Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp 2014: News and Notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramblinbuc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali should be our owner/gm/coach, he has all the answers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramblinbuc wrote:
Cali should be our owner/gm/coach, he has all the answers.

Awwww I got a fan Embarassed

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Did you guys see what Carolina did tonight? They left Cam and the starting offense in almost until halftime.

Since they got new faces on offense, Ron Rivera knows they need to spend time together. This is the case I was making for McCown yesterday. I do not get why they pull him so fast. Cam in Carolina actually looks in sync with his offense, and they still keep the starting unit out to get every step right. McCown on the other hand looks lost and is no where in sync with the offense and they pull him after 2-3 series. Screw being healthy and risking injuries.............what are we saving our healthiness for...........a 4-12 season?

They seriously need to leave McCown in the next game AT LEAST till half time

I was actually at the game. My girlfriend got some free tickets from her work so we went with some of her work friends.

Few things to note. The Panthers OL is horrific... or at least no better than ours. Granted KC was solid D last year, but Newton was constantly on the run and or taking a sack. The upside for us is that we have 3 massive targets to heave the ball up to if McCown is in trouble. Newton has 1 rookie and Olsen. The Panthers and Bucs will both have good run D's but it will be the pass defense of both teams, paired with how the passing game fairs that will determine the winner of week 1.

Ultimately I think Newton was left out there so that he could get a little more in sync with all new WRs and also because his first 3 series or so he looked like he should be on the practice squad.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a huge fan of you Cali, I especially love the way you beat a dead horse, until its even more dead than it was!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramblinbuc wrote:
I am a huge fan of you Cali, I especially love the way you beat a dead horse, until its even more dead than it was!

Hey there sport, I heard you're my biggest fan. What's your name so I can autograph my socks for you?

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASJ still 4th on the depth chart, we all know he'll be starting sooner rather than later. Confused

Guess he hasn't picked up the playbook yet? Either that or they're doing the whole "rookie has to earn it" nonsense.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
ASJ still 4th on the depth chart, we all know he'll be starting sooner rather than later. Confused

Guess he hasn't picked up the playbook yet? Either that or they're doing the whole "rookie has to earn it" nonsense.

That to me seems the route Lovie would take.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the premise of it, and I can see why the old school coaches like it, and I know it' only a preseason meaningless depth chart...but if the year starts like this, it's bogus.

This is the NFL. I don't care about rookies having to earn things, the best player should play. ASJ surely seems like our best player at tight end, he doesn't really have much competition. If the year starts with ASJ getting limited snaps because he's a rookie and needs to earn it, that will be lame. If he really isn't our best player at the moment, fine.

Also, Demps at 4th/5th at running back, 3rd strong kick returner...not looking good for him. Hopefully this depth chart is nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I understand the premise of it, and I can see why the old school coaches like it, and I know it' only a preseason meaningless depth chart...but if the year starts like this, it's bogus.

This is the NFL. I don't care about rookies having to earn things, the best player should play. ASJ surely seems like our best player at tight end, he doesn't really have much competition. If the year starts with ASJ getting limited snaps because he's a rookie and needs to earn it, that will be lame. If he really isn't our best player at the moment, fine.

Also, Demps at 4th/5th at running back, 3rd strong kick returner...not looking good for him. Hopefully this depth chart is nothing.

Once again he is just getting ASJ the most playing time possible in preseason, and he's looked good while doing it so far. Don't look too far into it.

I don't think we've opened up the playbook at all as far as it goes to Demps. He's gotten just normal RB stuff which doesn't showcase or use his best abilities about getting in space.

I think this entire offense has been more than vanilla, it's more like chicken. Just bland plain chicken. Hopefully they can turn the switch on week one

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Patton can continue to show promise as our returner. He looked pretty good against Miami. It sure would be nice to have some speed in our return game.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there was something on the bucs website about how the tight end depth chart was basically meaningless as they would all be used in different ways. They've all had reps with the first team in preseason so I wouldn't read too much into it. ASJ might not be at the top of the depth chart for game 1, but he will probably get the most snaps.

Doug Martin
Bucs00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
I hope Patton can continue to show promise as our returner. He looked pretty good against Miami. It sure would be nice to have some speed in our return game.

Patton has shown potential and it would be great to have good returner again. It would also mean end for Page as Lovie has shown zero trust in him.
96BucsBallin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs00 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Patton has shown potential and it would be great to have good returner again. It would also mean end for Page as Lovie has shown zero trust in him.

Patton is electric but he can't seem to avoid the big hit on every return. I say he makes it half a season, at most, before injury.
Here comes the greatest comeback in Monday night football history. The beginning of the beginning.
Its Thursday
#itsabucslife
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong I like lovie as a good personality at head coach. His defensive philosophy and talent evaluation will keep us competitive.

It's elsewhere I'm worried about. Eric page was 9th in the league in punt returns last year which isn't anything to complain about. Solomon Patton has more speed but he wasn't even the PR at Florida. I don't care about kick returns. The way the league is now 90% is a touchback.

I've heard lovie mention he loves speed on offense. But speed means nothing if you can't play football.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: