Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SoS's Pressing Questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

How's it going fellas. This will be the next installment of my "32 Team Pressing Fantasy Questions" thread, which will be found in the Fantasy Football forum once I've compiled a sufficient amount of responses. I will be linking each team from that central thread so posters can click on the link and be directed to this thread (or whichever team they click on) to directly see the comments you guys have left.

With that said, I would GREATLY appreciate as much participation/responses/opinions as possible. I know it's somewhat of a dead period here on Football's Future but it would be great if you guys could just take a few seconds to voice what you believe to be the answer to these pressing questions. Since it is for fantasy purposes, there likely will not be any defensive questions. Each team will have 3 questions and they will generally encompass the QBs, RBs, and WRs.

Thanks in advance!

1. People are looking at this Bucs running game and wondering just how it's going to shake out. There are potentially 4 guys on the roster who could all be fantasy starters if they were given 15+ carries a game. Doug Martin had a disappointing 2013 season, but are you guys expecting him to once again be a top 10 fantasy RB with 300+ touches? How might Charles Sims rookie workload look like?

2. Josh McCown is a guy who gets pretty overlooked by fantasy owners despite his impressive showing with the Bears. Do you think he has the potential to be a sneaky top 10 fantasy QB this year, or should the inexperience of the guys around him and Tedford's run-oriented offense hold him back from that?

3. The receivers in Tampa are just absolutely huge. Vincent Jackson is the veteran of the group, but which of these guys is going to have the best 2014 season? Who has the most value going forward (Jackson, Evans, ASJ, Herron, etc.)?

djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. People are looking at this Bucs running game and wondering just how it's going to shake out. There are potentially 4 guys on the roster who could all be fantasy starters if they were given 15+ carries a game. Doug Martin had a disappointing 2013 season, but are you guys expecting him to once again be a top 10 fantasy RB with 300+ touches? How might Charles Sims rookie workload look like?

IMO Rainey will be cut by the end of the preseason but i think he will be a great #2 or #3 somewhere but he doesn't have a fit in Tampa.

I highly doubt Martin will have over 300 touches, IMO he will have 175+ touches, With the addition of Sims and the emergence of james last year Martin's carries will decrease i would not take him in the first 2-3 Rounds

Sims will have a sproles type role, i see him being a 3rd Down back but his role will grow as the season progresses. He has great hands, and can be a good RB if martin goes down.

Quote:
2. Josh McCown is a guy who gets pretty overlooked by fantasy owners despite his impressive showing with the Bears. Do you think he has the potential to be a sneaky top 10 fantasy QB this year, or should the inexperience of the guys around him and Tedford's run-oriented offense hold him back from that?

I think McCown can have a great year since we have so many good weapons, I think McCown is a very good QB but it really relies on our OL. Guard is a huge concern for all of us, and we have one of the best Guards in the game but he is injured, if he gets healthy in time McCown will have a great year.

Quote:
3. The receivers in Tampa are just absolutely huge. Vincent Jackson is the veteran of the group, but which of these guys is going to have the best 2014 season? Who has the most value going forward (Jackson, Evans, ASJ, Herron, etc.)?

Jackson and Evans will get the most attention, so they have the most value but the TE group will be under the radar and will be a great RZ presence. But we really don't know who will be the starter.
Wright had a surprisingly good fanatsy season last year, Myers was a top 5 TE in 2012, and ASJ was a beast in college but his foot will hinder him, and with a good QB at helm that TE core will be very good. And Herron is a wildcard, he has great Speed, has good hands and can be a good backup WR but don't except him to put up 10+ Points.

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 43 Catches 561 Yards 2 TDs
#FireLovie
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin will have ~300 touches. More than 175.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO and I know McCown has been getting almost all of the first team snaps at qb, if glennon and McCown are even in play, why not start glennon? See if he can prove worthy of the qb of the future so were not banking on him as that while sitting behind McCown? Unless McCown clearly proves he's beyond better, I think glennon should start.
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As crazy as this sounds, I really think our passing game will be more successful than our ground attack. I don't trust our guards don't hold up against the premier DT's in the league. Its hard to believe Martin is going to do damage between the tackles without Nicks starting. He will be our work horse but Sims will be our 3rd down back and spell him. Should be like 60/40 between the two.

Evans or ASJ should have a good year next year. None of the NFL defensive coordinators have game tape in our offensive system so I expect them to produce high volume of TD's, maybe 7-8 each.

Not sure how we use Evans but he has the upside to be a 1,000 yard receiver in his first year. Kid is a legit deep threat down the field with his combination of size and speed and catch radius. But, similarly Vincent Jackson is the same way. Evans is a lot more physical so I can see him being the short route-intermediate route runner while V-Jack goes deep. I'm excited for the offense for the first time in a very long time.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, I'm not as concerned with the interior as most are. Remember, teams built their interiors with later round picks and UDFAs all the time. It's not uncommon really. We make a deal for Alex Boone per say? UDFA. Carl Nicks? UDFA. Jamon Meredith played well last year. If nicks isn't healthy, then I do agree. We should make a move.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Hm, I'm not as concerned with the interior as most are. Remember, teams built their interiors with later round picks and UDFAs all the time. It's not uncommon really. We make a deal for Alex Boone per say? UDFA. Carl Nicks? UDFA. Jamon Meredith played well last year. If nicks isn't healthy, then I do agree. We should make a move.

We've got good tackles and an established center. That should accomodate for our lack of a badass at guard. I'm not too worried about our guards but I still think we could definitely improve. I won't count Nicks until he actually gets cleared and plays.
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Nicks was drafted in the 5th round and was a tackle coming out of Nebraska. Boone was indeed a UDFA though and like Nicks played RT and made the switch easily. I hope Meredith and these other guys play well because if so we can be unstoppable on offense with a consistent running game.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Nicks was drafted in the 5th round and was a tackle coming out of Nebraska. Boone was indeed a UDFA though and like Nicks played RT and made the switch easily. I hope Meredith and these other guys play well because if so we can be unstoppable on offense with a consistent running game.

Whoa. Slow your horses. Unstoppable? We've gotta find a consistent QB first.
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

With a consistent running game, there's no way teams will be able to stop Jackson-Evans-ASJ with 8-9 in the box. McCown would deliver in those situations as he did in CHI, I have no doubt. My doubts are him being successful however, when there are more defenders in coverage.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

With a consistent running game, there's no way teams will be able to stop Jackson-Evans-ASJ with 8-9 in the box. McCown would deliver in those situations as he did in CHI, I have no doubt. My doubts are him being successful however, when there are more defenders in coverage.

Great talent at wr/te is not going to make McCown look like a super star. Remember 2 of those 3 are rookies. They're going to go through a learning curve. McCown having that 5 game roll, when's the last time anyone had film on him? 5 games out of a 10 year career? Rolling Eyes

I think expectations are a little too high here. We had huge turnover on this roster and a brand new regime. Talent and depth was added. But qb remains a huge question mark with back up caliber qbs at the helm.
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Great talent at wr/te is not going to make McCown look like a super star. Remember 2 of those 3 are rookies. They're going to go through a learning curve. McCown having that 5 game roll, when's the last time anyone had film on him? 5 games out of a 10 year career? Rolling Eyes

I think expectations are a little too high here. We had huge turnover on this roster and a brand new regime. Talent and depth was added. But qb remains a huge question mark with back up caliber qbs at the helm.

McCown does NOT have to look like a "super star". Hell, I don't expect him to be a top 10 fantasy QB but I do see him more than capable of playing on an Alex Smith level WITH a running game. Somewhere around the 23/7 td:int ratio with a 60% completion. Its not THAT far-fetched considering the amount of talent we have on offense. If we have a consistent running game, there's no way McCown won't be able to take advantage with Evans/Jackson on the outside 1v1.

Expectations aren't high at all. McCown is a veteran QB and can make good decisions and accurate throws when he has time. I've seen the film, he is more than capable of taking advantage of 1v1's, its the ability to beat a defense with more than 1 playing the pass we should be considered of.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

McCown does NOT have to look like a "super star". Hell, I don't expect him to be a top 10 fantasy QB but I do see him more than capable of playing on an Alex Smith level WITH a running game. Somewhere around the 23/7 td:int ratio with a 60% completion. Its not THAT far-fetched considering the amount of talent we have on offense. If we have a consistent running game, there's no way McCown won't be able to take advantage with Evans/Jackson on the outside 1v1.

Expectations aren't high at all. McCown is a veteran QB and can make good decisions and accurate throws when he has time. I've seen the film, he is more than capable of taking advantage of 1v1's, its the ability to beat a defense with more than 1 playing the pass we should be considered of.

Thing is I can't say he's anything close to Alex smith. What has McCown accomplished in this league? He's been in and out as a back up. He came in and played 4 of the worst defenses in football, and he still had decision making issues, which he got away with several dropped ints in those 5 games. I'll believe it when I see it that he can be Alex smith. But you need to consider Evans and ASJ are rookies, brand new offense. There's going to be struggles and a bunch of uncertainty at qb. The running game is going to be leaned on.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason the running game will be leaned on if it is is because Lovie wants it that way.

No way do we bench the Glennon for the vet Lovie wanted to bring in then turn around and use our first three draft picks on Evans, ASJ and Sims just to be conservative and pound the rock once the season starts.

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
The only reason the running game will be leaned on if it is is because Lovie wants it that way.

No way do we bench the Glennon for the vet Lovie wanted to bring in then turn around and use our first three draft picks on Evans, ASJ and Sims just to be conservative and pound the rock once the season starts.

I was gonna say..

Our running game will be used to open up the passing game. I know Lovie is known as a bit of a conservative guy, but the combination of Tedford, bringing in a guy whose only success came in a vertical offense (Mccown), drafting 3 pass catchers in Evans, ASJ, and basically Sims...seems pretty clear that Lovie is going to let Tedford dictate the offense. It will probably be a pretty balanced offense with a big play mentality. Lots of weapons on the field at once, running out of 4 wideout sets, etc.

Keeps thew defense on their toes A LOT better than always running out of the most obvious run formation (2 TE'S, 1 FB) and then passing out of an obvious passing formation on 3rd and long. Schiano was a moron.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: