Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What to do in the draft?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: What to do in the draft? Reply with quote

Now that we signed Rolle. What do we do in the draft if both WR's are gone? If we stay put do you think we take a shot at Shawn Merriman he's a local product and reminds people of Abrahmn. He came out earily but this kid is going to be stud! I would love it if we moved up, drafted Braylon and took a shot at free agent that doesnt want a huge deal. or even move down a few spots and take Cody or Williamson. Alot of people now have Williamson above of Williams. i guess it all depends on what happens with Coles and Gardner.
e16bball

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been really intrigued with Merriman, but I have heard he might even go number 3 to Cleveland, he is that good a fit for a 3-4 hybrid style defense. If he bulks up a bit, he would be a really impressive DE IMO though and I always love to get the Terps.

He is the only guy I would be interested in drafting at 9. I would be much more comfortable trading down to about 15 or 16 and getting that second if Williams and Edwards are off. Actually, I would be most comfortable trading up to get one of them, but who knows. At 15 or 16, we could target Williamson, a number of DEs, or even Channing Crowder, who we may now be interested in.
WhySkins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think if we stay at 9 and both receivers are gone we should take merriman and if he's not there trade down for williamson. we definately won't go cornerback now and merriman is by far the best pass rusher in the draft.
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say we trade up and get 1 of the recivers we need some offense not defense and if we dont draft 1 of them in the future every1 will be saying we passed on an oppertunity on getting a great wide receiver which both edwards and williams will be

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: