Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carl Nicks- Update-Released, May Retire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
BlueMoon25 wrote:
Wait what happened? Shocked
MRSA infection, I believe in his foot. It went away, but then came back and he had to have surgery to remove it.

I imagine it'd be hard to play with just 1 foot. No wonder he retired.

PSA: If your 2015 mock has the Ravens taking a RB in round 1, you're doing it wrong.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
BlueMoon25 wrote:
MRSA infection, I believe in his foot. It went away, but then came back and he had to have surgery to remove it.

For sure. Let me tell you a little bit about how they surgically remove a MRSA infection, for those of you who don't know;

First they cut around the infection, then they cut down and between the infection and remove everything, all the tissue and what have you that is infected. After they've done that, they drain the wound..how you ask? Well for my knee, they put one hand on one side of the wound, one hand on the other side, and squeezed it out.. you dont' even want to know what it looked like and omg did it hurt.

Then they pack it was some sort of gauze like stuff and bandage the wound. I had that in for a few weeks I believe. I couldn't put any pressure at all on my right leg and had to walk with crutches and I was popping pain pills like they were tic tacs.

(at least this is what they did for my knee, I'm assuming most procedures are similar with MRSA)

Then I had to have the gauze taken out...they weren't gentle about it, they took a pair of tweezers, grabbed the fabric and yanked...omg...it hurt worse than the infection originally did. They then had to drain it again and this time, they didn't pack it, they put some sort of ointment on it and bandaged it and it had to heal closed. I still could barely walk on my leg.

It took quite a while after that for the wound to heal completely closed and for me to be able to comfortably walk. When I got to that point it was still a while after that I walked normally and without a grimace. In all it was like a 7 month process.

To have it in your foot, I mean there isn't much meat there to begin with... and really, do we know how bad the infection on his foot was? How much they had to cut into his foot? Top that with a Lisfranc injury...honestly I think fans had higher hopes of him coming back than what may have ever been realistic.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
NY state of min

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This hurts their line a lot. Like another poster said I remember when this team looked like they had one of the best lines in football. I guess they can add LG to their team needs for next year.

Thanks to IDOG Detroit for the sig

What do Bucs and Jets fans have in common? They hate the dolphins.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
BlueMoon25 wrote:

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
BlueMoon25 wrote:

Nothing wrong with the way he worded it. Infection in his foot, then had to get said infection removed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: