Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers released former first-round pick LB Larry English
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Chargers released former first-round pick LB Larry English Reply with quote

Quote:
Chargers released Linebacker Larry English.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/491663330205917185

Tom Brady Tribute
game3525

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pick never made sense at the time. AJ Smith outsmarted himself when the logical choice was to take Oher and finally replace Clary at RT.

Last edited by game3525 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babylon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2009 is shaping up to be a pretty underwhelming draft in the 1st. One all-pro, a few other single time pro bowlers, and Jason Smith, Aaron Curry, Aaron Maybin and Beanie Wells all out of the league already, and a bunch trending that way (Sanchez, DHB, Campbell. Jerry).
Persian Bolt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Tom Telesco is slowly throwing away AJ Smith garbage first round picks. Now don't get me wrong AJ made some great moves and some of the players are still active but this wasn't one of them. Good luck to English but he was clearly a bust.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of hate people that talk about how big of a bust he was, and how it was AJ's fault. Truth is that there's no way to predict a guy having a completely injury plagued career. Sucks that he never worked out, but it was time for him to go. Curious who we sign in place of him...Theres gotta be someone out there we're looking at right?

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
I kind of hate people that talk about how big of a bust he was, and how it was AJ's fault. Truth is that there's no way to predict a guy having a completely injury plagued career. Sucks that he never worked out, but it was time for him to go. Curious who we sign in place of him...Theres gotta be someone out there we're looking at right?

While you are right in general, English was never first round talent. He made a living beating up on terrible tackles and was very streaky. He would have an absolute tear where he looked beastly and then disappear. Also had some of the stiffest hips Ive ever seen on a supposed first round pass rusher. Like...Vernon Gholston bad.

Yes, if he was healthy, who knows what couldve happened, but there were alot of people who felt it was a terrible pick to begin with, and AJ had a fair share of those...so yes, it was his fault.
BenderRodriguez

Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
The pick never made sense at the time. AJ Smith outsmarted himself when the logically choice was to take Oher and finally replace Clary at RT.

But Oher sucks Think

I would not mind Pittsburgh giving English a call. Can't be worse than Chris always blocked Carter.

BIG BEN 122/177 68.9 comp % 1365 yds 7tds 2int 100.1 QB Rating Yeah that's not MVP @ all
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
688 Total Yards
460 yds Rushing 1 td
228 yards receiving (9.5 yard avg)
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

While you are right in general, English was never first round talent. He made a living beating up on terrible tackles and was very streaky. He would have an absolute tear where he looked beastly and then disappear. Also had some of the stiffest hips Ive ever seen on a supposed first round pass rusher. Like...Vernon Gholston bad.

Yes, if he was healthy, who knows what couldve happened, but there were alot of people who felt it was a terrible pick to begin with, and AJ had a fair share of those...so yes, it was his fault.

He was probably picked too high, but he was still a late 1st, early 2nd talent. He was a solid run defender, but was never healthy and never showed great burst. THe thing I hate most is the hindsight picks people wanted. Like everyone says obviously he should have picked CM3, but CM3 would have been considered a ridiculous reach just like English. Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
game3525

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenderRodriguez wrote:
game3525 wrote:
The pick never made sense at the time. AJ Smith outsmarted himself when the logically choice was to take Oher and finally replace Clary at RT.

But Oher sucks Think

I would not mind Pittsburgh giving English a call. Can't be worse than Chris always blocked Carter.

Oher sucks now, but he was a decent RT for the first couple of years and he is still better then Clary.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
game3525 wrote:

But Oher sucks Think

Oher sucks now, but he was a decent RT for the first couple of years and he is still better then Clary.

Yeah...I wanted Oher then as well.

He was decent early on, but never came close to living up to the hype.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
game3525 wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
game3525 wrote:

But Oher sucks Think

Yeah...I wanted Oher then as well.

He was decent early on, but never came close to living up to the hype.

Yea The Blindside made a bigger splash than he did with his career

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babylon wrote:
2009 is shaping up to be a pretty underwhelming draft in the 1st. One all-pro, a few other single time pro bowlers, and Jason Smith, Aaron Curry, Aaron Maybin and Beanie Wells all out of the league already, and a bunch trending that way (Sanchez, DHB, Campbell. Jerry).

I don't see Sanchez being out of the league in the near future. He'll stick for a long time as a back-up.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a shame i really like English coming out of college and he was on my list of players i wanted the Falcons to draft.

Had a couple of guys i wanted in order back then

Brian Cushing
Peria Jerry
James Lauanitis
Fili Moala
B.J. Raji
Clay Matthews
Larry English

Pretty much in that exact order so needless to say i was thrilled with the Jerry pick and stand by it although i missed on it. Still think if he didn't have that bad knee injury his rookie year he would have been a beast. He looked really good his rookie season before it was getting all kinds of pressure and push.

But a knee injury can kill a DT career with the quickness and they will never be the same.
BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2009 has to be in the running for the worst draft ever, no?
WorldChampsHawk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
2009 has to be in the running for the worst draft ever, no?

Dont remember who else was in the 2009, but the 2005 was pretty bad in the 1st round

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: