends. The food is amazing and very fairly priced. The soup and bread are just out of this world!

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 50 TKLS, 2 SACKS, 2 INTS, 2 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 9 TKLS, 0 SACKS
Titan89

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
Titan89 wrote:

I always enjoy seeing people say they love Demos, my family and the owners are good friends. The food is amazing and very fairly priced. The soup and bread are just out of this world!

That is awesome. I actually wrote in their how we did binder and asked if they could bring a restaurant to Canada where I live lol.

The food was fantastic I agree the soup and bread. I had the spinach as well with a steak and the brown butter spaghetti. All was so good. Dipping the bread in the spaghetti sauce is amazing too. The service too was top notch. When we go back we will be stopping there again.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titan89 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
Titan89 wrote:

That is awesome. I actually wrote in their how we did binder and asked if they could bring a restaurant to Canada where I live lol.

The food was fantastic I agree the soup and bread. I had the spinach as well with a steak and the brown butter spaghetti. All was so good. Dipping the bread in the spaghetti sauce is amazing too. The service too was top notch. When we go back we will be stopping there again.

That is so funny because that is what I get most often Laughing I do not like spinach anywhere else but there. It is so good as is that brown butter sauce.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 50 TKLS, 2 SACKS, 2 INTS, 2 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 9 TKLS, 0 SACKS
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demo's has great priced food. Can dine very well for under $25 for two people.

The good thing about Nashville, is that you don't have to stay right downtown to access downtown.
Hotels on the outskirts of downtown are cheaper and are easy to reach downtown.

If you go to West End Ave. You will find a lot of hotels in a good area with good eats in walking distance of the hotel. And you literally can drive down West End Ave and get to downtown. It's a straight shot.
It could be cheaper to stay there, compared to downtown.

or
If you are more confident in your driving ability you can stay a little further out and still be only 15-20 mins from the stadium. Area like Bellevue.
Or
Charlotte Pike/White Bridge Road area has cheaper hotels right off the Interstate and another road that will take you straight to downtown in about 5-10mins.

Food?
Whiskey Kitchen is a good place, Not expensive.
Like Hot chicken?- A placed called 400 Degeres is downtown and is pretty good. Call ahead though.

Adventerous? Down for a little drive? Go to Loveless Cafe. They have biscuits to kill for and pancakes are incredible. Also fried chicken. Smile

If you stay downtown and you want night-life. I agree hit 2nd ave and let the music and smells guide you. Smile
BB King's Blues Club is always jumping. Laser Tag is down there for some quick fun.
Hooters there for some familar eats.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow small world. I've known the Demos since 1989. I waited tables for 4 years while at MTSU. I opened the 1st Demos in 1989 on the wait staff. Got to know the family (my Dad was Jim's Broker). I was a drinking buddy of Doris's back in the day (she died a few years ago). Now Pete's opened up PeterD's and the food is great as well.

HIGHLY recommend Demos'.

Justin615$ wrote:
It is so good as is that brown butter sauce.

Titan89 wrote:
the brown butter spaghetti. All was so good.

You have excellent taste Sirs. Brown butter and garlic is off the hook Very Happy

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
Titan89

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
Wow small world. I've known the Demos since 1989. I waited tables for 4 years while at MTSU. I opened the 1st Demos in 1989 on the wait staff. Got to know the family (my Dad was Jim's Broker). I was a drinking buddy of Doris's back in the day (she died a few years ago). Now Pete's opened up PeterD's and the food is great as well.

HIGHLY recommend Demos'.

Justin615$ wrote:
It is so good as is that brown butter sauce.

Titan89 wrote:
the brown butter spaghetti. All was so good.

You have excellent taste Sirs. Brown butter and garlic is off the hook Very Happy

That is awesome. They should be very proud of their restaurant honestly one of the best places I have ever eaten. It is a testament to the quality of Demos that with all the great food choices in Nashville, in a three day stay we went there three times (twice for dinner once for breakfast before the game). It was amazing and it was thanks to you guys on here that we even knew about it in the first place.

So VYoung10 the choice is clear. You must go to Demos lol. Very Happy

1) OLB Kamerion Wimbley
2) T Michael Oher
LuvTitans

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to hang out and get plastered at The Beer Sellar right off 2nd Ave. Are those guys still there?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: