Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Jets Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetskid007

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be stupid for the Jets to cut Hill at this point; we don't know what's going on with Saunders and we know Evans is either on IR or gone for good...

The only guarantees to stay at this point are Eric Decker, David Nelson, and Jeremy Kerley (I'm assuming these guys will be our top guys as well).

I think Salas will make the team, and after that it seems like everyone else is just ordinary... I don't see why Hill would be cut in favor for a Hakim, Ford, Campbell, or Enuwna.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ford is better than Hill and possibly even Enunwa.
richie jets

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
richie jets wrote:
green24 wrote:
richie jets wrote:
JerseyJet wrote:
Offense was priority number 1 and already Brandon Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, and Marqise Lee are all looking like potential studs. Instead we took like 10 Wrs in the later rounds that will all eventually not make the team.
yes this ,not to mention jordan mathews looks like a stud also . and the top gaurd fell to the 4th round but we had to take jalen saunders . but dont forget darquez dennard top player at a position of need looks legit as well. All though I actually have a good felling about pryor and amaro with 12 picks or so if only 2 pan out. to me thats a fail.

Who is the top guard?
gabe Jackson ,raiders took him right after we took saunders.

They took him in the third round with the 81st pick. That's the pick after we took McDougle.
your right ,i remember him going the pick pick after ours for some reason thought it was the 4th round .now i remember a bunch of gaurds going in between our 3rd and 4th rd picks .t
green24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we ended up with a guard in the late 4th and he was projected by most to go on the second day.
KBS756

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Ford is better than Hill and possibly even Enunwa.

Question, how is ford better than Hill as a WR?

I get that he prob earns himself a roster spot as a returner ... but i don't think he's ever set the world on fire as a receiver ...

just checked his career stats and he seems to be hurt as much as hill and no more productive.
Abe56

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Well, we ended up with a guard in the late 4th and he was projected by most to go on the second day.

Had a nice grade by PFF this week, +1.8

43 Tackles, 4.5 Sacks, 14 QB Hits, 9 Stuffs, 3 PD

Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ford is a better route runner and has better hands.
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Ford is a better route runner and has better hands.

Hasn't made him more productive than hill ... he has the same injury problems with a lower ceiling ... and pretty much similar production.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying give up on Hill, I'm just saying he doesn't deserve legit PT right now. Let's look at his skill set. He's fast and big. He's a long strider... I don't think I've ever watched Hill in a game and been blown away by his speed, bc very very rarely does a long strider get to long stride, so his "speed" isn't a weapon like it is with a DJax let's say. His size... He doesn't properly use his body to shield CBs or go up and get the ball over CBs, so really his size right now isn't a strength, hopefully Decker can help him with this. So that really leaves route running and hands left, and I think we all know he comes up pretty bad in both those categories. He still is young but he's not showing improvement, which is the worrisome part.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Hill can just keep the defense honest with a few deep routes (maybe even dare I say catch one here or there) and continue to block well for the running game then I think he can contribute as a 5th WR.

I'm giving him one more year and next year his job will be in serious jeopardy if he doesn't flash this season. I really don't think Geno trusts him yet which is why he doesn't get targeted. Still Decker/Kerley/Amaro need someone to give them room to operate in the intermediate routes and Hill can do that. Problem is that's about all he can do.

I really like Salas though and think he deserves a spot. Decker/Kerley/Nelson/Salas and one of Hill, Ford or Hakim (someone who can blow the top off the D. Unless they keep 6-7 and use Ford/Saunders as returners mainly.

Wish we had an update on Saunders.

Props to Mack on the sig
Mr.O

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill wont be on this team next season

Props to CalhounLambeau on the Sig/Avy
green24

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@DWAZ73: Boomer & Carton talking to Idzik & ask if he wishes they could've gotten DRC. Remember this: Rod Graves knows DRC well. #Jets still passed.
Quote:
@KMart_LI: Idzik, on WFAN, RE: 2nd & 3rd WR spot: Jeremy Kerley does a lot of things well for us...after that, it's a healthy competition #jets
Quote:
@KMart_LI: Idzik on salary cap: "There's plans for our cash." Says that will allow them to be successful in the future (WFAN)
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill will be fine this season if he stay healthy.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Abe56

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI
Jalen Saunders said it was "a shocking situation" and "it was something unusual," but won't say what exactly happened during the accident

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
Jalen Saunders doesn't want to go into detail as to what happened to him, but says he's "alive and happy." #Jets

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI
Saunders said he'll be back on the field soon, but not giving any specifics

43 Tackles, 4.5 Sacks, 14 QB Hits, 9 Stuffs, 3 PD

Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:
@DWAZ73: Boomer & Carton talking to Idzik & ask if he wishes they could've gotten DRC. Remember this: Rod Graves knows DRC well. #Jets still passed.
Quote:
@KMart_LI: Idzik, on WFAN, RE: 2nd & 3rd WR spot: Jeremy Kerley does a lot of things well for us...after that, it's a healthy competition #jets
Quote:
@KMart_LI: Idzik on salary cap: "There's plans for our cash." Says that will allow them to be successful in the future (WFAN)

I've always felt like Idzik's plan was to make us competitive by 2015. I think we will spend more money next year in FA, starting with extending Wilk to a long term deal.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 28 of 34

Jump to: