Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp 2014: News and Notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Don't get me wrong I like lovie as a good personality at head coach. His defensive philosophy and talent evaluation will keep us competitive.

It's elsewhere I'm worried about. Eric page was 9th in the league in punt returns last year which isn't anything to complain about. Solomon Patton has more speed but he wasn't even the PR at Florida. I don't care about kick returns. The way the league is now 90% is a touchback.

I've heard lovie mention he loves speed on offense. But speed means nothing if you can't play football.

Did you watch Patton return kicks against Miami!?!?!?!? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

If he can show the ability to do that against Buffalo, I'm sold. We need a guy that can help with the field position battle.

We were starting drives closer to the 30 because of his returns. 10 yards is a big deal. Especially over the course of a game.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Don't get me wrong I like lovie as a good personality at head coach. His defensive philosophy and talent evaluation will keep us competitive.

It's elsewhere I'm worried about. Eric page was 9th in the league in punt returns last year which isn't anything to complain about. Solomon Patton has more speed but he wasn't even the PR at Florida. I don't care about kick returns. The way the league is now 90% is a touchback.

I've heard lovie mention he loves speed on offense. But speed means nothing if you can't play football.

Did you watch Patton return kicks against Miami!?!?!?!? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

If he can show the ability to do that against Buffalo, I'm sold. We need a guy that can help with the field position battle.

We were starting drives closer to the 30 because of his returns. 10 yards is a big deal. Especially over the course of a game.

One game doesn't do it for me. Consistency. I just keep hearing lovie being impressed with speed. We took a gamble on dexter Jackson with that blazing speed too.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
We took a gamble on dexter Jackson with that blazing speed too.

DJax never showed a damn thing in the NFL. At least Patton showed the ability to return kicks.

And like I said, if he can show the ability to return kicks effectively again, we've got something.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
We took a gamble on dexter Jackson with that blazing speed too.

DJax never showed a damn thing in the NFL. At least Patton showed the ability to return kicks.

And like I said, if he can show the ability to return kicks effectively again, we've got something.

True. But I've listened to the camp reports. Page was the best Of all of them minus the Miami game. Page did it well last year. I'm just not keen on taking a guy with one impressive performance.

Correction. Dexter Jackson took a PR to the house in preseason so he did show more Laughing

Last edited by REDandPEWTER on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been seeing the NIners have offered Alex noon a deal 3 years 15.9 mm guaranteed. 5.3 mm per and he turned it down.

I know it's 3 years but he wouldn't get more than 15-16 mm guaranteed on the market IMO. He's a good guard but he's no all pro or pro bowler. He's in some way a risk coming from a great line surrounded by an all pro and pro bowl G and LT and the best RT in the game who can play lt.

I wouldn't go higher than 6 mm per year to be honest for Boone.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dexter Jackson Laughing Laughing
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Dexter Jackson the one who would be afraid to get hit so he would just slide and act like he got tripped up to avoid being tackled?

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Is Dexter Jackson the one who would be afraid to get hit so he would just slide and act like he got tripped up to avoid being tackled?

Yes exactly Laughing
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

Ole Dexter "No Traction" Jackson.

It was the first time I've ever seen anyone slide on a kick return. Joey Galloway used to when he couldn't get more yards, but that was usually after catching big bombs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Ole Dexter "No Traction" Jackson.

It was the first time I've ever seen anyone slide on a kick return. Joey Galloway used to when he couldn't get more yards, but that was usually after catching big bombs

I'll still never forget gruden after draft Jackson: "we wanted a guy who can take a slant 80 yards for a TD". Laughing
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

I'll still never forget gruden after draft Jackson: "we wanted a guy who can take a slant 80 yards for a TD". Laughing

It wasn't TOTALLY Gruden's fault, Jackson apparently was a pretty scrappy player in college. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I watched Appalachian State games, especially prior to the Michigan upset, but most of what we read about him during the draft time was that he was good. The failure of that pick is about 95% Jackson, 5% the team.

Still a garbage pick.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I've been seeing the NIners have offered Alex noon a deal 3 years 15.9 mm guaranteed. 5.3 mm per and he turned it down.

I know it's 3 years but he wouldn't get more than 15-16 mm guaranteed on the market IMO. He's a good guard but he's no all pro or pro bowler. He's in some way a risk coming from a great line surrounded by an all pro and pro bowl G and LT and the best RT in the game who can play lt.

I wouldn't go higher than 6 mm per year to be honest for Boone.

Word is he turned it down because he wouldn't be seeing any of that in the near future. He would still earn $2,590,000 this season, $1,790,000 next season THEN the next year he would start seeing the new money.

He's 27 right now and will be in the prime of his career for the next what four/five years. "Wasting" two of those years making $2.2 or so, I don't blame him for turning that deal down.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: