Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This years "make it or Break it"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kampman74

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: This years "make it or Break it" Reply with quote

Who is on their final excuse for not being good or panning out. 2nd year players and of course rookies should not be on here.

Its time to put up and shut up or its times to start to looking for their replacements, so who do you have and why?

BJ Raji, always looking for 2010 again, now I don't think that will ever happen but just being serviceable would be a nice start.

I am only doing one for now, you guys agree or disagree and then who do you think is on their last legs?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is time for Davon House, Nick Perry and Jerrell Worthy to stay healthy and earn their paycheck. These guys could get lost in the shuffle on this team.

I believe that Jarrett Boykin is a FA after this season, maybe just restricted (or I may be wrong); but he is going to be in a spot to show that he deserves to get paid. By us or someone else. He has 3 rookies with pretty high potential behind him right now.

I think this may be the final hurrah for Tramon Williams and Jarrett Bush. They are getting to the age where their contracts are going to be pretty high. I think both are good football players, and are among my personal favorites, but it may be time to go younger and cheaper over guys whose best football is likely behind them.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capers
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I think it is time for Davon House, Nick Perry and Jerrell Worthy to stay healthy and earn their paycheck. These guys could get lost in the shuffle on this team.

I believe that Jarrett Boykin is a FA after this season, maybe just restricted (or I may be wrong); but he is going to be in a spot to show that he deserves to get paid. By us or someone else. He has 3 rookies with pretty high potential behind him right now.

I think this may be the final hurrah for Tramon Williams and Jarrett Bush. They are getting to the age where their contracts are going to be pretty high. I think both are good football players, and are among my personal favorites, but it may be time to go younger and cheaper over guys whose best football is likely behind them.

Boykin:

5/14/2012: Signed a three-year, $1.44 million contract. 2014: $570,000, 2015: Restricted Free Agent
PACKRULE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Capers

I could get on board with this. Although some years like last year he's had not much to work with. He's made some strange moves and needs to be held to a pretty high standard.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PACKRULE wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Capers

I could get on board with this. Although some years like last year he's had not much to work with. He's made some strange moves and needs to be held to a pretty high standard.

I feel like even though he has dealt with injuries and at times a lack of talent, barring half the team pulling hammies the excuses are over. I think we were 23rd or worst last year in yards per game. Per play. Points per game. And turnovers. I'm tired of a guy who can't get near the most out of our guys. He shouldn't need the most elite talent ever to get past 25th in defense. We don't need the Jay Cutler of coordinators.

I fully expect a big uptick but if not... I'm done.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan Burnett.

Dude is getting paid. He has 2 interceptions in the last 2 years and they both came off Christian Ponder in 1 game in 2012.

He needs to step up big time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Morgan Burnett.

Dude is getting paid. He has 2 interceptions in the last 2 years and they both came off Christian Ponder in 1 game in 2012.

If Burnett has another 2013, we might be looking at Dix and Hyde playing together instead of competing. My thought though is that with better S play next to Burnett, He'll get better as well. Think he felt to much pressure to do everything last year.

Kempes on the custom sig!
mikemike778

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

Surely this thread is about under-achievers. Big names who haven't done and face their last chance before being kicked out.

Boykin may be a guy playing for his future but surely the absolutely last possible person this thread is about.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Morgan Burnett.

If Burnett has another 2013, we might be looking at Dix and Hyde playing together instead of competing. My thought though is that with better S play next to Burnett, He'll get better as well. Think he felt to much pressure to do everything last year.

He looked completely lost, in everything, at times. It had to be a mental block there. Like you said, the pressure or something. I mean I recall one game where his tackling was so bad you would have thought he had never played football before. That's just not the player there, just needs some confidence and momentum and get that chemistry with his counterpart. He'll be fine.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Jones - good 2012 terrible 2013
BJ Raji - great 2011 not so great 2012 and 2013
Jerel Worthy - enough said
Centers - is either the answer
Nick Perry - 15 of a possible 32 games availability has to stop and he has to produce
Derrick Sherrod - feel bad for the kid but this has to be his year
Morgan Burnett - you got some help so now its time
Mike Neal - what is he a good DE or a decent OLB - is he better suited as a 4-3 DE
Dom Capers - he needs to make the Packers a top 15 defense or he has to go
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order of most important to show improvement:

Capers
Brad Jones
BJ Raji
Nick perry (in health)
Morgan Burnett
Derrek Sherrod
Andrew Quarless
Brandon Bostick
Davon House
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue-Splitter wrote:
In order of most important to show improvement:

Capers
Brad Jones
BJ Raji
Nick perry (in health)
Morgan Burnett
Derrek Sherrod
Andrew Quarless
Brandon Bostick
Davon House

You mean to the overall team, in terms of importance, not their status on the 53 obviously?

Like Capers has a lifetime deal so he doesn't have to do anything to stick around Laughing

But House and Bostick definitely need to keep their game up to make the team.

(This entire post is half joking FYI)

I'm not sure Q has much to worry about. He got paid like a #2 TE, he'll play like one, because he is one. That's the expectation and probably where he'll land. But since you were going by importance for them to step up...it's different. I'm confusing myself now.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Nick Perry* The coaches seem to be pretty down on this guy. It's time to step up or get shipped off. How about a Perry for McClellin swap? The ultra rare Packer/Bear swap .. of bums.
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capers shoulda been gone years ago when Collins and Woodson left. Sorry Dom fans but we don't have beasts all over the field to make his complicated scheme at least decent anymore.
Perry and House gotta step it up and show consistancy.
Neal, another overpaid defender gotta show that he has at least more than Walden or else we can stick with a cheaper version in Hubbard.
Burnett. Mediocre safety play opposite him doesn't mean he needs to miss all them tackles or get lost in the open field.
SOMEBODY has to grow into a star within the D line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: