Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp 2014: News and Notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's totally non Buc related but flagging players for dunking the ball through goal posts after touchdowns for celebrations is ridiculously idiotic. Taking the fun outta the game goodell.

I also have been listening and reading up that there could be a chance goodell goes against policy to suspend Gordon indefinite because of the heat he's been taking not giving a harsh punishment towards players who assault women, carry weapons, etc. stuff extremely more dangerous.

This league is outta control.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason dunking is a penalty is because Graham messed up the uprights last year. In an effort to avoid that happening again, it's now a penalty. Who cares?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
The only reason dunking is a penalty is because Graham messed up the uprights last year. In an effort to avoid that happening again, it's now a penalty. Who cares?

Just feel like the league is gone to dirt with all the rules and penalties in terms of TD celebrations to illegal contact on defense but not enforced offensively on wrs. It's like they're taking defense out of the game. The excessive amount of flags being thrown are crazy this preseason game.

Idk I just think it all ties together even in depth with the way the discipline policy is. Smoke weed? Get 4 games to possibly a year. Beat your girlfriend? Get two games. Drive drunk with weapons charges? Zero games. Threat at an airport (won't use the word) ? No games. Throw your gf on a stack of guns and threaten her? Still waiting that penalty from Hardy.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Just feel like the league is gone to dirt with all the rules and penalties in terms of TD celebrations to illegal contact on defense but not enforced offensively on wrs. It's like they're taking defense out of the game. The excessive amount of flags being thrown are crazy this preseason game.

I think I heard that only 27% of the flags that have been thrown have been for defensive holding, illegal contact, defensive PI, etc. There have been a lot of hands to the face calls on offensive linemen. And your typical offensive holding calls. I doubt it carries into the season too much. Many people are already complaining that it slows the game down too much.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Idk I just think it all ties together even in depth with the way the discipline policy is. Smoke weed? Get 4 games to possibly a year. Beat your girlfriend? Get two games. Drive drunk with weapons charges? Zero games. Threat at an airport (won't use the word) ? No games. Throw your gf on a stack of guns and threaten her? Still waiting that penalty from Hardy.

This is an entirely different mixed bag of crap. I agree that the degree of the "crime" should have an impact on the penalty, as well as number of offenses. Hopefully that all gets cleaned up soon. But it probably won't until the next off-season. I don't see how the commish and NFLPA wouldn't be able to come to some sort of agreement on the subject.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the bucs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
i like the bucs

Laughing

I'm right there with you bro. Got a good chuckle out of this. It's just gonna take a little patience and a year or two but our Bucs will improve. ...and hopefully have a franchise QB not named Glennon.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
i like the bucs

Laughing

I'm right there with you bro. Got a good chuckle out of this. It's just gonna take a little patience and a year or two but our Bucs will improve. ...and hopefully have a franchise QB not named Glennon.

Agreed. Can't fill all holes in one off season. Chemistry is a plus. Omenah played well and the OL needs to gel. It's a completely different scheme and 4 of these guys are new starters and all 5 need to develop chemistry along with the back ups.

I saw a post already saying Kadeem Edwards won't be an upgrade to cousins lol. The guy has played 2 preseason games and none that were even meaningful. This guy has upside but his development will take time.

The way I see it: if we struggle , we have an excellent chance at Mariotta. Now if lovie continues to ride Glennon as the qb of the future then we are in real trouble.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys see what Carolina did tonight? They left Cam and the starting offense in almost until halftime.

Since they got new faces on offense, Ron Rivera knows they need to spend time together. This is the case I was making for McCown yesterday. I do not get why they pull him so fast. Cam in Carolina actually looks in sync with his offense, and they still keep the starting unit out to get every step right. McCown on the other hand looks lost and is no where in sync with the offense and they pull him after 2-3 series. Screw being healthy and risking injuries.............what are we saving our healthiness for...........a 4-12 season?

They seriously need to leave McCown in the next game AT LEAST till half time

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
TB Doug22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Did you guys see what Carolina did tonight? They left Cam and the starting offense in almost until halftime.

Since they got new faces on offense, Ron Rivera knows they need to spend time together. This is the case I was making for McCown yesterday. I do not get why they pull him so fast. Cam in Carolina actually looks in sync with his offense, and they still keep the starting unit out to get every step right. McCown on the other hand looks lost and is no where in sync with the offense and they pull him after 2-3 series. Screw being healthy and risking injuries.............what are we saving our healthiness for...........a 4-12 season?

Starters usually play 3 or 4 qtr's in the 3rd preseason game.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB Doug22 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Starters usually play 3 or 4 qtr's in the 3rd preseason game.

Ya I know. Overall they should of gave and the starting unit a lot more time the past 2 games

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Laughing
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

4 wins is pretty generous
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#MiserableforMariota

#HorribleforHundley

#WasteawayForWinston

#PutridforPetty

Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Not reading and completely missing the point is more generous

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Laughing
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

Fair point. I think the starters will be in for 3 quarters next week. That should give us our best indication of how the offense is looking.

Newton missed week 1 so they may have left him in to catch up with reps.

I get your point though, the offense do need reps so it's a good way to get them. But, maybe that's better done at practice, where you can open the playbook up without worrying you're giving too much of your offense away on film. As long as they get the reps they should be fine.

Doug Martin
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Not reading and completely missing the point is more generous

I read it... I know your point... I agreed with it...

You not getting the joke is generous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: