Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Jets Training Camp Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: 2014 Jets Training Camp Thread Reply with quote

Rookies report on Wednesday. Vets report the next day.

Here's some articles to read in the meantime:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-jets-set-head-cortland-rex-ryan-confident-article-1.1873142

http://nypost.com/2014/07/19/jets-wr-we-can-make-playoffs/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7886
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
‏@BrianCoz 2h
Rex on the Patriots: "They need to worry about us." #nyj: http://nyp.st/1n0kLbJ via @nypost


Twisted Evil
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 20079
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit I love Rex Ryan.
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32880
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to take off one weekend and go but I've taken off so many and feel guilty to my weekend clients. Plus I have football now. I miss the Hofstra days.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7886
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The battle for the #2 WR and CB spots. I feel like this is Stephen Hill`s year. CB spot will likely start with Patterson, but the hype got me believing DMC will take his spot mid season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich51


Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1285
Location: WPB Fl via Jc NJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
The battle for the #2 WR and CB spots. I feel like this is Stephen Hill`s year. CB spot will likely start with Patterson, but the hype got me believing DMC will take his spot mid season.


I'd like to believe this is Hill's year but I don't think it will happen. I think Nelson and Ford will beat him out and if Evans shows anything I think Hill might be trade bait for either another fringe player or a late round draft choice. I think Saunders makes the team as a punt returner with Ford returning kick offs.

I also think this trading camp could be Wilson's swan song. Johnny Patrick played slot for the chargers and although he didn't have that good a year, he wasn't playing in a Rex defense. (I can't confirm it but I think I read or heard somewhere that Rex wanted to draft him but he was taken a few picks ahead of us) Also Dmc is probably going to get his shot in the slot and that little guy Reeves sure has some great speed. IMO Wilson was "ok" last year but i think he needs to outplay these other guys in trading camp or he could be trade bait. Since his cap is still low I doubt we cut him.

I am looking forward to see how things shake out over the next month or so.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JETS2005


Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 3661
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
The battle for the #2 WR and CB spots. I feel like this is Stephen Hill`s year. CB spot will likely start with Patterson, but the hype got me believing DMC will take his spot mid season.


I'd like to believe this is Hill's year but I don't think it will happen. I think Nelson and Ford will beat him out and if Evans shows anything I think Hill might be trade bait for either another fringe player or a late round draft choice. I think Saunders makes the team as a punt returner with Ford returning kick offs.

I also think this trading camp could be Wilson's swan song. Johnny Patrick played slot for the chargers and although he didn't have that good a year, he wasn't playing in a Rex defense. (I can't confirm it but I think I read or heard somewhere that Rex wanted to draft him but he was taken a few picks ahead of us) Also Dmc is probably going to get his shot in the slot and that little guy Reeves sure has some great speed. IMO Wilson was "ok" last year but i think he needs to outplay these other guys in trading camp or he could be trade bait. Since his cap is still low I doubt we cut him.

I am looking forward to see how things shake out over the next month or so.


I dont think we keep Ford that is a lot of receivers to carry

Decker
Kerley
Hill
Evans
Saunders
Nelson
Salas
Enuwa
Ford

I think at most is 6

Decker
Kerley
Hill
Evans
Saunders
Nelson

Enuwa to the P.S.
_________________
Quote:
didnt you know, that once you cross north of the Tennesse boarder, your 40time automatically drops .05 of a second lol
--buno67
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 3049
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ford can be valuable on special teams is the only thing. Saunders is valuable there, but outside of them 2, no one on our roster is a return man. So we could carry 7 WRs for that reason.

Decker
Kerley
Nelson
Hill
Saunders
Evans
Ford
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
The battle for the #2 WR and CB spots. I feel like this is Stephen Hill`s year. CB spot will likely start with Patterson, but the hype got me believing DMC will take his spot mid season.


I'd like to believe this is Hill's year but I don't think it will happen. I think Nelson and Ford will beat him out and if Evans shows anything I think Hill might be trade bait for either another fringe player or a late round draft choice. I think Saunders makes the team as a punt returner with Ford returning kick offs.

I also think this trading camp could be Wilson's swan song. Johnny Patrick played slot for the chargers and although he didn't have that good a year, he wasn't playing in a Rex defense. (I can't confirm it but I think I read or heard somewhere that Rex wanted to draft him but he was taken a few picks ahead of us) Also Dmc is probably going to get his shot in the slot and that little guy Reeves sure has some great speed. IMO Wilson was "ok" last year but i think he needs to outplay these other guys in trading camp or he could be trade bait. Since his cap is still low I doubt we cut him.

I am looking forward to see how things shake out over the next month or so.

He went with the 88th pick in 2011. We took Kenrick Ellis six picks later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32880
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post battles tonight/tomorrow.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I'll post battles tonight/tomorrow.

Can't believe it's that time of year again. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheDot


Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 5811
Location: JetLife Stadium
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I'll post battles tonight/tomorrow.

Can't believe it's that time of year again. Very Happy


I can't wait

I love our team this year
_________________
#LeahStrong
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 2513
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is today officially football season?

So excited to see what this team can do.
_________________


Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7886
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Report: Free Agent DE Jason Babin Visited Jets On Monday http://tinyurl.com/nw3okzz

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bianconero


Joined: 13 Jul 2013
Posts: 1783
Location: Polo Lounge
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
Report: Free Agent DE Jason Babin Visited Jets On Monday http://tinyurl.com/nw3okzz
We signed him to a 2 year deal.

I hate him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group