Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Jets Training Camp Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: 2014 Jets Training Camp Thread Reply with quote

Rookies report on Wednesday. Vets report the next day.

Here's some articles to read in the meantime:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-jets-set-head-cortland-rex-ryan-confident-article-1.1873142

http://nypost.com/2014/07/19/jets-wr-we-can-make-playoffs/
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
‏@BrianCoz 2h
Rex on the Patriots: "They need to worry about us." #nyj: http://nyp.st/1n0kLbJ via @nypost

Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit I love Rex Ryan.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to take off one weekend and go but I've taken off so many and feel guilty to my weekend clients. Plus I have football now. I miss the Hofstra days.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The battle for the #2 WR and CB spots. I feel like this is Stephen Hill`s year. CB spot will likely start with Patterson, but the hype got me believing DMC will take his spot mid season.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
The battle for the #2 WR and CB spots. I feel like this is Stephen Hill`s year. CB spot will likely start with Patterson, but the hype got me believing DMC will take his spot mid season.

I'd like to believe this is Hill's year but I don't think it will happen. I think Nelson and Ford will beat him out and if Evans shows anything I think Hill might be trade bait for either another fringe player or a late round draft choice. I think Saunders makes the team as a punt returner with Ford returning kick offs.

I also think this trading camp could be Wilson's swan song. Johnny Patrick played slot for the chargers and although he didn't have that good a year, he wasn't playing in a Rex defense. (I can't confirm it but I think I read or heard somewhere that Rex wanted to draft him but he was taken a few picks ahead of us) Also Dmc is probably going to get his shot in the slot and that little guy Reeves sure has some great speed. IMO Wilson was "ok" last year but i think he needs to outplay these other guys in trading camp or he could be trade bait. Since his cap is still low I doubt we cut him.

I am looking forward to see how things shake out over the next month or so.
JETS2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I'd like to believe this is Hill's year but I don't think it will happen. I think Nelson and Ford will beat him out and if Evans shows anything I think Hill might be trade bait for either another fringe player or a late round draft choice. I think Saunders makes the team as a punt returner with Ford returning kick offs.

I also think this trading camp could be Wilson's swan song. Johnny Patrick played slot for the chargers and although he didn't have that good a year, he wasn't playing in a Rex defense. (I can't confirm it but I think I read or heard somewhere that Rex wanted to draft him but he was taken a few picks ahead of us) Also Dmc is probably going to get his shot in the slot and that little guy Reeves sure has some great speed. IMO Wilson was "ok" last year but i think he needs to outplay these other guys in trading camp or he could be trade bait. Since his cap is still low I doubt we cut him.

I dont think we keep Ford that is a lot of receivers to carry

Decker
Kerley
Hill
Evans
Saunders
Nelson
Salas
Enuwa
Ford

I think at most is 6

Decker
Kerley
Hill
Evans
Saunders
Nelson

Enuwa to the P.S.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ford can be valuable on special teams is the only thing. Saunders is valuable there, but outside of them 2, no one on our roster is a return man. So we could carry 7 WRs for that reason.

Decker
Kerley
Nelson
Hill
Saunders
Evans
Ford
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

He went with the 88th pick in 2011. We took Kenrick Ellis six picks later.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post battles tonight/tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Can't believe it's that time of year again. Very Happy
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Can't believe it's that time of year again. Very Happy

I can't wait

I love our team this year
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is today officially football season?

So excited to see what this team can do.

Props to Mack on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Report: Free Agent DE Jason Babin Visited Jets On Monday http://tinyurl.com/nw3okzz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
Report: Free Agent DE Jason Babin Visited Jets On Monday http://tinyurl.com/nw3okzz
We signed him to a 2 year deal.

I hate him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

Jump to: